Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 605354 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 05:12:05 pm »
.44 has very good model but it's too dark for sure.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Offline skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 08:48:36 pm »
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 08:56:41 pm »
While these fanmade models may look great up close, and the Van Buren ones may look pretty poor by comparison, it's worth considering that we're going to be seeing them tiny at a fixed distance. Is there any way we can see a rough estimate of what some of these would look like ingame?

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 09:35:27 pm »
ehm, take a screenshot ingame, then take one of the images from here, go into photoshop, remove the background - place the weapon in the fonline ingame image, then minimize it to a good size. :P there!  Also do that from the inventory and you'll know how it will look there :P

something like that I guess (nvm the brass knuckle >.> was too tired to notice it.)

@below, I dont mean the sprites, but we will be able to see the character in the inventory window and the weapons should be a bit larger there.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:54:19 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 09:49:47 pm »
Changing inventory items images isnt planned - I stated this a lot of times... btw. at weekend I'll have time to make some clearing with all this mess ;)
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 09:59:57 pm »
Anyone going to mess with my models? They're still on 512 textures and are in need to be remade. I can't do anything about it right now.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 01:26:17 am »
What's the problem with the textures SmartCheetah, if you resize them they should work the same way on the model.

about the size of the weapons, it's not that small. Also it is 3d, so it does not strech up from the native resolution of the game like the sprites do.

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 07:16:54 am »
Is more and more 3-d stuff going to get added?  I realize a lot of work goes into making the models but I'm not a fan of any of the 3-d content so far.  The animation looks too smooth and lacks that gritty visual style the rest of the game has.  For what it's worth.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 01:08:11 pm »
Don't know. The charactes with all armors/weapons will be replaced and 3d creeps will be added, but asfar as I know thats it. I think buildings/doors/vehicles would only mean unnecessary work atm. I'm all in for 3d characters, adding them will mean lots of customization to your character wich wasn't possible before (well you can get longhair... thats it for now :P). New animations should be alot easier to add aswell (DRINKING FROM BOTTLE ANIMATION!!!)
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline mikq2

• Fuck1n' Ru$s1aN.. lol?
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 03:45:09 pm »
Hello everyone!

I want to ask you all where should I post the models and textures, well... and where to conversate 'bout quality and such? Can't find any threads on this, and some of them are locked down.

So... The point is I'm a 3d artist and I wish to help thee!.. :)

Right now I've made a low-poly 10mm SMG - here it is:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9549/10mmsmg.jpg

As you can notice there is no diffuse texture (to do that I firstly need to know if it's good enougth?), exept the skylight, which looks really good though. ;)

Thanks for your attention.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:48:13 pm by mikq2 »
https://i.imgur.com/1lDgh.jpg
Ton cruo infuscomus marana da caecux.
Our blood makes dark the death of the unbeliever.
Mental healing will take you to a place with no meaning, that belongs to you.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 05:49:05 pm »
Hello, and thanks for your contributions.
(I'm going to answer for Skejwen since he may be busy =P)

There was already a 10mm SMG, as you can see, but yours might be better so thanks for it !

Check this :
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/3d_graphics_development_tracker
As you can see, if you want to do new models, we mostly need the unarmed weapons to be done (low-poly and similar to original FO2 pic), so you could greatly help by making a model there. As I understood, modelers are now correcting their textures and old models, so existing 3D weapons will be improved soon. But afaik nobody is making unarmed weapons yet.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline mikq2

• Fuck1n' Ru$s1aN.. lol?
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 06:02:41 pm »
2Izual:

Yep. Sure I saw a tracker for models, but my opinion is some of them really need to be redone or totally retextured. Oh my, for example why is that H&K CAWS accepted? :\

Well... some of you may think different for sure.

But still I got what you are saying, unarmed are on the way, if only I have the powers to stop the time... :)
https://i.imgur.com/1lDgh.jpg
Ton cruo infuscomus marana da caecux.
Our blood makes dark the death of the unbeliever.
Mental healing will take you to a place with no meaning, that belongs to you.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 06:06:45 pm »
Yep. Sure I saw a tracker for models, but my opinion is some of them really need to be redone or totally retextured. Oh my, for example why is that H&K CAWS accepted? :\

Because you can hardly see which one is the original Fallout 2 picture and which one is the new 3D pic ! =) Seriously, it's really okay for what we expect by now. It is good looking, similar to Fo2's one and model is pretty good. Of course, if you want to retexture it once you've done all the unarmed weapons, be my guest =P

Edit : And yes, go on with texturing that SMG so that we can compare with Dal's one. The model looks great.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 06:28:04 pm »
Someone should make another deagle this one on wiki is too short imo.

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 07:16:36 pm »
2Izual:

Well... some of you may think different for sure.

But still I got what you are saying, unarmed are on the way, if only I have the powers to stop the time... :)

Model is fine IMO, I suck at making textures though, so If you want to remake the texture, I'll be more than happy to give you all the files needed.

Also remember, that you won't see much of those details (or lack of them ;) ) in iso view :)

BTW - I'm gonna work on those magnums both when it comes to textures and the handle.

2nd BTW - This SMG looks really nice.

E:

Magnums.

They have 210 polys now. I think thats low enough. Textures are brighter as well... Maybe its not that noticable when it comes to stock magnum, but its a matter of render, not the texture.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:11:00 pm by TommyTheGun »