"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 03:23:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What is the point...  (Read 9371 times)

serious clown

• 2238 Serious business.
Re: What is the point...
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 06:16:01 am »

What was the point of KEEPING it again? Oh yeah, easy effortless farming.
And that is a bad thing because? Its not about easy effortless farming its about waiting 10-20 minutes looking at red dots going across the screen until you find one encounter. Unity is not "easy and effortless" you need a decent character to farm them. I do not understand this community's thinking that having alot of stuff is a bad thing? In a game where you die alot and lose gear it seems kind of logical to have a stock pile of stuff?

Its not like unity has anything that is OP mini guns and rocket launchers? We have to wait 10-20 minutes trying to find ancounter? Its actually easier and faster to obtain avengers than it is mini guns. Also farming avengers you find an encounter every minute as opposed to 10 minutes.

Also speaking of unity what is the point of removing AP rockets from them?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:19:45 am by serious clown »

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 06:23:52 am »

If it isn't "legit" people will just scout with proxies and we all know that. Might as well leave it free for everyone.
Because 300 or 100, people will find a way to farm them (cough criple and crit burst cough)
Different stats?

Oh god, where to start, I thought my nap would be complete without some total tool defending obviously bad game design elements....
Well here goes, time to take the children to school...

Fastrelog, well it was a problem that some people abused in the past, so our solution was to incorporate the abuse as a routine feature this session?  Uh ok, problem solved?  This is akin to acknowledging that some people rape but since you can't 100% stop that, just hand out tubes of Vaseline.

Rangers, OMG becky so your telling me some people will cripple and crit burst them?  Yeah, I can see how this is a tremendous problem exploited every day except if you want fns and 14mms uh, why not farm raiders?

Different stats on wearing helmets?  I don't think this is a worthy argument deserving a rebuttal.

Farming Unity vs Rogues, is still possible and wasn't removed, now you just have to roll back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.... If that was a solution to effortless farming then congratulations.

There I feel smug and full of self esteem, your turn.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Crab_people

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 09:28:32 am »

whait is the point big armors durability penalty after death?
PAPER ARMORS :D for toilet control!!

serious clown

• 2238 Serious business.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 10:31:09 am »

What is point in argueing and making threads like this anyways? When the most likely response we well get is...

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 02:19:37 pm »

Unity is not "easy and effortless" you need a decent character to farm them.
ahahahahahahahahhaa, if entering a VS encounter, waiting for them to kill each other and then loot with your "strategically very well planned" isn't easy, then what is? The rest of the game must be REALLY hard for you..

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 03:25:22 pm »

what's the point in keeping guns beside pipe rifle in this game? easy, effortless farming.
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 03:56:31 pm »

what's the point in keeping guns beside pipe rifle in this game? easy, effortless farming.

making your point 101

That's not even related  :D
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 04:19:06 pm »

Fastrelog, well it was a problem that some people abused in the past, so our solution was to incorporate the abuse as a routine feature this session?  Uh ok, problem solved?  This is akin to acknowledging that some people rape but since you can't 100% stop that, just hand out tubes of Vaseline.

Ha ha ;D , very well said.

Unfortunately players still ignore good points and arguments about this feature that should be limited in order to establish some kind of sensible game play for ... , yes i will say it again - majority of players. Small unknown cells of players that supposedly would abuse and bypass the timer if it's reimplemented shouldn't be a reason to not set the timer again , nor they would spoil the game for me and others alike at least certainly not on a regular basis , as it was possible to observe that previous season. The most important reason to not force everyone else to legitimate cheating , that just purely dis-balance normal game play and encourages alting witch was fought against by developers for a long time , now suddenly everything is upside down.

Timer last session wasn't perfect but it just needed to be improved upon not removed , now that this feature has been relaxed to the maximum , players come up with quite ridiculous stuff to defend it no matter what's said. It's like unlimited candy has been given to some kids , now try to convince them that they shouldn't eat candy too much , because it's bad. :)

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 06:28:25 pm »

t-888 i bet your sorry hypocritical ass that if the timer goes away you will still quick-relog.

