"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 07:41:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

would you like to see such system in fonline?

definitely yes
- 0 (0%)
yes
- 0 (0%)
maybe
- 3 (23.1%)
no
- 3 (23.1%)
definitely no
- 4 (30.8%)
i dont want to play only 1 character so it will dectroy my gameplay
- 0 (0%)
im too much of a realist to even bother commenting
- 3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: skill points overhaul  (Read 1924 times)

Re: skill points overhaul
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 01:20:24 am »

Why are alts a problem?

Hmm, let's see ... it might have something to do that each and every single player can be completely self-sufficient at everything this game can provide. No need for other players except if your doing some kind of activities, that most of time are specially designed to require other players(is forced). Don't jump on me because of this, but Roleplaying is an activity too, my personal opinion is that it's your mind playing tricks on you. Then there is PVP, it is a feature! Everything concerning combat in this game is scripted.

What's left? Most content in fonline can be obtained and completed by alts, you need x item crafted you have y alt for that, you need x quest completed you have alt for that too etc. etc. , unless you want to do some activities you can't do with multiple windows and alts, or you restrict yourself by some set of rules you obey to enjoy this game. If you do that then your in a serious disadvantage at pretty much everything you do, those players who do that in my eyes are " nolifers ", serious time consumption to do anything with one character in this game. Of course some players have fun this way, so be it. What about others?

What i'm saying is that it would be nice to need x player for item y, a monkey can understand that. Alting prevents that to happen because ingame features and mechanics allow that and most of the time force to alt in a manner, if someone can't do something without x player, then in most cases he is not fully familiar with ingame features and mechanics that way wasting shitload of time. New player starts playing fonline, he is not familiar with ingame content , bla bla bla and what i said above , if he stays and plays he ends up with 10 more alts sooner or later. Having alts in fonline is like taking a shit, natural things of order. Hard to change that, would it be easy to reproduce the human body to the level that it wouldn't need to take a shit to survive?

In the end the whole game revolves around ugly grunts who each are supported by potentially 10 players. Unless you have a wild imagination ...

Fonline, post-nuclear isometric MMO shooter. Oh yeah! I forget to tell you that alts are bad.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:24:48 am by T-888 »
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 09:55:26 pm »

Why are alts a problem? your system removes all player skill in build design and makes any planning basically pointless. Rav's suggestions are even worse, nerf fa for what reason? Farming raiders is that exciting for you? Outdoors already sucks and is obsolete due to cars. Your barter system makes no sense at all. If you think lvl 1 troll alts are a threat you must be terrible at this game.

Outdoorsman is still useful for newbies and anyone who wants to go on foot (so as not to risk their car in an encounter). I can name a few instances where OD has kept me out of an encounter with a PKer or has allowed me to engage via turn-based when I'd otherwise had the game set to realtime (to flee). I've also been forced into encounters via car where a gang does an instant headshot--in that case the car is just a valuable liability to be lost.

Anyhow, IMO skillbooks should be brought back so that any player can buy OD up to 100%--therefore allowing more leeway with hybrid builds.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 10:20:30 pm »

I think it's rather pointless thread.

No one can deny that currently the skill system is far from being optimal, and almost everyone can come up something fitting better this game. But at the same time developers admit they want to have as much of the original as possible, so there is like no possibility for huge change to it such as the skill overhaul.

Perhaps once somebody will realize it's so much more fun to create a game for fun and not for legacy, but until then...

Just by the way, not saying the original game was not great or anything like that, but we all know it was singleplayer game where choices served for replay value and variety, not for economy.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.