Author Topic: Size map  (Read 5488 times)

JovankaB

Re: Size map
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 12:05:48 pm »
But when my map is, example 250x250 and workspace is 500x500 engine load this workspace too? Or only my map 250x250 when are elements, scener, tiles, critters?

Only core developers know how it's handled by server and client. FOnline engine isn't open source.
If you want to contact core devs you should use http://fonline.ru/

By yourself you can do a simple test: make the same map with very large and very small unused
workspace and see if there is any difference. Then you will know. I suppose size of workspace
doesn't matter much, if at all, but I might be wrong.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:07:31 pm by JovankaB »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 12:23:58 pm »
Yes, the free spaces remain and they add up to the used memory of a map. It becomes worse the bigger a map is- but then again, big maps aren't very performant anyway. I talked about this issue with Cvet some years ago, he considered this for future optimization, but it doesn't have a very high place on a "stuff to do"-list (and I doubt that it's easy to do).

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 01:49:57 pm »
But tiles can look like square, open any old maps from fallout and you will see how they made.

And isometric, bla bla bla orly? Lol I know that is but maybe is way to make maps good optimize.
Better optimize scripts.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 08:36:00 pm »
Yes, the free spaces remain and they add up to the used memory of a map. It becomes worse the bigger a map is- but then again, big maps aren't very performant anyway. I talked about this issue with Cvet some years ago, he considered this for future optimization, but it doesn't have a very high place on a "stuff to do"-list (and I doubt that it's easy to do).

Where can I read "to do" Cvet?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 08:45:59 pm »
I didn't mean to imply that it is on a real existing to do list. Just meaned that it most likely has a very low priority.