"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 09:43:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ask doctor how irradiated you are.  (Read 1148 times)

Ask doctor how irradiated you are.
« on: May 10, 2012, 07:09:18 pm »

Basically, as in the topic name. I'm aware that you can make an repair alt for getting a Geiger Counter from Mantis, but if the doctors can heal you from radiation sickness, aren't they also able to measure your dose?

Alternatively, adjust the cost formula for treatment from lvl*(cost) to lvl*(dose in rads)*(cost), so we can measure irradiation in caps.  ;)
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Re: Ask doctor how irradiated you are.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:58:41 pm »

Ah yes! Good idea. Or just remove level from the formula altogether so the cost is simply the number of rads. It might be 1700 caps if you're that radiated, or 700 if not so much.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 08:33:19 pm »

I'm aware that you can make an repair alt for getting a Geiger Counter from Mantis
Well, if nothing's changed, geiger counters don't work.
Generally very much in favor of anything that makes level of radiation a bit clearer, though.

Ah yes! Good idea. Or just remove level from the formula altogether so the cost is simply the number of rads. It might be 1700 caps if you're that radiated, or 700 if not so much.

Wouldn't exactly call that "not so much", at 700 your skin is falling off afaik.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:29:03 pm »

Very good suggestion, except the new formula for cost would need adjusting...

1000rads*15level* (and that's with a base cost of 1x, I believe currently it is 50x level?) is 15000 caps, way too much.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:20:21 am »

I suggested the new formula simply be the number of rads you have. 1200 caps to remove 1200 rads seems fair.

And yeah, i wish Geiger counters worked: http://www.youtube.comwatch?v=Wwb5UeWmSd0
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 10:18:23 am »

So devs, please fix Geiger counters and implement a dialog for doctors with auto-doc machines in their office to be able to measure the radiation levels... maybe for a fee. Nothing is free in the wastelands... and with a full featured auto-doc, it should be possible to measure radiation.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »

you can 'measure' it by how much your stats dropped
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 06:40:41 am »

Why would you want to suggest something that makes the game even more harsher? Besides, it's already 200 years since the War, so there won't be that much radiation, so i think the increase of difficulty is pointless. Nobody will ever travel between cities in fear that he gets irradiation.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 08:16:55 pm »

Why would you want to suggest something that makes the game even more harsher? Besides, it's already 200 years since the War, so there won't be that much radiation, so i think the increase of difficulty is pointless. Nobody will ever travel between cities in fear that he gets irradiation.

Excuse me, is this the topic you wanted to post in?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:21:37 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 17 queries.