"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 19, 2024, 07:44:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Recruiting developers  (Read 7101 times)

Hects Hakal

• The Sarmatians
Recruiting developers
« on: April 29, 2012, 04:54:07 pm »

Hi i want to make a server of Fonline. i have a picture how it should look like etc but my coding skills are low/none- if someone want to help me post here or send me a PM. 

Gob

• The Good
Re: Recruiting developers
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 05:43:01 pm »

What can you do then? You can't expect people to do everything for you.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 06:25:17 pm »

Besides that is a new server really the best thing for the whole of the fonline community?

Disperse the population EVEN more?  Assuming it is successful.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Hects Hakal

• The Sarmatians
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:39:42 pm »

I am willing to learn Gob. as for the parting community thing-most people dont play and its because they dont have a good server-i wish to change that
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:03:01 pm »

If you want to compete with other fonline servers you have to offer something others don't.

And btw being the "i have ideas for stuff and feel like i know how stuff should be made" will make people just not even bother, you need to be good at something like coding modeling w/e
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:48:05 am by cannotspace »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:03:43 pm »

i have a picture how it should look like

This tells absolutely nothing about the project, you know... :-\

EDIT: bah, 40s too late
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 09:10:13 pm »

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but go learn to do something first then come back and put togheter a team. Start with mapping, it's fun and is easy.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 09:16:36 pm »

Disperse the population EVEN more?  Assuming it is successful.

They don't understand that and even if they understand it , they just don't care. I must say , stupidity at it's finest. So whenever i see a new server being advertised here as something big , i just want to vomit in someones face. Though i'm not saying nobody should develop anything new , but be smart about how it's presented.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 05:45:49 am »

If you had perma death option on your server I would support you in almost anyway besides financial possible.

also I know a guy who knows a guy that knows a gal who heard from a little birdie that...
power

Hects Hakal

• The Sarmatians
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 03:23:34 pm »

I must admit that i should learn first-thank you Gob for the mapping advice. And T888 Jerk as everytime-please feel free not to post in my topics
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 03:36:07 pm »

If you had perma death option on your server I would support you in almost anyway besides financial possible.
I wanted to remake Fallout1 in FOnline for co-operation mod MMO-like (anyone can join at any time) with perma death :D
Completed game - wipe. Died - character deleted. And some important NPCs will be played by players (admins).
But even if I'll make anything (I think my not-so-high-but-still-skills are enough for this, as I was playing with SDK a lot), there's really huge problem: host.
I'm not going to spend money on host, and no one will.

So, if you want to start server, Hects Hakal, the first thing you must think about is "how you will host it".
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 05:35:13 pm »

I wanted to remake Fallout1 in FOnline for co-operation mod MMO-like (anyone can join at any time) with perma death :D
Completed game - wipe. Died - character deleted. And some important NPCs will be played by players (admins).
But even if I'll make anything (I think my not-so-high-but-still-skills are enough for this, as I was playing with SDK a lot), there's really huge problem: host.

So, if you want to start server, Hects Hakal, the first thing you must think about is "how you will host it".
by used and abused pc at ebay, install there pirated( :D ) windows server 97 or later and enjoy :D

Let the Force be with You.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 02:49:57 am »

How would one go about making a co-op experience for Fallout 1 and 2? Like playing over LAN and such. No server admins, just a couple of friends.
power

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 06:35:15 am »

I think that's engine related, and would be a bit hard to do.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 24 queries.