"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 04:12:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to make Sequence useable in RT  (Read 944 times)

How to make Sequence useable in RT
« on: March 19, 2010, 06:38:46 pm »

It's possible to sniper shot first and only then die by bursts in real time.
How it'll work:

Way #1 (very hard to implement) This will sound insane, but... if you can rework real time system for "rounds" sequence will play role in RT. If you're not in combat (you know, it's when "End turn"/"End combat" window opens) it'll not consider you, you'll play like now.
But if you entered combat mode (attacked someone or was attacked by someone) you entering into one general combat system for current location. Every round = 3-4 seconds. If you have the most sequence (100%) (or the same ammount of sequence like this one, who have the most...) your action will act immediately, if you're the slowest (0%) of the slowest your actions will act in the end of a round. And if you have (1-99%) sequence related to the highest and lowest sequences in current combat, your actions will be somewhere in the middle of round.

Way #2 (easy, man) Max sequence is 10 PE + Kamikaze + x3 Earlier Sequence perk = 20+5+6=31;
If you have 31-99 sequence your actions act immediately.
If you have 21-30 sequence your character will aim before shoot for 0.5 seconds.
If you have 16-20 sequence your character will aim before shoot for 1 second.
If you have 6-15 sequence your character will aim before shoot for 1.5 seconds.
If you have 1-5 sequence your character will aim before shoot for 2 seconds.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
Re: How to make Sequence useable in RT
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:42:13 pm »

Not a well thought-out idea. You understand that grenade with Fast Shot and Brof costs 2 AP to throw, while a sniper rifle aimed shot costs 4x more? Why same waiting time then? Also, why should devs care about sequence, when there are so many other things to be addressed - and of more importance?
  Use your brain!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:43:28 pm »

Not a well thought-out idea. You understand that grenade with Fast Shot and Brof costs 2 AP to throw, while a sniper rifle aimed shot costs 4x more? Why same waiting time then? Also, why should devs care about sequence, when there are so many other things to be addressed - and of more importance?
Because sequence play 0 role in RT...

Edit: And I don't waiting from developers: "Oh yeah! We'll do it right now! Um.. wait, yeah, now, I starting doing that! Wait some, we'll test it today!"
I just suggesting how to make sequence effect possible in RT, nothing more. They can read this later, when they done everything.

You understand that grenade with Fast Shot and Brof costs 2 AP to throw, while a sniper rifle aimed shot costs 4x more? Why same waiting time then?
Because low sequence = you're "Ehhhhhhhh? Whaaaat? Where am I? Oh, an enemy! Damn he moves so fast! Errrrr, where's my grenade? Hey! You! Wait, stand still, I need to throw a grenade!"

In TB: Sniper's turn in first, he shots, and only then low-sequnced person see him.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:48:10 pm by UbiValkin »
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 06:51:08 pm »

nah i dont like the idea, since agility determines how rapid you can hit or shoot. Now you are suggesting that you can be the most agile person in the world and cast one punch in 2 seconds? that sounds like crap. Since sniper rifles and other sg are much cheaper then big guns i dont see a problem getting snipers bursted by big gunners before they shoot them.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 06:54:55 pm »

nah i dont like the idea, since agility determines how rapid you can hit or shoot. Now you are suggesting that you can be the most agile person in the world and cast one punch in 2 seconds? that sounds like crap. Since sniper rifles and other sg are much cheaper then big guns i dont see a problem getting snipers bursted by big gunners before they shoot them.
Using "round" system won't change anything except for your enemy will do an action first, and only then you punch him. Because your action will be in queue after his. I mean, he'll have priority and act faster. You still can punching him many times, but only after he shot your head off.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 06:59:14 pm »

Using "round" system won't change anything except for your enemy will do an action first, and only then you punch him. Because your action will be in queue after his. I mean, he'll have priority and act faster. You still can punching him many times, but only after he shot your head off.

since round is 3-4 seconds you can cast in that time 1-2 punches only? that is non sense :> Even if you knock him down, because of that delay he will be able to get up and fuck you up since you will be delayed.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.