"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 10:22:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Centaur/Floater XPing... How is it more effective?  (Read 1141 times)

Centaur/Floater XPing... How is it more effective?
« on: May 29, 2012, 03:44:05 am »

Most people tell us to single shot all critters near the gas station until they're fighting each other instead of going after you.

Thing is... It takes too long until they beat each other to nearly death, by the time I wait for them to kill each other on a single encounter I could've killed dozens of mutated mole rats.

I tried doing this with frag grenades and 1hexing critters using a grease gun with 2 Bonus Rng dmg perks.

There's gotta be something I'm doing it wrong because the way people talk about these encounters they can't take that long to end.

I tried searching for a video of how people do this with no success.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: Centaur/Floater XPing... How is it more effective?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:47:28 am »

you need the right weapon.

If you are small guns then burst them with a grease or tommy gun.

with energy weapons you can use almost anything but a pistol will probably need to be a targeted shot

if your big guns then flamers are pretty efective against most of them.

Also, if you hunt in areas where there are fire geckos then they end up doing alot of the damage for you.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 03:50:17 am »

That's exactly what I do, I burst them with a grease gun.

Maybe it's because I'm playing TB?

I just found a video of a guy XPing centaurs in RT with a flamer.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 03:58:35 am »

RT or TB, it doesnt matter although RT will obviously take less time.

Make sure you one-hex them with the grease gun, also if you are not at least level 2 with 90 - 100 sg it may not work so well.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 04:00:18 am »

I'm level 12 right now on this char.

The only reason I'm practicing on centaurs is because I can't eye-shot moles on this char.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 04:10:45 am »

you will never get an insta-kill on centaurs with the greasegun, but the ammo is so easy to craft that 2-4 bursts to kill one shoulnd'nt really matter.

Just make sure you get within one hex and if your on RT you can spend a little more time waiting for them to get weakened.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 04:52:26 am »

should go do mutated molerates till you hit lvl 12 then do centaurs and floaters aliens and deathclwas and fire geckos.  RT is quicker but you need a bit more constant focus.  in vs encounter if a critter charges you generaly a shot will change their target.  Alternatively you can exp with od above 130-140 in the deset just by going between redding and bos back and forth, declining encounters. 
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 05:11:24 am »

Yeah i agree that 1 hexing them is the way to go, but the most effective small gun to use is the fal. it does 120-200 dmg on them per burst. the ammo is a little hard to come by though. And of course if your a big gunner, minigun is the way to go!

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 06:58:05 am »

Yes Lucas i still think these tougher critters are best way to level. Fire for big gunners, anything that bursts, but even works with a laser pistol. The shoot-em-once tactic works to turn them around, and when that fails you just run them past the group and they usually veer off. When you 1-hex, go right up to them and make 100% sure you're really snugged up to them. I don't wait - i start shooting and wearing some down as soon as the enc starts. I use more ammo but oh well.

This last weekend i leveled a new thief from Level 1 to 24 this way and he has 59 hit points. I only died maybe 3 times and didn't use much drugs. I do avoid deathclaws though with a char this weak and i hate fire geckos so i skip those entirely.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 06:59:05 am »

I like to level on them with Needler Pistol in TB and Grease Gun in side slot. (10 AP+BonusMove) Needler has a good range for a small gun, deals acceptable damage, light and easy-to-craft ammo, the Grease Gun is good for close combat. When they smooch each other, i approach them and pump them with lead.

Also, i welcome fire geckos, Floaters and cents have very low fire resistance, so i use them as support.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:00:51 am by Horatio »
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 07:13:37 am »

I hit 24 easily with a grease gun doing single aimed eye shots while they are distracted fighting each other

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 04:28:26 pm »

from my experience, if im exping alone, i always do faster on molerats
i counded how much exp i did hourly
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 23 queries.