Author Topic: Cards  (Read 7957 times)

Cards
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:38:00 pm »
I'm not sure if the 3D development wiki is outdated but looking through it I found this:

It looks to me like the box really says "cards" on the bottom in the original:

The rest is kind of unrecognizable so I suggest to create a new texture for cards that isn't based of of the original

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:27:00 pm »
You've just got to be trolling. :-\
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 06:07:30 pm »
It doesn't matter. The 3d model will got so little pixels, that won't be visible anyway. Yeah i was disappointed as well, but those are the facts.

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 02:40:57 am »
What about the zoom function then?

No I'm not trolling, it actually bothers me. Mostly that someone was so ignorant not to see what the box really says and just wrote random hieroglyphs.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:04:04 am »
I always thought it was hog cards, and I brought it up when that texture was made too. In game it will be unreadable so it doesn't matter so much.

20:49:58 • You encounter: Ghoul crazies.
20:50:01 • You were critically hit in the head for 55 hit points, knocked out and had your armor bypassed.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 04:34:19 pm »
What about the zoom function then?
This pictures shows zoomed even more than regular in-game 400%. Does it really look like anyone will be ever able to read it? Just imagine those cards in the place of the spear.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline NastyKhan

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:27:29 pm »
I'm afraid harry's right. What an irony.. i was trying so hard to make items like buffout looks perfect, but the truth is they WON'T be visible at all! Zoom function? Maybe, but don't forget about pixelization filters.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 10:29:30 pm »
i was trying so hard to make items like buffout looks perfect, but the truth is they WON'T be visible at all!
Don't worry. If you are new to 3D modeling it's a great practice.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 10:53:29 pm »
There's also the pride in knowing that deep down in the files somewhere, it looks awesome.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 11:10:58 pm »
Some day someone willing to mod items will open up the current ones and see all the madness we have done. ;D

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 11:24:59 pm »
Good point, Harald. There's all that blank space around the textures too (at least on some of my inefficient UV maps). You could do / write anything in those gaps, for future amusement :)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 10:44:23 am »
I always thought it was hog cards, and I brought it up when that texture was made too. In game it will be unreadable so it doesn't matter so much.

That's funny, that no matter how hard I tried to recognize what's written on these cards, I've never realized that its name is "hog cards". Now, when you said that, it's pretty clear to me, and I feel ashamed  :P So, if anyone wants to fix this texture - feel free to do so.

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 05:59:26 pm »
Couldn't recreate the hog in the image so I tried something like this.

The hog may look similar for some I think I seen something like this on an advert but can't think where the idea came to draw it like this, in any case I think the right one looks better even if it looks way diff then the original sprite.

Offline NastyKhan

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 08:49:52 pm »
Just click here:
http://screenshooter.net/0805776/iaygjig

In poland we have meat producer called "Prosiaczek" (Piggy) ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:58:05 pm by NastyKhan »

Offline Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 11:21:37 pm »
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Deck_of_Cards

Thanks, now Hog Cards has a better wiki page!
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.