"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 02:46:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 4573 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Haven and Hearth
« on: July 04, 2012, 01:12:02 am »

http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend. The game sets itself apart from other games in the genre in its aim to provide players with an interactive, affectable and mutable game world, which can be permanently and fundamentally changed and affected through actions undertaken by the players. The fundamental goal with Haven & Hearth is to create a game in which player choices have permanent and/or lasting effects and, thus, providing said players with a meaningful and fun gaming experience.

Players start the game surrounded by a vast and somewhat unforgiving wilderness, with only the most basic tools of survival at their disposal. The use of fire is a thematic focal point of the game's mythos, and an early and important task will be the simple lighting of one. As the first hearth fires disperse the darkness of the surrounding wilderness, more pressing questions will present themselves to the players: Who are they? Where are they? And, most importantly, where are they going? From this point on, players will have to blaze trails of their own into the unknown, the wilderness and the future, and explore and affect the world of Haven & Hearth using only their own best judgment and a chipped stone axe. Trust us, the stone axe is the shit.

As players progress, they will be able to acquire new skills and abilities, allowing them to perform a variety of tasks—such as the claiming of land, the construction of buildings and the cultivation of crops—each step forward making the basic task of survival somewhat easier. Having progressed far enough, players will, in time, be able to organize themselves into societies, from simple tribes and villages, progressing through republics, nation states and, ultimately, empires.

Pros
 Completely free
 Great to play with friends
 In-depth survival simulation
 Variety of skills & attributes
 Perma-Death with full loot
 Advanced crafting and terraforming
 Sandbox (HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE)
 Free to play

Cons
 outdated graphics (technically a pro though, anyone's computer can pretty much play it)
 Early game extremely harsh (im talking mega)
 complicated for the beginner, read up
 (as of right now) it is having some lag issues.  It's nothing brutal or anything but it has a spike here and there.

Btw, without a pair of shoes you will die.  Keep that in mind.

Me and our village and buds:  http://nowpic.com/images_folder/files/2012-07/88cb2371.png

Named our village "Lateranium".
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 01:23:46 am »

nice village you got there.
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 01:42:02 am »

looks boring
Roaming the waste again.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:43:45 am »

I bet Michael is MickDick
Back In-Game :D

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 01:44:43 am »

I bet Michael is MickDick
did you just realize that?
Roaming the waste again.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 01:52:43 am »

looks boring
The fun is in the survival.

If you die, permanent death.

It's pretty fuckin easy to die.

Even easier for big experienced players to come by and destroy your ass, steal everything, and burn the rest.

Once you've invested a good bit of time into the game (I've only played for about 3-4 weeks) your heart begins to pound like hell when a bear charges you out of no where and you must risk swimming to the other side of the river (You may drown if you get too tired) or face the bear (which I assure you, you will not survive) or you must run back to your boat, or back to your village's palisade and close the gate on it, etc.

it's awesome.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 01:56:49 am »

meh to me it just looks like harvest moon with swords and bears.
Roaming the waste again.

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 02:03:54 am »

permadeath? sounds awesome!
what about griefers and ganking?
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 02:11:11 am »

The tough guy in the middle its me  :D
I'm also leader of our village. And currently we are not looking for any additional members. We are afraid of our stuff which we get with hard labour.
Really building this village took lives of four hard working,brave,strong,smart,awesome,cool,amazing peasants.
This game is incredible hard at beginning. I suggest to be in group with friends or someone you trust. Really..

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:18:53 am by Aminirth »
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 02:14:27 am »

nice village you got there... It would be a shame if something happened to it.

The red part instantly came into my mind...

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 02:18:57 am »

permadeath? sounds awesome!
what about griefers and ganking?
Oh yeah, you hear about these two guys killing people all the time, one's name is "Ainran" or something.  They and their friends kill everyone they come across.

Luckily, we have a palisade up and everything so he can't just rush in and kill us all, he would have to make a battering ram nearby, and even then, after you build it you must wait 24 hours for the bone glue to set in before you can use it.

You can kill anyone and steal anything as long as you have the skills.

Violent skills involve:  1st Rage:  30k LP to attack somebody. (not kill)  2nd Murder:  100k LP to kill someone.

Then there's the more object related

1st Trespassing:  20k LP to move on someone's or villages claimed land 2nd there is theft to steal shit 30k lp then there is vandalism to break people's shit on their claim 50k LP.

BTW, I have gotten into someone else's village you see me here killing their animals :D  http://www.imagebam.com/image/e792cf199947138  (Happening right now)

Fun stuff.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 02:20:33 am »

The tough guy in the middle its me  :D

There is no middle

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 02:26:28 am »

thought he is the screenshoter and no nick above his head..
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 02:30:02 am »

There is no middle
Actually there is.  ;) Proof
And yes you can't spot my nick because i was screen-shooter
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:42:08 am by Aminirth »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 02:35:42 am »

Actually there is.  ;) Proof
And yes you can't spot my nick because i was screen-shooter
Can't see, says problem loading ppage
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 23 queries.