"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 12:40:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Newbie Aid  (Read 887 times)

Newbie Aid
« on: May 11, 2012, 03:33:46 am »

Hello Guys I'm fairly new to Fonline and the forums as well and I've wanted your advice and tips for this game as well as a good Starting Character Build.

I'm looking to be specializing in Three Professions: Armorer, Gunsmith (Small Guns), Gunsmith (Big Guns).

Last, if anybody is willing to team up with me then I'll be great. Me and a couple of buddies are making a Faction and more people being part of it would be even better.

Thanks  ;)
Re: Newbie Aid
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:37:20 am »

The outdated Wiki might be worth a read:

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page

Tip: Wasteland is harsh, and you will die ALOT.

Advice: Be careful who you trust.
Everything must change.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 04:53:08 am »

I'm looking to be specializing in Three Professions: Armorer, Gunsmith (Small Guns), Gunsmith (Big Guns).
You need 100% Repair skill to get these professions. There is no more 3rd level, only 2nd one. Also no profession limit - so you can have them all on one character if you meet the requirements of course.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:53:48 am »

If you're starting out please note:
- take an even number of endurance points
- tagging outdoorsman is very usefull
- slaving is a good way to earn some caps
- use the character planner tool to see what you character will be like at lvl 24
- always check your follower list (on worldmap, the left side) after leaving a location. You never know who might be following you.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:45:27 pm »

Last, if anybody is willing to team up with me then I'll be great. Me and a couple of buddies are making a Faction and more people being part of it would be even better.

A great way to meet new people, but most likely you'll end up with some douchebags scamming you. Base rapers love these kinds of invites.

Enzo's tips are good, some additions:
- also take an even number of agility
- take at least 6 perception so you can take the awareness perk which is a must have for new players
- also use the Fallout Encounter Finder
- stranded ship quest is also a nice way to get caps and some other good stuff. You'll need 3 level 10 people for it. For getting the good stuff, you'll need a repair alt, a lockpicker and someone who can kill floaters and centaurs
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 01:07:07 pm »

stranded ship quest is also a nice way to get caps and some other good stuff. You'll need 3 level 10 people for it.

Only 2 people total is needed.

also take an even number of agility

Yes, unless you intend to use Nuka Cola.
Everything must change.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:22:22 pm »

Thanks for all your suggestion and tips. I'll follow all of your advice and use them for the best of my experience.

Thank you  :D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.