"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:08:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finesse in the future.  (Read 4271 times)

Ox-Skull

• TRH
Re: Finesse in the future.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 10:04:47 pm »

Criticals were great in FO2, not so much in Fonline.

I was hit for no damage in the groin by a bullet, but it knocks me out????
Or hit for no damage but it breaks my arm??????

Most times someone dies is because they been KO'd and cant do shit.

Yay random combat.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

The Good Doctor

• Doctor: 100%
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 12:57:05 am »

Right now:

Finesse
+10% to Critical Chance
+30% to your targets' DR

change to:

Finesse
+10% to Critical Chance AND +10 to Critical Hit
+30% to your targets' DR
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 01:12:34 am »

It was planned for Fineese to ignore the 30% DR on successful critical, those are pretty much Solars words, but he is not around here, so nothing is going to be done. I brought this issue up a long, long time ago and nobody gave a shit or will give. Of course fineese will be must have perk, need to re-level builds bla bla etc. etc. but from what I understood Solar thought he done the change when wipe was, but he forgot and never did remember to implement before vanishing.

This is a change where wipe is needed to be honest.

They have nice forum, that's all, there is no future here unless the old developer team comes back, by the way you can stop ass licking too, it is just so low.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:16:43 am by T-888 »

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 01:26:33 am »

Finesse
+10% to Critical Chance AND +10 to Critical Hit
+30% to your targets' DR

This would cause even more senseless injuries without dmg btw.
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 02:04:19 am »

I've tried a few Finesse snipers recently and i must say they are pretty bad.

Trying in Hinkley with energy weapons against CA, i mostly got knockdowns if anything. Knockouts wern't too common.
I did get some weapon drops, but crippling was uncommon. And bypass only happened a few times.
Most criticals were for no damage, even from a gatling. (Small Gun AP ammo seems to work okay though)

Anti-critical perks and armor ruin snipers and make them pretty worthless. Unless your target is wearing something lower than metal, but no PvPer would do that.
Everything must change.
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 03:21:00 am »

Just good.With drugs and only 20 percent crit chances would be even better.With 30 percent finesse reworked and RBTE would be awesome.
And with that kind of finesse macieck spoke about,you can make a reliable critical dealer with top sight,top ap,top hp and 6 luck*RBtE should be working too ofc*.Which is what i am looking for...

I dont think 6 luck sniper will be viable. The difference between 6 and 10 luck isnt just a -4% crit chance, it affects the bonus you receive when doing aimed shots and it modifies your chances of getting a knock out, crippling smthing, instakilling, etc.. If this isnt true if been cheated. I dont also know what that "RBtE" means...

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 06:27:20 am »

finesse is already very good perk, and every sniper is taking it. Making every critical armorbypass with finesse would just make every shot for snipers armor bypassed shot, what would be the use of wear expensive armor in battle then ? i hope this will never get implemented :)
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 09:16:57 pm »

I dont think 6 luck sniper will be viable. The difference between 6 and 10 luck isnt just a -4% crit chance, it affects the bonus you receive when doing aimed shots and it modifies your chances of getting a knock out, crippling smthing, instakilling, etc.. If this isnt true if been cheated. I dont also know what that "RBtE" means...
rbte,right between the eyes.This 6 luck sniper tank is as useless in 2238,as it s awesome in tla mk2...Right tactic,wrong server.My frustration here is that i can t have a sniper that is tough in pve also,and can have some usefulness in random small skirmishes.If he crits,he can t carry,and gets owned in real time pretty much from anyone.My beloved 223 does silly damages.The same kind of build that was so sweet and playable last season now is utter crap.And please avoid utter bullshits like*fine as it is*.It s fine when covering a swarm of tanks.But,heard the news?Tanks went play elsewhere.And they enjoy playing sniper too there.Because,sorry to say,no jovanka there.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 04:48:19 pm »

Look its been years without 2238 devs even trying to make a decent combat system. There is no future for this game let alone finesse.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 09:41:18 pm »

Look its been years without 2238 devs even trying to make a decent combat system. There is no future for this game let alone finesse.
You are kidding right?
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 09:29:48 am »

He is absolutely serious and right.

You can't seriously think otherwise, unless you want to amuse me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:38:05 am by T-888 »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 12:19:41 pm »

Didn't they ruin almost all of the weapons trying to balance shit out?
Nerfing perks such as silent death,armor class,armor detoriation?
Sure many of these changes suck but can't say that they are not even trying.That would just be ignorant.
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 03:36:23 pm »

Solar knew what he was doing, had everything calculated... But then there is no Solar for almost a year now. His work is half done :/
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 05:10:55 pm »

Didn't they ruin almost all of the weapons trying to balance shit out?
Nerfing perks such as silent death,armor class,armor detoriation?
Sure many of these changes suck but can't say that they are not even trying.That would just be ignorant.

Holding out hope is being willfully ignorant. I've played this game for like 4 years now and since solar left its been killed in the womb. They didn't fuck up the combat system trying to create a balanced game, they fucked it up by nerfing everything without a plan and trying to get balance through removing everything. Making jov a dev was the final nail in the coffin, she wasn't fit to be a gm let alone a dev and now you have someone with ideas as bad as vederas in control. Enjoy waiting forever for this game to get better, I'll be having fun on tla. Its pretty much every cool suggestion that 2238 refused because the devs want moar harsh(grinding for no reason) and less fun. Its like they went out opf their way to make the worst possible game.

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 04:57:51 am »

oh man i was away from the game for some time and just made an sniper with finesse a few days ago, just to find out how bad he sucks. Shot in the eyes gives me knockdowns with no damge most of the time :( what is this??? the same build worked sooo awesome last season  ??? why are they changing things which work good?
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 18 queries.