"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:23:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Improved suicide command - do you want it?

Yes, I want it.
- 45 (77.6%)
No, I do not want it.
- 13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Improved suicide command  (Read 13062 times)

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
Re: Improved suicide command
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 03:10:22 pm »

I didn't know GMs were supposed to heal your crippled limbs or help you drop loot.

They're not. That's why we need the improved suicide command rather than more GMs.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:57 am »

Well-known problems with leaving Hinkley are one more reason why the thing suggested in this thread is needed.

JovankaB

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 11:43:09 am »

Well-known problems with leaving Hinkley are one more reason why the thing suggested in this thread is needed.

It's very likely that suicide wouldn't help him anyway. Usually killing is not enough in Hinkley, because script waits for other people to die and they aren't in game. Or there is other reason, I'm not sure but it does require to grab player to lobby room and respawn with command most of the time.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:45:37 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 12:05:33 pm »

He was screaming for help while I was in lobby, he said he was in the pit so I dual logged and made a match in the pit and killed him to get him out but some more simple process to get yourself unstuck from hinkley would be nice.
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 12:06:00 pm »

It's very likely that suicide wouldn't help him anyway. Usually killing is not enough in Hinkley, because script waits for other people to die and they aren't in game. Or there is other reason, I'm not sure but it does require to grab player to lobby room and respawn with command most of the time.
You can make ~suicide force players to respawn in one of the respawn camps though, am I right?

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 12:19:24 pm »

Better is to hire a few more GMs so players can get help ideally at all times.
Also this, I know Jovanka wants to be the one and only online and active 24/7 to help people but even she can't do that.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 12:28:30 pm »

Also this, I know Jovanka wants to be the one and only online and active 24/7 to help people but even she can't do that.
If you want to discuss whether we need more GMs or not (and believe me, we don't), start another thread, thanks.

JovankaB

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 12:32:03 pm »

No, I'm not GM anymore and I don't want to do any GM tasks anymore. I did enough as GM.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:33:39 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 12:54:43 pm »

To make people understand more cleary and to make Stration happy:

Better is to fix bugs so players don't need help  :)

bugs and things such as:
- you are stuck in a hotel room that you cannot leave
- you want to quickly drop a huge amount of loot on the floor
- you are trapped in a glitched object and no GM is online (and let's face it, they are only online when their buddies need some items spawned; you can forget about getting any help)
- you did something stupid and want to punish yourself
- hinkley related stuck bugs

So making a improved suicide command for specific purposes or doing this
Better is to hire a few more GMs so players can get help ideally at all times.

UNTIL there is a way for players to avoid such issues has been implemented would help greatly.
Now since the last active gm has resigned
No, I'm not GM anymore and I don't want to do any GM tasks anymore. I did enough as GM.
And there is no improved suicide command for certain situations, players are f*****.
Until a workaround is introduced, new gms would help and then when the workarounds have been implemented you can get rid of the old and inactive gms (or the new ones, your choice).

@Stration
and believe me, we don't

and let's face it, they are only online when their buddies need some items spawned; you can forget about getting any help

The end.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:15:38 pm by Simon »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 02:40:37 pm »

I think Stration exaggerated a bit about GMs (they're only online when their buddies need items, etc.) - It is true however that GMs are not always logged into their GM characters, which is not bad in itself because they have the right to enjoy the game too, but it also means requesthelp is useless. Alternatively, one could join #2238 and see if there is any GM there, and now I have to say I've noticed that some GMs were online but didn't answer.

We have recently seen how some people got promoted to devs, maybe a few new GMs could be chosen.

I think the most important thing here is talking about how to avoid unconfortable situations that should never happen. There are different ways to do this (bug fixing, hiring GMs, implementing Stration's suggestion or something similar) and there is no reason to rely on just one of them.
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 07:42:56 pm »

this useless on me but maybe useful if I stick on bug and need quick escape
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 11:43:03 pm »

It's a good solution, this way people can ragequit faster. "HH? FUG DIS GAME" *suicides*

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 11:32:10 am »

BUMP!

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 11:34:38 am »

But yeah the suggestion is good(I can already see the mass suicides in NCR)

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 11:49:01 am »

Do you really need to use a picture nine times the size of the rest of your post to point out something completely irrelevant to the matter at hand, and not even accurate as the term "necrobumping" used properly only applies to trolls reviving old threads for their personal amusement?

I guess you do. Oh, well.

Thank you for supporting Improved Suicide Command.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 29 queries.