"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 05:11:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pay construction worker for...........  (Read 1185 times)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Pay construction worker for...........
« on: July 30, 2012, 04:49:55 am »

I think it'd be a great idea be able to pay a construction fore-worker to install an advanced workbench in any player owned base. But if its a small and cheap base maybe make the bench cost more, a bigger and harder to make/buy base, make it cheaper. Also maybe rentable adv. workbenches. For example, ADV. workbench for,

Cave or Depot - Buy = 40,000 caps, Rent = 6,000 caps (per real life week.)

Trapper Camp/Gas Station - Buy = 36,000 caps, Rent = 5,400 caps

Scrapheap - Buy = 32,000 caps, Rent = 4,800 caps

Outpost - Buy = 28,000 caps, Rent = 4,200 caps

Old Bunker - well, since it already costs 500,000 caps, maybe get one for free? But if not, at least make it cheaper maybe. Buy = 15,000 caps, Rent = 2,500 caps.

And please, if there are many trolls reading this post, try to hold your "this is the stupidest idea since the spore plant guard" comments.

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
Re: Pay construction worker for...........
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 04:53:46 am »

Hmmm i like this idea but for balancing reasons and others it would probably be a better idea to make the price higher, say like 100k caps for an advanced workbench for one base, It may seem like alot but think about it, 100000 caps to not have to go repeatedly back and forward for Gun runner's or go to a dangerous place...I endorse this idea though.
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 04:57:11 am »

Hmmm i like this idea but for balancing reasons and others it would probably be a better idea to make the price higher, say like 100k caps for an advanced workbench for one base, It may seem like alot but think about it, 100000 caps to not have to go repeatedly back and forward for Gun runner's or go to a dangerous place...I endorse this idea though.
Heh maybe, but 100k is more than it costs for a base in the first place. Thats like paying 160,000 dollars for a new house in real life, then buying 500,000 dollars worth of appliences, think about it.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:02:33 am »

in real life
Yes, this is Sims: 2238, we need realistic things.

Of course I could post something like:
"this is the stupidest idea since the spore plant guard"
But then I won't be original. So I'll have to post something else, like:
"The reason adv. workbrenches were made is to force players kill innocent crafters and fight each other there. You suggestion breaks it, because it's harder to be PKed in your own base."

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:18:21 am »

NO!!!!!     You need to go out from your safe lair and die horribly, its the way of the wasteland.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 12:10:02 pm »

paying 160,000 dollars for a new house in real life, then buying 500,000 dollars worth of appliances
What's wrong with that?

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 03:45:49 pm »

Thats like paying 160,000 dollars for a new house in real life, then buying 500,000 dollars worth of appliences, think about it.

Pimp my house.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 07:04:45 pm »

Heh maybe, but 100k is more than it costs for a base in the first place. Thats like paying 160,000 dollars for a new house in real life, then buying 500,000 dollars worth of appliences, think about it.

You should have bought more expensive house in the first place.  ;D

Since the introducion of blueprints (and the stupid way of obtaining them) i do not craft, so i don't really care for myself. But i'm against this suggestion. Because AWorkbench is anothner thing to fight for, except towns.

If anything, Advanced Workbench in the player base should make that base visible to everyone (but you would have to go near, to actually discover it, like with towns).
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 07:14:13 pm »

The idea doesn't seem to be bad at all, yet the prices are not satisfactory from my point of view. I would say one hundred thousand caps the cheapest, followed up to four hundred thousands caps.

The point is that currently it's not very easy to access one and if you fail in the process (getting killed by Sentry's or whatever) you loose all of your resources that you planned to use at the spot. I do support this suggestion, but the prices need to be significantly higher or no buyable adv. workbenches at all.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 07:31:26 pm »

The idea doesn't seem to be bad at all, yet the prices are not satisfactory from my point of view. I would say one hundred thousand caps the cheapest, followed up to four hundred thousands caps.

The point is that currently it's not very easy to access one and if you fail in the process (getting killed by Sentry's or whatever) you loose all of your resources that you planned to use at the spot. I do support this suggestion, but the prices need to be significantly higher or no buyable adv. workbenches at all.

hmmm, its almost as if its INTENDED to be that hard :)
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 08:53:54 pm »

By making high end crafting hard they make sure no one does it, if it takes too much time people don't bother.

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 01:20:09 am »

By making high end crafting hard they make sure no one does it, if it takes too much time people don't bother.

Thats true, atleast in my case.

But who knows, what are the intentions of devs? Maybe they dont want us to have lots of high end gear.
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 03:15:05 am »

I vote against the rent of bases that already require hours and finances to construct. The only reason I come back every 6 months is because I know I have some stuff to come back to, I'm not interested in paying fees.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.