TKs-KaBoom

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 10:19:35 pm »

ahahahahahahahahhaa, if entering a VS encounter, waiting for them to kill each other and then loot with your "strategically very well planned" isn't easy, then what is? The rest of the game must be REALLY hard for you..

LOL, Well you have obviously NEVER farmed unity in any serious manner.  Your statement of running in there as a scavenger in realtime and watching the rogues kick the shit out of the Unity so that you can pick up all the Rocket launchers, minis, assault rifles and Lasers is the most asinine bullshit I have heard in a week, congratulations you just received the Fucktard of the week badge!  Please play again.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 12:13:45 am »

t-888 i bet your sorry hypocritical ass that if the timer goes away you will still quick-relog.

I think you meant if the timer is reimplemented not " goes away "  , next time you start insulting me i advise you to learn proper english , comprehend what are you reading and writing , as well to not reply my posts if your so biased to me like many other " animals " here on forum. I still wonder how i have some decency and patience to reply to this garbage in a sensible manner , whatever so ...

i fast relogged last season , but then those were still 3 minutes. Never had the idea to bypass the whole timer entirely just like now there's none at all. He calls me a hypocrite , unbelievable.

31:20 , 30:20 NCR Caravans vs Unity patrol , enjoy.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:21:53 am by T-888 »
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 12:45:37 am »

LOL, Well you have obviously NEVER farmed unity in any serious manner.  Your statement of running in there as a scavenger in realtime and watching the rogues kick the shit out of the Unity so that you can pick up all the Rocket launchers, minis, assault rifles and Lasers is the most asinine bullshit I have heard in a week, congratulations you just received the Fucktard of the week badge!  Please play again.

trying to make dumb stuff look so elaborated and complex, cute

TKs-KaBoom

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 12:48:48 am »

Farm enclave vs pigrats and pick up avengers, gatlings and plasma rifles then?  Should work, right?  I hope I'm not being too elaborate and complex for you :)  and I think everyone knows who the dumb shit is.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:51:44 am by TKs-KaBoom »

serious clown

• 2238 Serious business.
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 12:59:48 am »

And where exactly did I write that I go into unity encounters and wait for rogues vs unity to fight eachother and loot?

I go in unity encounters and kill them with my small gunner farmer, sometimes my PVP big gunner or a laser character whatever I am in the mood for. The complaint isn't the encounter is too hard its annoying trying to search for them waiting 10 minutes of staring at red dots, as opposed to begining of wipe where they would come up frequently.
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 11:38:16 am »

Unfortunately players still ignore good points and arguments about this feature that should be limited in order to establish some kind of sensible game play for ... , yes i will say it again - majority of players. Small unknown cells of players that supposedly would abuse and bypass the timer if it's reimplemented shouldn't be a reason to not set the timer again , nor they would spoil the game for me and others alike at least certainly not on a regular basis , as it was possible to observe that previous season. The most important reason to not force everyone else to legitimate cheating , that just purely dis-balance normal game play and encourages alting witch was fought against by developers for a long time , now suddenly everything is upside down.

Timer last session wasn't perfect but it just needed to be improved upon not removed , now that this feature has been relaxed to the maximum , players come up with quite ridiculous stuff to defend it no matter what's said. It's like unlimited candy has been given to some kids , now try to convince them that they shouldn't eat candy too much , because it's bad. :)
Ridiculous? It's not about "oh god, there are some cheaters, let's allow cheating to everyone!". I disagree with bringing back the old timer because I think it was a bad concept. It affected mainly non-pvp activities like crafting, trading and what not. I am not aware of any commercial game which would prevent a player from playing it.
31:20 , 30:20 NCR Caravans vs Unity patrol , enjoy.
Weren't all caravans encounters removed?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.