"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 05:30:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Not sure how to make my character...  (Read 1509 times)

Not sure how to make my character...
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:37:33 am »

I want a fighter character, preferably a PVE but wouldn't mind something that can protect me from PKs during encounters.

It's been so long since i played this game tough, I barely remember anything useful.

I don't mind if it's an expensive build, I'm patient enough to get money, only thing I usually avoid using are drugs since they're hard to find at the beginning.

I'm not really sure what's good nowadays, I used to have a BG character but right now I'm currently thinking about either a EW or SM... I always found the weapon selection for BG too limited, it's always LSW and Rocket Launcher...

So yeah... Any build mainly for PVE and basic PVP encounters will do, I don't really remember much from the game to be honest.

Weapon preference doesn't matter, easy to find drugs like nuka or cigs doesn't matter much either, I appreciate any build suggestion to help me make a character.

Thank you for your time.
Re: Not sure how to make my character...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 11:22:20 am »

it's always LSW and Rocket Launcher...

Not anymore. Mini builds are common this time.

Well, i suggest you really tough char, to start this session. Its really hard to kill, cause of max health (10end + 3x lifegivers), adrenaline rush on 3rd lvl, toughness on 6th and even tougher on 9th. It uses grease gun (easy to farm from elronologists, such as ammo ((but ammo u can easily craft). Has 10aps (10AG) one More Ranged Damage. So its like that:

ST 5
PE 7
END 10
CH 1
INT 5
AG 10
LK 1

SG: 201% (just for more ranged damage req)
FA: 166%
DOC: 104%

awareness (its support perk, not pickable), adrenaline rush, toughness, even tougher, lifegiver (3), bonus rate of fire, MRD

This char has really great DMG resistance, and high health, spo you can use RT mode, and just run and hex NPCs in encounters like: mercenaries, press gang, elronologists etc. Simply, tank everything, run and hex and loot. After fight use FA and youre ready for next enc.
Decent DOC, gives you chances when crippler enter your encounter.
Its really cheap build, because the only thing you need is metal armor and metal mask (easy to farm anyway) and grease guns + ammo.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »

ST 5
PE 7
END 10
CH 1
INT 5
AG 10
LK 1

SG: 201% (just for more ranged damage req)
FA: 166%
DOC: 104%

awareness (its support perk, not pickable), adrenaline rush, toughness, even tougher, lifegiver (3), bonus rate of fire, MRD
What about traits?

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:24:04 pm »

instead of doc take outdoorsman
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »

bonehead and bloody mess (just for fun:) ).
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 11:53:01 pm »

You missed out a SPECIAL point.
Also another support trait for this build (might need some mentats for dialogue)
Dead man walking at 50 doc  - Requires 5 Intelligence.

Also if you take small frame perk you can put an extra point in intelligence but don't forget the reduced carry weight and then you can take an extra support perk. 
This special point boost to intelligence gives an extra 46 skill points.
Faster healing at 75 doc - Requires 6 Intelligence. 
Or you could put it in Perception/Charisma/Strength.

Also Bonehead reduces intelligence by 1.

But if you take bonehead and small frame and put the extra point into Intelligence to make it 6 then you don't lose any skill points.

If you do this you can;
Boost FA to 175% for 103 sec cooldown.
Boost Doc to 125% for 145 sec cooldown
And boost Small guns to 203%
With;

Traits: Small Frame, Bonehead.
S-5
P-7
E-10
C-1
I-6
A-10
L-1
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:26:48 am by ThePhoenix77 »

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 02:07:17 am »

Does that build work well with any SG or you mentioned the grease gun because it's the only thing that works with it?

Also... Is an EW character hard to farm stuff for? Such as laser pistols, plasma rifles and ammo for both?

I've been thinking about EW... Ammo is hard to find for me but it would probably pay off after I get a few levels killing molerats with a laser pistol... I think.

instead of doc take outdoorsman

Yeah I forgot to mention how much i love outdoorsman...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:09:10 am by lucas. »
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 03:24:24 am »

ST: 6
PE: 7
EN: 6
CH: 1
IN: 5
AG: 10
LK: 6

Traits: Small Frame and Good Natured (In case I need to carry someone).

Stats:

EW: 200%
FA: 126%
OT: 150%

Perks: More critical, Even more critical, Sharpshooter, Lifegiver, Action Boy (2), Lifegiver+ and bonus rate of fire.

What about this one?

I know it's probably flawed somewhere, I'm kinda worried about no perks helping with armor class but I guess this is the closest thing to what I'm looking for.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 03:44:21 am »

no no no
you'r doing it wrong
it has to be either a sniper or burster while you totally mixed them together

if all you mean is pistoler then no need for sharpshooter ,take instead better criticals and right between the eyes
lower perception inteligence and strength and go for 10 luck - that would make a pistoler criticaler

good nature will not enable you to cary anyone iirc
armor class perks are useless
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:46:06 am by maciek83 »
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 03:53:13 am »

thanks for adding erroneous information about "good natured" :)
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 03:56:45 am »

no no no
you'r doing it wrong
it has to be either a sniper or burster while you totally mixed them together

if all you mean is pistoler then no need for sharpshooter ,take instead better criticals and right between the eyes
lower perception inteligence and strength and go for 10 luck - that would make a pistoler criticaler

good nature will not enable you to cary anyone iirc
armor class perks are useless

Character planner had the description that good natured gave more party points for companions... Oh well...

Also... Are you sure this build would give me trouble in PVE? I don't care much for PVP.
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 09:57:06 am »

Character planner had the description that good natured gave more party points for companions... Oh well...

Also... Are you sure this build would give me trouble in PVE? I don't care much for PVP.

Good natured does give you more party points, in the same way adding to your speech skill does. But the amount of people you can lead on the World-map is restricted by the amount of Charisma you have.
You don't need party points to carry other players, only Charisma (1 charisma for only yourself, 2 charisma to carry 1 player).

Party points are used to carry mercs, companions, dogs.
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 10:49:44 am »

sg bruster (for pvp and pve)
5/8/10/1/5/10/1
small frame/ bone head 10ap
sg - 211
doc - 121
out - 140
support perks :
awarnes, ranger, dead man walking, gecko skinning, sneakerater, cautious nature
3 - adrenaline rush
6 - toughnes
9 - brd
12 - lg
15 - lg
18 - brof
21 - mbrd
24 - brd

good to use assault, fn fal and all sg. you can use drugs on him so you would have 12ap and 7pe
this build is good for non expensive weapons and quite good firepower in short - medium range. good for begginers
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:55:00 am by Panda Soldier »
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 12:03:08 pm »

sg bruster (for pvp and pve)
5/8/10/1/5/10/1
small frame/ bone head 10ap
sg - 211
doc - 121
out - 140
support perks :
awarnes, ranger, dead man walking, gecko skinning, sneakerater, cautious nature
3 - adrenaline rush
6 - toughnes
9 - brd
12 - lg
15 - lg
18 - brof
21 - mbrd
24 - brd

good to use assault, fn fal and all sg. you can use drugs on him so you would have 12ap and 7pe
this build is good for non expensive weapons and quite good firepower in short - medium range. good for begginers

you cant compete in pvp without even tougher. You gonna be cut by bg bursts. switch one BRD for even tougher and youre good. But 211SG is wasted SP - 200 will be really enough with hig PE.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.