FOnline Development > General Discussion

World Map issues + Awareness Script

(1/3) > >>

codave:
My problem that I am unable to solve at the moment is the location of water on my new world map.

My new map loads perfectly, but it still uses the limitations on map travel from the previous map.

I have combed through everything of relevance in both the SDK and forums for about a day, and am unable to figure it out.

I think part of the problem is that I can't read much of the script notes, so I may have seen what I was looking for and not known what it was.

Can someone steer me in the right direction? I don't need a step by step, just a push towards the answer.

Also a minor issue, I can't remember how to change the language for the proto lists to English in the object editor.

Any tips are appreciated.

Aquare:
Check some scripts called worldmap*.fos presupposing 'water' as a keyword.

JovankaB:

--- Quote from: codave on June 14, 2012, 08:06:37 pm ---Also a minor issue, I can't remember how to change the language for the proto lists to English in the object editor.
--- End quote ---

Tools > Options > Load engl version of FOOBJ.MSG

JovankaB:

--- Quote from: codave on June 14, 2012, 08:06:37 pm ---My problem that I am unable to solve at the moment is the location of water on my new world map.
--- End quote ---

Check out file relief_tla.png in server\maps folder. There are 16 possible color values, one for water and 15 to modify movement speed. Without going into too much technical details, the colors are:

Color / Speed modifier
FFFF00 / 0 (water)
111111 / 0.55
222222 / 0.6
333333 / 0.65
444444 / 0.7
555555 / 0.75
666666 / 0.8
777777 / 0.85
888888 / 0.9
999999 / 0.95
AAAAAA  / 1.0
BBBBBB / 1.1
CCCCCC / 1.2
DDDDDD / 1.3
EEEEEE / 1.4
FFFFFF / 1.5

Actually the only part of the colors that matter are first 4 bits of the blue channel (the last digit in the color values I gave), that's why there can be only 16 possible values. But you could change this, it's all scripted in worldmap.fos and globalmap_group.fos.

codave:
Fantastic.  Makes a lot of sense. 

I found the relevant part in the scripts, and am working on a new relief image.

I'm also now able to read the lists in the object editor.

Thanks, a lot.  I appreciate the help immensely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version