"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 12:46:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: ARMA2 Dayz Mod(Undead MMO)  (Read 12768 times)

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
Re: ARMA2 Dayz Mod(Undead MMO)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 09:10:15 pm »

It's fun because it has open PvP and full loot just like fonline. You kill zombies only when you have to.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 11:08:42 pm »

im gonna get this soon
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 01:55:34 am »

Game is fun if you can ignore the weird glitched zombies that show up from time to time.

Only problem I found is that it's another FPS game, if I play 10 FPS games in a day at the end of the night I'll have the feeling that I played the same game all day.

Senrain

• The strong devour the weak.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 10:30:49 pm »

I've been playing nothing but DayZ, like... I actually quit FOnline for it. It's so addicting and HARSH.
Currently vacationing at Chernarus! Where the zombies are hungry, and everyone shoots you for beans!

http://dayzmod.com/

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 09:35:36 am »

Anyone here a regular visitor for NW Airfield? The barracks loot would be nice of course, but good weapons can be obtained from general military sources as well (DMR, Coyote Backpack, M9SD etc). Only (very) tempting thing obtainable from barracks would be of course, the Night Vision Goggles. Anyone found these babies already?

Post your gear as well, let's see who will mourn over their stuff the most!

-M16A2
-M9SD
-Backpack (Coyote)

Backpack is mostly full of blood / food / smoke grenades, latter ones tend to be lifesavers quite often.

“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 10:38:01 am »

We traveled to the radio tower with a group of 5 guys and hoped for a spawned jeep to have some military ammo.

Suddenly one of our guys spottes a ghillie suit guy lying in the grass but doesn't open fire as we aren't spotted yet. then hell breaks loose. one of our guys goes down, we kill 2 guys but no sight of the ghilie suit dude from before. we loot the bodies and find the jeep, partly repaired by that group we just killed it seamed. Filled with blood, meat, military weapons and ammo. On the bodies of the other group were some car parts, but it wasn't enought to repair the jeep to drive away with it. One of our guys was a kind of newbie and he had the coyote patrol bag, so i went back with him together to get him a czech pack from the corpses. Suddenly I see that ghilie suit dude lying right next to us, but still looking at the direction of the tower. AKM burst dealt with him.

Beside from ammo and supplies, we got AS50, AK's, a DMR and a Bizon from those guys and 2 NVGs - I am carrying one of those atm.

AKM with shitload of ammo
1911 colt
NVG
Alice pack
Bizon in pack for night hunting.

If you get NVGs we could do a bit of nightstalking together nexxos :)

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 10:51:28 am »

We traveled to the radio tower with a group of 5 guys and hoped for a spawned jeep to have some military ammo.

Suddenly one of our guys spottes a ghillie suit guy lying in the grass but doesn't open fire as we aren't spotted yet. then hell breaks loose. one of our guys goes down, we kill 2 guys but no sight of the ghilie suit dude from before. we loot the bodies and find the jeep, partly repaired by that group we just killed it seamed. Filled with blood, meat, military weapons and ammo. On the bodies of the other group were some car parts, but it wasn't enought to repair the jeep to drive away with it. One of our guys was a kind of newbie and he had the coyote patrol bag, so i went back with him together to get him a czech pack from the corpses. Suddenly I see that ghilie suit dude lying right next to us, but still looking at the direction of the tower. AKM burst dealt with him.

Beside from ammo and supplies, we got AS50, AK's, a DMR and a Bizon from those guys and 2 NVGs - I am carrying one of those atm.

AKM with shitload of ammo
1911 colt
NVG
Alice pack
Bizon in pack for night hunting.

If you get NVGs we could do a bit of nightstalking together nexxos :)

But NVG is a mere easy mode for stalking, a true stalker uses his perceiving skills to locate and pinpoint the target!

Bizon on the other hand sounds both interesting and uninteresting. While it is a wonderful weapon, the ammo just sounds annoying enough to be found, probably heli/barracks loot. AS50 is a monster, deadly accurate at insane distances. Biggest problem with it is probably the size of the gun, must be huge. That'll be the one giving away your location, although a good marksman would never let that happen. :)
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 02:34:59 pm »

looks awesome I'm getting this

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 06:25:57 pm »

But NVG is a mere easy mode for stalking, a true stalker uses his perceiving skills to locate and pinpoint the target!
Exactly!!
Back In-Game :D

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 07:34:25 pm »

I have this one backpack with 26 slots, M4A2 CCO, GPS, Map, etc. all this survival stuff and I think 4 or 5 Stanag mags for the rifle. Also 9mm SD pistol with 2 mags and enough food for a long while.

Haven't died since 3 or 4 weeks, I think. But then again, I am not really playing anymore, because the game got boring fast. I have everything I'd want and there is no target for me. The only reason for playing that would exist for me is to kill other players... but most of the time the server is lagging / warping so much, that aiming at anything further away than 100 meters is just wasted ammo.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 07:42:14 pm »

Im ARMA2 Dayz badass

Try to play FO2238 its hardcore game  ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:44:09 pm by manero »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »

I'm not a DayZ badass. The trick to survive is simple: Don't get seen by other players. Go up north, visit the North West Airfield, visit the military base at Novy Sobor, try not to go to Elektro / Cherno except in the very beginning when you have nothing to lose and after that hide in the forest. Don't walk on streets, don't follow power lines, before you visit any place, stalk it for at least 5 minutes to see if any player is around, etc. Go in crouch-mode all the time, except if you have to cross a big open field. In this case, you will run over it as fast as possible (players will spot you anyway, so the best is to get past it fast). If you are in cover again, change your walking direction for a while, so that a player who might have seen you can't follow you that easily.

If you go by these simple rules, you most likely won't die and you most likely will be bored of the game after a few weeks.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:01:19 pm by Lexx »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 08:49:10 pm »

I'm not a DayZ badass. The trick to survive is simple: Don't get seen by other players. Go up north, visit the North West Airfield, visit the military base at Novy Sobor, try not to go to Elektro / Cherno except in the very beginning when you have nothing to lose and after that hide in the forest. Don't walk on streets, don't follow power lines, before you visit any place, stalk it for at least 5 minutes to see if any player is around, etc. Go in crouch-mode all the time, except if you have to cross a big open field. In this case, you will run over it as fast as possible (players will spot you anyway, so the best is to get past it fast). If you are in cover again, change your walking direction for a while, so that a player who might have seen you can't follow you that easily.

If you go by these simple rules, you most likely won't die and you most likely will be bored of the game after a few weeks.
So basically constant stealth is the best way to survive.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 11:22:32 pm »

I think the reason dayz got boring for you is because you stealth around alone, Lexx.
The most fun I have is getting tactical with my squadmembers. I know we had a good day if we survive a firefight with another player group.
Of course you are playing the right way for a loner, but as a loner you are constantly avoiding confrontation which obviously gets boring pretty fast.

also, only dayz badass here is nexxos, he is top sniper of elektro.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 11:40:13 pm »

Always when I am out with someone else, one of us dies. So it is a lot more secure to go alone. It's just too annoying to do the same loot-runs again and again after death.

But even if I would walk around in a bigger group, there is nothing to do beside looting weapons and ammo. The pvp is meh because of server lags and players warping around all the time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.