"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 13, 2024, 10:37:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Companion questions...  (Read 1199 times)

Companion questions...
« on: July 08, 2012, 04:36:25 am »

Followers:

-Do they get more AP or SPECIALS when they level up? I found an EW companion but she only has 6 AP... Her perception seems pretty bad too.

-What precautions should I take to never lose a companion permanently? I alredy lost two... One was a good one.

-How much booze should I give the companion and at what frequency to make sure they always have maximum loyalty?

Slaves:

-Any slaves stronger than combat slaves or crazies this season? I don't think the page of enslavable NPCs is updated.

Mercs:

-At what rate do I need to pay the mercs so they don't turn on me and remain loyal? And how many caps exactly?

Combat stances:

-If I put my companions to attack everyone except my friends, does that mean I can bring green tagged people to tents without worrying about the companions attacking him?

That is all.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: Companion questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:21:32 am »

Followers:

-Do they get more AP or SPECIALS when they level up? I found an EW companion but she only has 6 AP... Her perception seems pretty bad too.

-What precautions should I take to never lose a companion permanently? I alredy lost two... One was a good one.

-How much booze should I give the companion and at what frequency to make sure they always have maximum loyalty?

Slaves:

-Any slaves stronger than combat slaves or crazies this season? I don't think the page of enslavable NPCs is updated.

Mercs:

-At what rate do I need to pay the mercs so they don't turn on me and remain loyal? And how many caps exactly?

Combat stances:

-If I put my companions to attack everyone except my friends, does that mean I can bring green tagged people to tents without worrying about the companions attacking him?

That is all.
no they dont get more ap or special when they lvl. if you get a shitty companion best thing to do with it is kill it.
to not lose one make sure you tell it to meet you at a base or tent
1-2 bottles a day is good. they lose 10 loyalty a day so 1-2 bottles should be good.

slaves
best slave is still moonshiners and wiki for slaves is not outdated just devs did not add any new slaveable npcs yet.

mercs
mercs lose 10 loyalty a day and want 1/4 of there bought price for 10 loyalty
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:19:20 am »

Slaves:

Homesteaders/Travelers are the best, with their high skills and health, 178 HP travelers 3 squares left of New Reno.
IMO, they are most effective with grenades, if used for PvP.

Combat Slaves are crappy, i'd prefer ghouls over them, just because they can use better weapons doesn't prove they're better, they can't even use those weapons decently..

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 07:21:32 am by McLooter »
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 08:51:37 am »

always use flee command before you leave encounter.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 09:10:11 am »

always use flee command before you leave encounter.

That's what bothers me the most, they usually have low AP around 6-8 and always stay behind...

I have to wait for them to leave the enc, I lost a companion leaving before her.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 12:46:52 pm »

1-2 bottles a day is good. they lose 10 loyalty a day so 1-2 bottles should be good.
One or two bottles is two to four loyalty. I'd make it seven bottles per drop for an average loyalty increase of 10.5. Up that ammount slightly, if your companions die often. If you have Speaker, either make the intervals two days instead of one or lower the ammount to four bottles.

That's what bothers me the most, they usually have low AP around 6-8 and always stay behind...

I have to wait for them to leave the enc, I lost a companion leaving before her.

The idea here is not to make them flee during combat, but after. Their AP don't matter there. Run to the grid, flee command, let them leave first, then follow. If you find yourself in a lot of situations where you need to make a run for it, while not on the topic, personally I would suggest swapping one for a scout dog (to avoid more encs), swapping all for mutants (great ROI, a decent ammount of AP and their biggest drawback doesn't come into play in TB) or giving RT a try.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 22 queries.