"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 17, 2024, 08:52:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Secret update  (Read 4010 times)

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
Re: Secret update
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 06:33:03 am »

You're right. My bad.

But I just got hit with LSW for 350 hp in 100/100 metal armor and mask mkII with man of steel from like 20 hexes
Does that sound overpowered to you?

Well, no.  By the definition used by the playerbase, Big Guns can't be overpowered.  Ever.  No matter what.

It's only weapons/tactics that can kill Big Gun Tanks that are overpowered, remember?

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 08:19:48 am »

Well, no.  By the definition used by the playerbase, Big Guns can't be overpowered.  Ever.  No matter what.

It's only weapons/tactics that can kill Big Gun Tanks that are overpowered, remember?
Make yourself such BG tank, I can even ask wise men to share some recipes. Then smash, rape and pillage for glory and lulz. It's unstoppable killing machine anyway, isn't it?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 10:52:13 am »

one sentence

2238 logic :)

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 10:53:00 am »

It's unstoppable killing machine anyway, isn't it?
Till it's got nerfed.

avv

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17:44 am »

Still pretty ridiculous nonetheless.  Not like they need such damage with SD...

It only deals big damage on jacket/bluesuit or with SD. Trouble is that even if you can do 3ap throws, the animation delay slows down the damage output. Like it does with fast shotting.

Non-sd sneak grenadiers or non-sneak grenadiers aren't particularly amazing.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 11:24:00 am »

and what will you tell me if i was melted in tesla for 390 crit ?:D i was in fucking tesla and i got melted (180-300) with single grenade.

avv

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 11:39:45 am »

and what will you tell me if i was melted in tesla for 390 crit ?:D i was in fucking tesla and i got melted (180-300) with single grenade.

That's a crit and it's common knowledge that crits don't care about what armor you're wearing. Get a bad roll and you're dead.

You can have all anti crit perks and best armor vs incoming dmg type and still receive total fuckover crits.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 12:42:11 pm »

Or just shitty build/armor/unluck Nothing more
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 02:15:30 pm »

That's a crit and it's common knowledge that crits don't care about what armor you're wearing. Get a bad roll and you're dead.

Roll isn't the major factor why critical hits do so much damage with SD , but bypasses. 1 luck equals to 70% chance to be bypassed and of course when you die by a critical hit that's supposed to be a bypass and it is , it just is shown as a normal critical hit in log. In the end it doesn't matter much what roll , if you get bypassed it's GG.

Or just shitty build/armor/unluck Nothing more

Build if you have low luck , armor if you aren't at least wearing MA Mk2 ( 1/4 less damage is at least something ) and to be unlucky is when odds just doesn't favor you depending on the current chance to be bypassed. :)

You can have all anti crit perks and best armor vs incoming dmg type and still receive total fuckover crits.

Incorrect , 10 luck - 0% chance to be bypassed from shots in torso , that includes SD too. ( Solar provided chart )

8-10 luck CA with at least 150+ HP and you pretty much survive each critical SD plasma nade hit , with tesla and same amount of luck you can't be taken down even with 3 grenades.

So a plasma tank build with 10 luck , 250+hp and CA is just a hard counter for them.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:29:49 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 02:26:26 pm »

About  the secret update, maybe it happened , for example they fixed the glow exploit (Multiplicates avengers etc when lag).
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 02:28:32 pm »

There was no update in the last days.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 06:01:43 pm »

About  the secret update, maybe it happened , for example they fixed the glow exploit (Multiplicates avengers etc when lag).

There is no point or sense in any kind of "secret updates" - if you sacrifice few seconds to think about it. Stuff got fixed all the time and it *may* happen that some very minor things aren't mentioned... Things like crit table changes aren't minor. Changes in that area are always in log, i see this thread as nothing more than "OMG i've been keeled/OMG me cannot keel in one click!1"
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 06:10:29 am »

sd + spray and pray = automatic ignoring of armour crit mods, don't need a real bypass

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 06:26:32 pm »

Spray and pray ignores only critical chance modifier , ignores the amount of critical chance the armor decreases for you. It has nothing to do with bypasses or roll.
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 09:05:33 pm »

Spray and pray ignores only critical chance modifier , ignores the amount of critical chance the armor decreases for you. It has nothing to do with bypasses or roll.

says crit modifiers, armour modifies chance to crit and crit table roll. It's vaguely worded you have any proof it doesn't remove the armour crit roll reduction?

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.