"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 09:52:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Jumping into the 3d era  (Read 89734 times)

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
Re: Jumping into the 3d era
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2010, 12:45:48 am »

haha, the new tent robbing. After you'v killed the owner and robbed the place leave a sweet nice little note for him.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2010, 12:53:43 am »

I hope it will be able to read them on the hand, not downloading it to the pipboy/or a delete-message function in the pipboy.
Else it would soon turn out to a spamfest.  :-\

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2010, 12:59:13 am »

These notes should be:

1. One person picks it up, it is gone. They shouldn't be able to be stored because that would probably just cause lag? Screenshot it if you want to keep it. They can read it once and that is it.
2. They shouldn't be that cheap so that there isn't a lot of spam.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2010, 12:59:49 am »

Smalltext.

That's from Resident Evil, huh? Always wondered how the guy was still able to write.
Anyway, special thanks for the holodiscs, Lexx.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2010, 01:59:28 am »

Also, people should leave mysterious notes in abandoned places or places that are hard to get to. Creepy notes.

Like this one that I shrunk to save space:

May 9, 1988

Played poker tonight with Scott and Alias from Security, and Steve from Research. Steve was the big winner, but I think he was cheating. That scumbag.

May 10, 1998

One of the higher-ups assigned me to take care of a new creature. It looks like a skinned gorilla to me. I was instructed to feed it live animals.

When I threw in a pig, the creature seemed to play with it – tearing off the pig’s legs and pulling out the guts before it actually started eating.

May 11, 1998

At around 5 A.M., Scott woke me up. Scared the shit out of me, too. He was wearing a protective suit. He handed me another one and told me to put it on. Said there’d been an accident in the basement lab. I just knew something like this would happen. Those bastards in Research never sleep, not even on holidays, so it was only a matter of time before one of them slipped up.

May 12, 1998

I’ve been wearing this damn space suit since yesterday. My skin’s getting grimy and feels itchy all over. The goddamn dogs have been looking at me funny, so I decided not to feed them today. Screw ‘em.

May 13, 1998

Went to the Infirmary because my back is all swollen and feels itchy. They put a big bandage on it and told me I didn’t need to wear the suit anymore. All I wanna do is sleep.

May 14, 1998

Found a big blister on my foot this morning. I ended up dragging my foot all the way to the dogs’ pen. They were quiet all day, which is weird. Then I realized some of them had escaped. Maybe this is their way of getting back at me for not feeding them the last three days. If anybody finds out, I’ll have my head handed to me.

May 16, 1998

A rumour is going around that a researcher who tried to escape the estate last night was shot. My entire body feels hot and itchy and I’m sweating all the time now. I scratched the swelling on my arm and a piece of rotten flesh just dropped off. What the hell’s happening to me?

May 19, 1998

Fever gone but itchy. Today hungry and eat doggie food.

May 21, 1998

Itchy itchy Scott came ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

4 / /

Itchy. Tasty.

Is that you, Jill? Where is Wesker? ;D

Anyway, I love this idea. It's going to make the gameworld feel so much more alive. If only there were mines included too... it could really put some meaning behind the words!
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2010, 07:54:11 am »

so what happened now im not seeing any npc's or 3dmodels in game
all over radiation
Just play hello kitty online!
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2010, 08:38:13 am »

so what happened now im not seeing any npc's or 3dmodels in game
all over radiation
Maybe this will later with update after wipe ;D

TuX

« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2010, 08:41:08 am »

Hell, the possibility of making your own holodisks is the shit. It opens up a whole new level for RP and player given quest, like someone gives you a holo and tels you to bring it to VC for a reward. Nice job.
« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2010, 09:13:22 am »

These notes should be:

1. One person picks it up, it is gone. They shouldn't be able to be stored because that would probably just cause lag? Screenshot it if you want to keep it. They can read it once and that is it.
2. They shouldn't be that cheap so that there isn't a lot of spam.

Emperor's teeth, man, it's bloody TEXT. You can store all the messages the players are gonna type in 10 years in a couple of Megabytes of disc-space, serverside.
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, NUGGET?

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #279 on: March 25, 2010, 09:15:35 am »

Is that you, Jill? Where is Wesker? ;D

Anyway, I love this idea. It's going to make the gameworld feel so much more alive. If only there were mines included too... it could really put some meaning behind the words!

I like this idea too. They are like PDAs in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. Might be some easter eggs in hidden places too, like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC there was a dead guy and when you picked up his PDA it said he is Gordon Freeman (main role in Half-Life).
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #280 on: March 25, 2010, 11:15:19 am »

that feature opens a lot of new possibilities for role-players, i like it. To me, holodisks should be easy to get, so that everyone can use them!

Blubber we miss You!!!

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »

(...) To me, holodisks should be easy to get, so that everyone can use them!

They are easy to get - ofc if you have few caps :)
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Iron Tagar

• LMAO 2BRAHMIN
« Reply #282 on: March 25, 2010, 01:03:30 pm »

They are easy to get - ofc if you have few caps :)
Cool, sounds like everybody will at least be able to get a couple.
BR? gibe moni please
i repot u
HUEHUEUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEUEHUEHUEHUE
« Reply #283 on: March 25, 2010, 01:16:30 pm »

You know that you are doing something right as a developer when you have so many people desperatly crying for a wipe to play a 12 year old game :)
with that said, wiiiipe pleqaaase! half joking  ;D Im kinda new here and recently found out about fonline I just wanted to say its so awesome!
By the way, I thought about one thing, wouldt it be cool if you could have an option to sign those holodecks in a way, like hash or tripcode, just incase you wanted it signed. Eitherway, holodecks seemslike a cool RP feature, looking forward to all the updates!

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2010, 02:13:32 pm »

its not a 12 year old game, fallout is a 12 year old game. I don't know exactly how old fonline is but they are two seperate ganes since they don't even share the same game engine ;)
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 22 queries.