"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 03:17:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: r.i.p. gr1m  (Read 5553 times)

LeBronze

r.i.p. gr1m
« on: July 09, 2012, 05:49:21 am »

Hello all,
I hate to inform you that our good friend Sean aka gr1m has passed away. I am his real life friend, and recently gr1m, me and a few other people which my friend knew on the internet shared a base. The last I talked to my friend was at his house when he invited me over to try out the player vs player stuff. Then after finding out he got base raped, he was very angry and he ended up calling is N.A. sponser and was talking to him about replapsing. At this point I tried to talk to him to calm down but there was no reasoning with him at this point so I left. You see gr1m was a recovering addict who was playing this game. We all know that he could have a temper at times, and he used drugs to deal with his emotions. Later that day after I left his house, his parents called me to inform me that the cops found him dead, over dosed on heroin outside of a walmart parking lot with the needle still in his arm. An elderly woman was putting greocies away when she noticed a man in the car, to the left of her, there was a guy slumped over at the steering wheel foaming at the mouth. Then that's when she called the police. He was confirmed dead by paramedics when they arrived at the scene.

I wasn't into this game as long as my friend, or was into it like he was but you guys don't realise what you do in game does have an affect on people there is a human being on the other side of that screen. You know maybe this is just a game maybe it doesn't matter maybe nothing matters, but you guys basically robbed me of my gear and now my friend! My friend was a good person he was intellegant he knew alot about computers but ended up getting hooked on drugs and now this happened. I don't know what to make of all of this, or what to say I don't know what gr1m wanted but he is now gone, cannot talk to him any more. This was his favorite game, this is what he did its what he enjoyed doing. But I hate to say it but this game killed him. He was a very kind and generous person underneath it all and he didn't deserve to die the way he did. All because of a stupid video game my friend went back to herion overdosed and died. He was 1 year 6 month sober and he was making good progress in his recovery and now he is dead all because of this fucking game!

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
Re: r.i.p. gr1m
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 06:00:43 am »

What a touching and truly sad story, my condolences, grim will be missed. 
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 06:16:32 am »

This is terrible.

Sadly I have a feeling that baserapers still don't give a shit so they will just troll this thread like nothing happened.

I haven't used heroin so I can't tell what it's like to be an an heroin addict when his feelings are exploding.

I'm truly sorry for your loss, and I don't know if you saw my post in IRC about how "He will just come back with another alt with even worse grammar", that wasn't about Gr1m, I thought people were talking about grimmi.
I forgot to say, go to hell if this isn't real.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:27:51 am by Brujah »
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:08:58 am »

Sad news indeed,the second wastelander dead this year.
He loved this game,i wish his soul a deep,peaceful eternal slumber in the wasteland sand.
May his soul find peace after such a tormented life.
And please,everybody be respectful.We all know the emotions this game might cause,and it is so sad to hear what they can do to a fragile person.
Rest in peace Gr1m.The desert sand shall not forget the print of your boots.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 10:05:58 am »

This is sad indeed. Not just because what happened, also because how it happened. I would not call it an overreaction in any Way. People ingame just do what they can for themselves, and do not care how others could feel about this. I kept repeating this... forever? Anyways, this is truly a shame. Rest In Peace Sean, he is at a better Place now.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 11:07:35 am »

Sad news. My condoleances to you and his family.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:25 am »

life can be such a bitch, yesterday he was happy for leaving FO and now he is dead

Rest in Peace, Gr1m
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 12:19:38 pm »

Can someone check IP's of Action Jack and this guy?
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 12:19:54 pm »

You guys really believe this?  ::)
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 12:42:53 pm »

i don't, but i allready did an accidental heartless post on other similar topic, so i do not want to repeat the same misstake

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 01:00:37 pm »

lets try to get more info before we start saying its fake. sound good with everyone?
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 02:13:18 pm »

It is a fake, big fake. Dirt act this..  This is an act of shit should give ban of respect for other real cases. With the death  do not play...

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 02:17:18 pm »

This thread is going nowhere, either it's true and some of the comments are inappropriate already, or false and you are feeding a troll. Either way, it turns out bad. Locking.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:29:51 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.