"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 12:22:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How much sp is enough for doctor and outdoorsman?  (Read 2507 times)

How much sp is enough for doctor and outdoorsman?
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:21:59 am »

I would like to know how much skill point will be enough for doctor to cure a crippled limb(eye damage and so on , not for weakened)? How about 80%or 70%?

Also I have 18% outdoorsman, but I never encounter a player in the map besides npcs, so if I increase outdoorsman to 40% , will it help?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: How much sp is enough for doctor and outdoorsman?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:00:28 am »

I think that Ranger increases chance to find other players, and I think Izual said this in the Questions and Answers: that 150% Outdoorsman is very good, and 200% outdoorsman is just about perfect. 100% is about average I think then.

For healing cripples, I think that 100% is pretty good for Doctor skill. Maybe more for a 95% chance of it working. I think that Luck (SPECIAL) contributed to it as well. Also, you can heal anything with a really low Doctor skill, but your chance of doing so are very low, but it isn't that you need a certain skill point to be able to do it.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 04:59:46 am »

You can try heal eye from 50% Doctor, but it is matter of luck more than skill then. 80-100 is enough to heal everything, almost always.

I have 155% Outdoorsman right now and I meet other players not very often. It happens, but very rare. I don't see a big difference between 130% Outdoorsman skill and 155% (after taking Survivallist perk, +25%) - speed on worldmap is similiar, chances for unwanted encounter aren't more or less, they still happen sometimes.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 05:01:56 am »

I'm pretty sure you only encounter people if they are already in an encounter and you are traveling over that area.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 09:01:04 am »

I have 100 outdoors on every build I've ever had and rarely do I get stuck in an encounter I didnt want.Travel speed on the map is faster since the last wipe so I move fast enough and I constantly get the option to drop in on other players if I choose.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 09:51:43 am »

I'm pretty sure you only encounter people if they are already in an encounter and you are traveling over that area.

Confirmed. You only meet people if you're dragged into existing encounter. Currently, encounters are not created for 2 groups that are passing by themselves on the worldmap.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 10:59:14 am »

Confirmed. You only meet people if you're dragged into existing encounter. Currently, encounters are not created for 2 groups that are passing by themselves on the worldmap.

if one dude is gathering for example i sometimes encounter him with my 18% character: >

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 11:26:14 am »

Moved to Game Help subforum, please stop posting all yoru questions in the General Game discussions.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 04:05:19 pm »

hmm.... Strange thing Scypior.

I had the feel to have been "intercepted" by a player while traveling a week ago.
It was like an encouter I cannot avoid.

Can the player already on map have the encounter choice or just the traveler, or is there a bug ?
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:05:57 pm »

Can the player already on map have the encounter choice or just the traveler, or is there a bug ?
He simply was standing there for gathering or something else, while you encounter him. If there're not any mobs, you can't see any message when map loaded. I mean, you usually see "You encountered: Marauders, Radscorpions and U_WILL_DIE", but if there is ONLY player, you simply appearing on the map and ... nothing, no messages or something. So, it means, there's player somewhere.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 03:13:07 pm »

For sure, there was no mobs.
The real question is : Can only the traveler have the "encounter choice" or the player on map (gathering or so) too ?

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 06:57:20 pm »

nope, if someone drops in on you, you only have 0.7 seconds to react to his entrance, in other words, you have to kill the potential pk before he is allowed control of his minigun/plamacaster

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 03:44:24 pm »

wouldn't it be great if a high ODM character can have some warning (in msg window) showing there are now many people and what are they welding

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 03:53:25 pm »

wouldn't it be great if a high ODM character can have some warning (in msg window) showing there are now many people and what are they welding
Lol, bad idea.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.