Author Topic: NastyKhan's stuff  (Read 18057 times)

Offline NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
Re: NastyKhan's stuff
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 03:23:09 pm »
Combat backpack upgraded:
- completely new model
- more fitting texture
- less polygons
- even easier to re-texture in the future

Rangers map upgraded:
- new model
- Handy Shaped

Stealthboy upgraded:
- polygon number reduced
- quadro-wires replaced by ribbon-wires
- re-textured
- Handy Shaped (should be worn on wrist)

ok.. time to upgrade the rifle..
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:13:12 pm by NastyKhan »

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 06:57:18 pm »
Excellent. That's some good and quick work. Some really efficient and clever designs there too (the folded up map seems an obvious "in hand" choice when you think about it). Make sure to keep the models from the original ones too though - there's always the chance they might be wanted for rendering still image ground sprites or something suchlike.

Offline NastyKhan

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 11:58:46 pm »
Finally.. Railway rifle upgraded. Took some hours but i think was worth it.

- polygon number reduced
- improved texture quality (still remaining 128x128 though)

Edit:
Paper bag added.

Edit:
Lunchbox added.

Edit:
Diamonds added.

Edit:
Big thing added.

Edit:
Sonic shotgun added. You HAVE TO check it out!

Edit:
Pickaxe added.

Edit:
Locket added.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:14:04 pm by NastyKhan »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »
The sonic shotgun seems to be out of place to be honest... I like the texturing on your models tho! :)
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 03:14:43 pm »

Sonic shotgun (probably the most awesome gun in the wasteland) (420):
http://screenshooter.net/0805776/nasyean (1024x1024)
http://screenshooter.net/0805776/jrywrjs
http://screenshooter.net/0805776/numblpn
http://screenshooter.net/0805776/xsgckod
http://screenshooter.net/0805776/aemaprg

Not only that it has a rosewood fingerboard and a capodaster, it seems to be a freakin' Telecaster! I love you man!  ;D
SECTION 8

Offline NastyKhan

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 08:46:45 pm »
The sonic shotgun seems to be out of place to be honest

Why? :)

Energy weapon?
- Plasma rifle - YES
- Laser rifle - YES
- Pulse rifle - YES
- Sonic shotgun - YES

Easy to hold as two-handed heavy weapon?
- Plasma rifle - YES
- Laser rifle - YES
- Pulse rifle - YES
- Sonic shotgun - YES

Uses weird 1950s parts? (like vacuum tubes)
- Plasma rifle - YES
- Laser rifle - YES
- Pulse rifle - YES
- Sonic shotgun - YES

Can be build from retro-futuristic, post-apocalyptic junk and electronic pieces?
- Plasma rifle - YES
- Laser rifle - YES
- Pulse rifle - YES
- Sonic shotgun - YES

Is overpowered (including speed, power, costs, mass, ammo usage etc.)?
- Plasma rifle - NO
- Laser rifle - NO
- Pulse rifle - NO
- Sonic shotgun - NO

So what's wrong?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:59:20 pm by NastyKhan »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »
It's... it's just way too much home-made. :-/
I can't find a single clue of how something like that could operate. Your previously mentioned weapons are rather futuristic and I highly doubt use 1950 parts (unless you mean the actual in-game crafting which always confused me). Look at the other Fallout/Fallout 2 weapons that atleast look-like home-made. They look somewhat functional atleast or something.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline NastyKhan

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 10:55:13 pm »
Hmm.. Well sonic weapons aren't more "fantastic" than plasma, lasers or pulse weapons. All of those are just "1950s nerd SCI-FI" things. Sonic technology fits the fallout universe very well. Just look:

Doesn't looks falloutish enough?

How does it works? Hell knows. Probably some kind of mega amplifier that increase (or decrease?) volume or frequency of sound, so it can hurt people. This is how a friend of mine from Warsaw University of Technology explains functioning of guitar-based sonic weapon:
Hitting strings at the certain power-chord (capodaster!), induces impulses of high frequency current, which are strengthen by amplifier and generate powerful, modulated (phaser) soundwaves, which couses bones of creatures to resonate and fall apart.
In fact I don't know how fallout plasma, laser and pulse weapons work too but.. i don't give a damn, really ;) They look cool and kill people. All i want to know.

And about hand made? Well - in world of fallout everything is possible. Super duper amplifier - possible. Street speaker - possible. Old guitar - possible. Junk and wires - possible. I see no big problem, really ;)

I'm also trying to say that the guitar itself its NOT "magic" and is in fact the least important part of the construction.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:50:45 pm by NastyKhan »

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 12:01:53 am »
It's a difficult one. The examples are right and logically it seems like it would fit in terms of style and technical detail, but it's perhaps a little too "unique" for general use. I can imagine some crazed old pre-war musician, now a 200 year old ghoul, living in a little camp, inventing one of these to defend himself, but I can't see it being a common weapon which the hundreds of online players in 2238 would have access to.

Special quest object, yes. Common weapon that all players would have, not so much - though there's certainly weirder stuff in Fallout 2 already (I've not played Fallout 3, so can't comment on the hand-held nuclear thingy).

Anyway, I like the imagination in it and thinking behind it, and the model's come out really nicely. Of the 3D stuff that's made, there's only a certain amount going to end up in 2238 (I'd imagine it to be "existing stuff" plus a few extras) - and this probably wouldn't be one of them, unless there was a full quest for it, but we must remember that this 3D stuff is ultimately intended for any future Fonline-based project - and if I ever make a single player Fonline game in future, I'd want one of those in it, with the ghoul as I described above :)

Offline NastyKhan

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 12:06:48 am »
Why musician?

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 12:44:06 am »
Simply by the nature of "building something out of what is around you, and what you know and understand".

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 12:47:44 am »
Sonic weapons fit well with the fallout theme, be interesting as disabling weapon to give ew some new gameplay styles.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 01:44:01 am »
I could easily see some kind of sonic based weapons/items in the fallout universe - much better than the "omg I made a 7 barrel minigun shooting rockets" most people like to suggest ;) . Maybe not this particular one as I don't really dig how it looks, but you're on the right track NastyKhan.

While it could be used for lots of trolling I fear, I like Roachors Idea to temporarily disable other weapon devices too.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 07:06:15 pm »
Maybe could serve as an EMP weapon and then we could have some Robots encounters near SAD or something..

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 07:28:25 pm »
I could easily see some kind of sonic based weapons/items in the fallout universe.
But there are no lobstermen :<.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."