"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 12:18:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Healing rate vs Poisoning vs Below 0 hp  (Read 1174 times)

Healing rate vs Poisoning vs Below 0 hp
« on: July 29, 2012, 03:01:59 pm »

I read on the wiki that "Characters with HP below 0 who receive poison damage will die immediately even if their HP is above -20."

My healing rate is +16hp per seconds. With most of the poison damage I've seen so far my healing rate would easily overcome the negative effects of poisoning. Additionally, my character has the "dead man walking" perk. Still I have to die with -5hp due to the above mentioned statement or behavior.

Now that the suicide command is there for the hopeless it would be good if this feature could be changed by the devs.

JovankaB

Re: Healing rate vs Poisoning vs Below 0 hp
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 04:25:24 pm »

IMHO poison is too weak anyway. Needs to be made stronger first, then this weird effect maybe could be taken off...

The way I see it - you should be either prepared for poisoning or act fast if you get poisoned.

Right now the effect is rather boring and negligible, unless you have low level character or something like 2 EN.
But even then you can just FA yourself and farm some weak powders. Unless you fight and get below 0 hp...

avv

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 07:34:20 pm »

IMHO poison is too weak anyway. Needs to be made stronger first, then this weird effect maybe could be taken off...

Poison is dangerous. Being poisoned is just annoying, but being hit by poison attacks over time is deadly because once you reach 100 poison levels, you will die.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 08:51:01 pm »

beign in  -HP means you are in critical state, lying unconscious, almost dead, literally . In such state even weak poison is enough to stop your heart.
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 08:56:39 pm »

Only real poison in the game is the black radscorpions and that shit is retarded. full hp, 10 end and dead in 4 hits. I'd like to see poison balanced and introduced as a pvp option (throwing knives, needler, spear, hth knives, spiked knuckles).

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 09:22:06 pm »

being in  -HP means you are in critical state, lying unconscious, almost dead, literally . In such state even weak poison is enough to stop your heart.

And excessive radiation causes cancer and stimpacks are aging mitochondria in human cells... no.

Could you clarify if radiation works the same way? Does radiation kills you if your character has <0 hp? I would expect a high level of radiation to be more destructive to health than a simple food poisoning.

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 09:52:38 pm »

Radiation kills you when you get something like 1500 radiation points if I remember correctly.
It doesn't drop hit points directly, only the SPECIAL statistics.

It's all pretty much just taken from Fallout, but poisoning the way it is now doesn't make much
sense in 2238 with huge regeneration rate and amount of HP of typical character.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:54:57 pm by JovankaB »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 06:55:50 pm »

Only real poison in the game is the black radscorpions and that shit is retarded. full hp, 10 end and dead in 4 hits. I'd like to see poison balanced and introduced as a pvp option (throwing knives, needler, spear, hth knives, spiked knuckles).
LK affects poison too.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 04:12:36 pm »

LK affects poison too.

orly? in what way

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 06:27:37 pm »

This sounds nice. Would add another element in PvP. I suggest you to make a suggestion with it.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 08:32:28 pm »

This sounds nice. Would add another element in PvP. I suggest you to make a suggestion with it.
poisoned weapons have allready been suggested.
Roaming the waste again.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 11:14:13 pm »

orly? in what way
The amount od poison dosage you recieve.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 11:50:26 pm »

does it change how many poison counters it takes to insta kill?

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 28 queries.