"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 12:45:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 3574 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Apologies
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 05:38:39 am »

I have played with at least one black person on Fonline that I know of for certain. However that's not the point because what your saying is basically that it's OK to be racist when members of the race in question are not around.
  It is.  It's better to avoid a bitch-fit over something so ridiculous.
I would say that while it's ok to joke with your close friends about your and thier race alike in ways that puts everyone at ease with each other by shrinking the elephant in the room into a humerous and non-threatening miniature, the exact opposite is true for getting together with people of only your own race in order to make fun of those from another.

The former brings us closer together by taking ourselves less seriously and equalizing us through neutralizing the minute genetic differences that cause such problems while the latter only widens the divide between us through separation and strengthens an inability to communicate like humans when faced with people from another race.
  You yourself are making gross generalizations.  Just because two white kids joke about the stereotype of black people eating alot of chicken they're immediately going to be racist and unable to communicate with said race.  Why can't it also be just for just humour?

Words like 'cracker' are also offensive and racist if used in a offensive and racist way. But do we have that problem here? according to you if anyone used that word here that person would probably be white themselves, so who cares right!?
someone missed  the point here.  I'm obviously talking about when black people are racist, no one jumps and says "NO, SHUT THE FUCK UP THAT'S RACIST AND WRONG!"  In fact, the opposite happens.  No body says a word and everyone moves on.  But the moment a white guy says something racist there's nothing short of a bitch-fit normally.

It works the same way with the word in question when black people use it amongst themselves. The only diffence is that there is no history of black Africans enslaving white Europeans, certainly not on the industrial scale the reverse happened on, so I wouldn't compalin.
  No african american or white european of the slavery years is alive today.

No one has a right to use that sorry-ass excuse that their ancestors were brutalized by another race, as the current generations were never the ones that had to endure it.  So yeah, we're never gonna get past that until we put the big boy pants on and forget about it.

I don't care how many times you have moved, you have not met every black person in 'your country' and saying that every single one of them does anything besides grow skin different from yours is a gross generalization and in itself pretty racist imo.
I don't believe I said anything like that?

All I said was that virtually every single african american I have met uses the word Nigger, yet expects the white man to never use that word in any context because he's racists and he's the guy who enslaved your great great grandma or what-not.

I am just really..... really tired of the obsessive oversensitivity to race and political correctness in this country, (along with everywhere on the internet just about as well.) and the bull-shit that goes on just because of past actions on a race who's current generations on both sides have nothing to do with what went on.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:40:58 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

JovankaB

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 08:09:59 am »

This for one.

And two, they use the word themselves all the time. 

Don't give me some bullshit about not all of them do.  Because they all have at least once, and I know for a fact the majority use it on occassion, having moved across my country to many places and all use this word regularly.

yet practically everywhere nobody gets pissed and defends the white man for being called a cracker, etc.

So yeah.

It's not about whether it's racist or not. This server and forum is not a public hyde park.
You are only a guest here. There are rules created by the owners that you have to follow or leave.
And people appointed to make it happen. If you want to call people niggers, baboons, bitches etc,
then create your own forum and do it there.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:23:29 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 08:32:27 am »

create your own forum and do it there.

I'm pretty sure that's ilegal too.

JovankaB

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 08:36:36 am »

I'm pretty sure that's ilegal too.

But that's his own problem whether something he does on his forum is legal or not.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:41:21 am by JovankaB »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:40 pm »

It's not about whether it's racist or not. This server and forum is not a public hyde park.
You are only a guest here. There are rules created by the owners that you have to follow or leave.
And people appointed to make it happen. If you want to call people niggers, baboons, bitches etc,
Where in my post did I deny any this?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 11:26:07 pm »

Where in my post did I deny any this?

You admitting to be an ignorant asshole doesn't make you any less offensive.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »

You admitting to be an ignorant asshole doesn't make you any less offensive.
Complaining about how the world, the people in the US in particular, get way too upset about being politically correct makes him an ignorant asshole? Michael was talking about RL, not the forum.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 12:29:33 am »

Complaining about how the world, the people in the US in particular, get way too upset about being politically correct makes him an ignorant asshole? Michael was talking about RL, not the forum.

We're seriously having this discussion?

Okay, food for thought then:

• No, not every black person has used the word at least once. Ever been to Mozambique? Or is there a reason they don't count? Could be something wrong with perspective right there.
  • If there is a different standard and that is the problem, I don't know, maybe lead by example?
  • As far as conversation is concerned, it is not about the words you use, it is about subtext and context, all the stuff between the lines. Always. It's not a problem, if I address a friend with "sup bitch?". Completely different story with my grandmother or my employer.

I'm even fully on board with the whole "we're all way too politically correct" thing. But if this topic absolutely has to be introduced completely unprovoked (and I don't have the faintest clue why it has to), it would be nice to see at least some valid points.

Although I have no idea how this is still going after this here:
/thread right there.

Really not entirely sure what's so hard to grasp about all of that.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 02:10:20 am »

Yes yes, but Michael was just talking about his peers or others in the city that he lives in. Mozambique has nothing to do with it, and yes, whatever the forum rules are, goes -- that should go without saying. I was just talking about in general. I was just referring to having noticed the double standard of what Michael was talking about, though Michael saying "all people" is clearly wrong. My reply was talking about how Michael wasn't arguing about the forum rules, hence when he said "Where in my post did I deny any this?" Hmm just forget it, this whole thread seems to be one big miscommunication.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:11:58 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 02:17:39 am »

• No, not every black person has used the word at least once. Ever been to Mozambique? Or is there a reason they don't count? Could be something wrong with perspective right there.

All I said was that virtually every single african american I have met uses the word Nigger, yet expects the white man to never use that word in any context because he's racists and he's the guy who enslaved your great great grandma or what-not.

Don't give me some bullshit about not all of them do.  Because they all have at least once, and I know for a fact the majority use it on occassion, having moved across my country to many places and all use this word regularly.

Reading is fun.

And I will point out I figured it was noticeable that I was just exaggerating the shit out of the "Don't bullshit me that not all of them don't".  :-X

it was more or less just a way of reinforcing that not a single one I "HAVE" met does not use this word.

• If there is a different standard and that is the problem, I don't know, maybe lead by example?
Not sure what you are trying to say.

• As far as conversation is concerned, it is not about the words you use, it is about subtext and context, all the stuff between the lines. Always. It's not a problem, if I address a friend with "sup bitch?". Completely different story with my grandmother or my employer.
Depends on the relationship with those people.

But even so, in america any minority can say what they want without prejudice...  To the white man.

I would not be surprised to find such in other places as well, though I also wouldn't be surprised if america is alone in this.
I'm even fully on board with the whole "we're all way too politically correct" thing. But if this topic absolutely has to be introduced completely unprovoked (and I don't have the faintest clue why it has to), it would be nice to see at least some valid points.
Experience from someone who actually lives in the most diverse and biggest melting pot country in the world is not without merit, not to mention having lived or stayed at over half the states within it, and met the communities and people.
  But of course you immediately disregard that ???

And I do agree there seems to be a lot of miscommunes in here.  But if anyone wants to keep up the discussion I'm more than happy too.  Not like I haven't been through this before, and joyfully so  ;D.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:21:07 am by Michaelh139 »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 02:22:46 am »

And thus, the thread ends here.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 27 queries.