"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 05:57:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More Junk in random maps  (Read 790 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
More Junk in random maps
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:41:47 pm »

I think it was Marko who mentioned this somewhere but I found no actual suggestion.

I think it would be good to have more Junk pieces appear in random "ruins" map. Why?

-> Go in, go out, go in, go out, go in, go out... it would feel a bit better to go in, stay some minutes, go out. The current system kinda breaks "immersion" and just feels weird and tedious.

-> You'll stay more time in the same encounter - more chances some drugged PvP ape finds you and kills the shit out of you. Current system doesn't show enough risk, in my opinion. Also you could meet fellow scavengers and err pee with them!

-> Less chances to find a FCC, which is supposed to be rare. Right now, with the new DIY bases, car wrecks are found more often.

Numbers? I don't know, but I don't see anything wrong with getting 20-30 Junk pieces in one map.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:43:30 pm by Eternauta »

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Re: More Junk in random maps
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:55:41 pm »

Yep, thank you! I have been saying this a lot this year. It started with the increased crafting requirements, all seem to need a lot more junk. So add more junk per find to keep things proportional. Not add more finds, just add more junk per find.

But now you've raised some more good points about this. It's not only a constant boring grind to go in/out of a hundred encs, but i found so many FCC by now, i can easily start a Cockroach dealership. Supposed to be rare - so your idea will slow down the FCC finding while boost the junk finding.

And colliding with other players more too, yes. All good points. Is it 1-10 junk now? Maybe make it 1-50 junk, so we find an average of 25 junk each time, when we find it.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 11:20:59 pm »

I don't see that care wrecks are found more often than pre-wipe. I think that part might just be placebo.

But I do agree with the Junk part, and I don't really even see why they reduce it this season to begin with. It just is more wasted time doing a repetitive task.

Though, having the chance of 50 junk in one encounter seems too high, responding to Marko's post.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 11:31:06 pm »

I don't see that care wrecks are found more often than pre-wipe. I think that part might just be placebo.

I might be wrong, but I've noticed many "wts fcc" posts lately. I have been scavenging Junk for a base these days and found around 10 car wrecks. Last session I often gathered Junk to craft BB's but right now I'm entering ruined maps even more often, and therefore finding wrecks more often.

Though, having the chance of 50 junk in one encounter seems too high, responding to Marko's post.

I don't see why, after all imo no number would be too high if you always leave the map and enter a new one for more.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:45:24 pm »

I personally do not believe they changed the frequency of junk at all. However, i do believe we (some of us) are spending a lot more time searching for junk than last year. This stands to reason as A) more junk is required for crafting than last year, and B) we can build our own bases, some of which require 6 hours of junk gathering.

So it thus also stands to reason that we're finding a lot more FCC than last year since we're spending more time in those types of encs.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 12:51:03 am »

I didn't say the changed the frequency of junk. Devs changed junk so that each "pile" only gave 1 piece of junk instead of 2 pieces of junk, effectively halving the amount of junk you can get in a certain time, which makes collecting junk twice as boring.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 23 queries.