Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 605233 times)

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2385 on: November 30, 2012, 09:41:41 pm »
nice to see You back, You are doing reaally nice work!

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2386 on: December 01, 2012, 12:43:35 am »
Alright! Karpov's back on board! I understand you aren't really a leader, but I'm a laborer type of person - give me a job and I will see what I can do. So, anything specific that needs to be done?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #2387 on: December 01, 2012, 04:08:38 pm »
Alright! Karpov's back on board! I understand you aren't really a leader, but I'm a laborer type of person - give me a job and I will see what I can do. So, anything specific that needs to be done?

This? Karpov even wrote a tutorial for it.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,26833.0.html

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2388 on: December 01, 2012, 04:20:12 pm »
Oh snap, missed that. Alright, off to do something.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2389 on: December 02, 2012, 01:02:32 am »
Welcome back Karpov, and dont be sorry for doing a lot in the modelling, you inspire players :)

« Reply #2390 on: December 05, 2012, 05:30:57 pm »
So what's the deal with wiki 3d armor tracker for NPC clothing, why was it deleted?

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #2391 on: December 05, 2012, 06:07:46 pm »
I don't know Horatio, but I think that creating the original NPCs clothing in 3d is almost useless; you could use the sprites instead. It would be good to have some new concepts for NPCs though.

Thanks vedaras.

I wanted to tell you about something I'm working on. I've been thinking about how to improve the walk/run animations, and I found a good way to do it. This is what I did: I recorded a video and played it frame by frame, and I found out how the light that comes from the character at night, still moves from hex to hex instead of going forward in a linear way, like the 3d character does. That helped me determine how many seconds it takes to move the character 1 hex forward, and use it in the animation. The problem now is that I don't know how long are the hexes. So I exported an Hexagon in 3d and replaced it for the character, then resized it until it reached the lenght of the hex. However, this is not exact yet. Once I get the right size of the hexes, I will be able to make these animations much natural, because now I have the same measures the game uses and, I don't have to export and test every time I modify it.

It's going to be cool. I'll post something later.

« Reply #2392 on: December 05, 2012, 07:21:32 pm »
I don't know Horatio, but I think that creating the original NPCs clothing in 3d is almost useless; you could use the sprites instead. It would be good to have some new concepts for NPCs though.

Thanks vedaras.

I wanted to tell you about something I'm working on. I've been thinking about how to improve the walk/run animations, and I found a good way to do it. This is what I did: I recorded a video and played it frame by frame, and I found out how the light that comes from the character at night, still moves from hex to hex instead of going forward in a linear way, like the 3d character does. That helped me determine how many seconds it takes to move the character 1 hex forward, and use it in the animation. The problem now is that I don't know how long are the hexes. So I exported an Hexagon in 3d and replaced it for the character, then resized it until it reached the lenght of the hex. However, this is not exact yet. Once I get the right size of the hexes, I will be able to make these animations much natural, because now I have the same measures the game uses and, I don't have to export and test every time I modify it.

It's going to be cool. I'll post something later.

Sound fascinating, i'm really look forward to take a look at it, Karpov. I'm a bit disapponted about NPCs, though, it means that everything i did was for a naught, discarded, just like that.
Well, godspeed. We're watching your work with interest and i'll get me some popcorn, too.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2393 on: December 08, 2012, 07:42:16 pm »
I've got an answer to this. It wasn't deleted, it was moved to a different page, which I will reveal later this week. This new page will include "milestones", which is a list of work, that needs to be done, before moving to another task. This is to let people know, what's really needs to be done at  the moment. Once the milestone has been reached - all the content is moved to a regular armors/misc/everything else tracker.

Alright, I have prepared the first version of this page, but there are still a few things to tweak. If you have anything to add or you want to suggest any changes - feel free to write here or PM me. Remember, this page is only there to tell, on which tasks we have to concentrate at one particular moment. Obviously, some job from this page has been particularly done already. But what's important, is that you'll need to forget about it until the time, before we move to the related task.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #2394 on: December 09, 2012, 08:30:52 am »
I'm soo glad that we are soo close to finnish this project. Keep up the good work guys!!!!!

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2395 on: December 09, 2012, 01:39:10 pm »
Good administration, Graf :) I'll have a look through my files and see what I've got that matches. I've got provisional tribal and bluesuit ones certainly - I remember stopping because we couldn't get normal maps working, therefore couldn't finish "final" versions of textures.

[edit] Note - I'll look later in the week. Got some urgent work to finish right now.

Offline Gray

« Reply #2396 on: December 09, 2012, 11:37:11 pm »
Glad to see that you didn't give up and still working. It seems to be a Great Comebacks era.
Would be happy to help, but I am a complete dilettante in animations. But if there are any meshes need to be done - just tell me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:55:38 pm by Gray »

« Reply #2397 on: December 14, 2012, 08:50:55 pm »
Glad to see that you didn't give up and still working. It seems to be a Great Comebacks era.
Would be happy to help, but I am a complete dilettante in animations. But if there are any meshes need to be done - just tell me.

Shady Sands dweller outfit perhaps?

« Reply #2398 on: December 25, 2012, 12:46:03 am »
 What about the flamethrower animation from Van Buren? That animation looked so sick how he sprayed it around and burned players with it.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #2399 on: February 19, 2013, 06:32:21 pm »
Hi. Just an update on the project. I started moving everything to the latest version of the SDK few days ago, but it's giving me a bad headache. First, the animations were not working at all. After some days struggling with it, I found a way to making it work by using a different export plugin. I tried every option in the other one but it still wouldn't work, so I'll have to reexport all of the animations again... *sigh*.
 Another thing that is not working is the shader. I asked JohnnyBravo, the author, to check it out, and see if he can help.
 I hope I don't find anything else, my head is about to blow already  ;D.

Good news is that the armors for male are working on the death animations (in the older sdk of course). I'll work on the female armors, and I'll update the repository one last time for the old sdk. I think I'll freeze that version, zip it, and save it into another drive.

That's it, just letting you know in case you wondered. I hope to get everything working soon.