"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 12:04:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to get my key....  (Read 1002 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
How to get my key....
« on: June 04, 2012, 03:07:16 pm »

Anyway, I was doing a trade for Rad-X at VC, after the trade, I leave and get a forced encounter right next to VC.

It was someguy named Hidden Fear, he shoots me, I kill him, then I loot his body, but VC patrol wanted to loot him so they started shooting me.

So I leave the encounter and when I come back, VC still shoot me but they killed me and looted my key, so I respawn and go back but this time a

player named Zack came in and started killing me, but his burst hit VC so he ran from encounter and I guess 10mins had passed because he didn't come back

in. So I go get gear to kill the VC patrol but when I come back, they disappeared :(, and with them, my key. How am I suppose to get it back? and I can't copy

cuz  I don't have the real one
Back In-Game :D

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: How to get my key....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:57:14 pm »

I don't think there is a way to get your key back.
Sorry dude :(
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:05:45 pm »

Guards are greedy ninjas this season. The instant a body hits the ground they have it looted.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:22:45 pm »

Guards are greedy ninjas this season. The instant a body hits the ground they have it looted.
yeah they even stand by your corpse waiting to pick up all your armor greedy basterds
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:20 am »

If you still see the location of your car, you could try lockpick.

boatshift

• Evil birdman watches you sleep
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 01:49:13 am »

lockpick it lol

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 02:35:30 pm »

but how can I lock pick with my character having 28% lock pick skill??!!
Can someone explain why the VC patrol disappeared? Is it because the 10 minutes were up?
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 03:24:25 pm »

but how can I lock pick with my character having 28% lock pick skill??!!
Can someone explain why the VC patrol disappeared? Is it because the 10 minutes were up?
1) Either level up a lockpicker of your own, or ask someone else with high lockpick to do it for you. Groups like http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/The_Last_Light might be the safe way to do this.
2) AFAIK NPCs dissappear from the map if they were not in combat for some time (10 minutes i guess). But i have no idea what is the reason for this function.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 05:14:58 pm »

As the guy above said, ask someone in the last light to lockpick the car for you.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but since your car is so near the city someone will eventually find it if you don't hurry... The chances of him lockpicking your car are thin but still...
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »

I'm sorry to tell you this, but since your car is so near the city someone will eventually find it if you don't hurry... The chances of him lockpicking your car are thin but still...

You can only encounter cars/brahmin carts/other players during 10 minutes after that map was created. When the 10 minutes passes, it can't be encountered anymore.
As for lockpicking, there are many lockpickers this session.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.