"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 05:20:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Optimizing the power house  (Read 1008 times)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Optimizing the power house
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:50:55 am »

Can anyone tell me what the science req is for optimizing the junktown generators?

The wiki says the only requirement is 100 repair but nothing about science...

Also, since I started the quest with only about 40 science, am I now on the clock to get it done? i.e. will I fail the quest if I don't get my science high enough to finish it in time?

thanks!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
Re: Optimizing the power house
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:59:13 am »

You can use 3 electronic parts I think to repair it
Back In-Game :D

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 02:08:38 am »

yea, thats for the repairing part. after that you are meant to optimize them as well...

I just found out that the req for optimization is 100 on science (it was posted in bugs)

But since I don't have that, my question about failure still stands... is there a time limit?

btw, it should probably mention this req on the wiki along side the repair req. I would add it myself but I have no idea how to do that...

thanks in advance to anyone who makes that happen!

Megido11

• ARWH
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 03:43:45 am »

Ive done this quest several times with low repair and science and with to electronic parts just gotta keep spamming your repair/science skill on the generator and hope that you will fix/optimize it
:V All day erry day

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 03:57:42 am »

I just did the Repair portion of this with Repair skill 30% (plus a super toolkit in Slot 2). I was only able to do this with such low Repair skill because i used the e-parts as the quest intends.

Now for the Optimizing...i failed enough times using Science that i have a 30 minute cooldown (again). It says i'm too tired to make "repairs" and shows my Repair timer is suddenly at 30 minutes. Why a Repair timer when i was using Science, and not Repair? Not sure. This is 2nd time i have to wait 30 minutes on the Optimizing with this char, and his Science is 50.

Update: i got all 3 gens optimized using Science on third run. As for this being a timed quest, i have no idea about that. I don't want to test this since i'm picky about all my guys completing quests.

PS: i got stuck in JT overnight again doing this! Argh!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 04:34:47 am by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:22:20 pm »

if you have 4 lvl, low speech and low barter + low ch - reward 1k, but you also dont need any repair/science skill.
there is scheme with which you need to repair generators ( 2nd 1st 3rd ) for example.

first - repair then optimization, as i remember.
with 125speech 150 barter and support perks i was able to get 3k caps and good rep with jt.

Let the Force be with You.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 23 queries.