"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 04:42:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Jumping into the 3d era  (Read 93450 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Jumping into the 3d era
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2010, 12:16:57 pm »

I just hope that bluesuits will be the default option and not topless people in their underwear...

Solar said, that biggest chance is for vault city citizens to be as blue suits others probably wont be blue :>

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2010, 12:35:33 pm »

Why'd they put a topless model in the first place anyway?

Maybe that was after they realised that VB was about to be canceled, and decided to flip one at The End and the american prudence by modeling some showdown titties.
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2010, 01:30:52 pm »

Actually I guess some "casual" clothing will be default. Textures can be made to provide some customisation. Bluesuits should not be default by any means, mainly because we are not vault dwellers in 2238, it's just that it has all needed animations.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2010, 01:59:44 pm »

Maybe that was after they realised that VB was about to be canceled, and decided to flip one at The End and the american prudence by modeling some showdown titties.

The tech demo is in a very eraly state of development. The game was canned much later.

avv

« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2010, 02:51:42 pm »

Sorry for possible repost, but will it be possible to have crouching and prone stances included some day?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2010, 03:04:44 pm »

Most likely not in FOnline: 2238.
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2010, 03:40:40 pm »

Most likely not in FOnline: 2238.

Thats very sad :(

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2010, 04:12:48 pm »

no that is very great but still that has nothing to do with 3d anyway.

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2010, 05:24:34 pm »

It has, because it's hard job to make 2D sprites based on already used in Fallout1/2 and make them crouch than make a bone based 3D animation with current models :P . Anyway it could add more strategy to the battlefield but it means total camping issues with snipers.
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2010, 05:27:19 pm »

I don't see why they only took half of the fallout tactics rt system, we should have auto attack and different stances.

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2010, 06:26:39 pm »

I don't see why they only took half of the fallout tactics rt system, we should have auto attack and different stances.

NO! bad boy! do NOT implement autoattack, seriously that would be the worst thing to implement. Hello campers never needing to watch screen ever again.

I don't hold any grudges against prone/crouch, but they need balancing like crouch = better aim but you are walking slow, enemies can get headshots/eyeshots on you easier. Prone = very good aim but you are slow as hell and vournable when standing up //crouching - proning = people can hit you easier, a small penalty for camping yourself but the one proning/crouching can maybe get -1 ap on guns.

BUT I know implementing shit like that would probably give the devs a BUNCH of new problems and it would take lost of time better spent on implementing the basic 3d stuff and then do bugproblems, why add more problems to the ones you already got.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 06:38:57 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS
« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2010, 07:20:20 pm »

If you've ever played tactics multiplayer you'd know it works just fine. Considering lag can be anywhere form a 2-5 second delay between the two players it's not like "clicking first" is really a good system.

I must agree on this one. F:Tactics in multiplayer is really fun and it's more unique experience than normal fonline combat. The only flaw of tactics combat system was probably lack of balance in weapons/armor.
I'm sure it is possible to implement these changes into Cvet's work.

BUT... I can't see it happening on 2238. Why? Because we don't have floor levels like in tactics. We don't have crouch/prone mechanics, autoshoot, objects which gives protection only for crouched etc. I bet that it would take about half year more to implement all of these things (Can you imagine it with fallout1&2 enviroment? I can't)
Maybe some people will create another "tactics related" project based on server application after its release.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2010, 09:43:12 pm »

To create such cooperative environment needs a lot of work, mapping, texturing, scripting, maybe some day we will see FOnline in another era? Tactic era?

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2010, 09:56:14 pm »

The wipe will not happen before sunday evening. This also doesn't mean that the wipe will be on sunday evening. What I can say is, that it will not need another week.

Kryptozoolog

• First ask ME and than ill shoot YOU
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2010, 10:08:46 pm »

Thanks all devs ill be looking forward
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 21 queries.