"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 11:56:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: a little sugestion to eliminate fast relog alts in tc  (Read 959 times)

a little sugestion to eliminate fast relog alts in tc
« on: April 07, 2012, 10:15:13 pm »

after one character dies in unguarded city ,no other alts with the same ip can enter the town for 10 or even 30 minutes
simple. console could tell: you are too afraid to enter there at the moment. hm? what about that?
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
Re: a little sugestion to eliminate fast relog alts in tc
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:16:03 pm »

Yes promote proxies!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 10:17:45 pm »

well proxies should be considered illegal ::) :-\
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 02:19:06 am »

well proxies should be considered illegal ::) :-\
Well they are not. What's next?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 02:44:30 am »

It's a good idea, maci. Many people are putting their heads to this and some of us come up with the exact same idea. However, proxies cripple this idea. Let's say proxies were illegal (as i thought they already are), how could they be detected? As i understand it, it is a very time-consuming and grueling task to wade through the IP info and find suspects violating such rules. Then to be fair a GM has to "test" those players (and they have ways of passing those tests and fooling the GMs).

As i understand it, this was too much of a chore last year. The fact that none of us have really come up with an ideal solution (as far as i know) tells me that we are hitting the maximum limits of this topic (at least for a free game with no budget), and that there simply is no solution that everyone will love. Best solution for some is hated by others. Best solution for them is hated by more.

It is somewhat comforting to know people (like Jovanka) are putting their creativity to this. Her wake-up-sleepyhead idea (as i call it) is one such example, yet still i don't see a great way to fix this FR issue. I personally love FR and i know some Town Control PvPlayers who also love it - they love the swarms, they eat it up, they take on the same players over and over in waves for a concentrated session of crazy PvP battles. When they win, it's clear who is better. When they lose, they know they won more than they lost. Fun for some is not fun for all. But change it around and it's still the same: new way will be better for some, a major disappointment for others.

Tough topic.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 05:33:54 am »

Everyone that played before the fast relog knows if they mess with the fast relog people will just use proxies. Might as well leave it like it is so it's at least equal to everyone
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.