"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 04:30:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Vanishing corpses?  (Read 1222 times)

Vanishing corpses?
« on: March 27, 2012, 05:48:46 am »

So I gave my merc a bunch of heavy stuff to carry and moved to my new tent location, but he didn't feel like giving back my stuff so i killed him. Instantly his corpse vanishes along with all my stuff.

Re: Vanishing corpses?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:01:43 am »

Helps stop abuse of murdering 300 cap mercs and getting metal armor mk2 off of them.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 01:37:25 pm »

It doesn't help anything, it's still possible to easily get MAmk2 from a dead mercenary. This is a bad example of nerfing which affects mainly average players like Roachor.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 01:57:02 pm »

So I gave my merc a bunch of heavy stuff to carry and moved to my new tent location, but he didn't feel like giving back my stuff so i killed him. Instantly his corpse vanishes along with all my stuff.

If you want get all the stuff back, u must kill merc with rocket launcher so items won't dissapear - tested, but i don't remember if u can get armor back too
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:44:10 pm »

If you want get all the stuff back, u must kill merc with rocket launcher so items won't dissapear - tested, but i don't remember if u can get armor back too

That doesn't really help me much since it was a pistol build

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:05:00 pm »

That doesn't really help me much since it was a pistol build
You can use bazooka with any build, except for those, who has max AP less than needed to shoot with bazooka (bruisers with low AG, etc.), because if you miss with bazooka, it's rocket explodes on it's max range (40 if I haven't forget) or if it flies into object like wall. So, just go away from your merc on 40 hexes and shoot with bazooka, you'll miss and rocket will explode in merc's hex. If you don't have enough PE to see on 40 hexes, 38 hexes (6 PE) is enough too, it'll explode 2 hexes near merc doing splash damage, if you have less than 6 PE, then you need some other target between you and your merc, at which you'll shoot and miss and rocket will fly to your merc :D

I never played for BG builds (normally), but I used bazooka in Hinkley few times, my team mates sometimes misunderstood that I shot them and missed, I did it to kill campers in toilets or was shooting for lulz, if enemy was standing near walls. Also it's a way to level masochistic builds with no combat skills tagged. But the best use for this is... yes, NCR, I can remember killing Sha Enin with it many times without any BG skill, and there were a lot people near Sha Enin usually, good times. Bazooka is really versatile weapon and can be used by everyone, too bad you can't shoot ground with it yet, it would create nice builds with 1 IN and no combat skills tagged or 300% sneak bazooker.

As for looting, it's really possible as said before, you simply need to have good ping.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:10 pm »

Getting a rl and rockets is a bigger pain in the ass than/worth more than what i needed to get out of the merc, there just should be some warnings posted somewhere that mercs are useless for transporting goods and they will vanish instantly. I swear i get griefed by npcs more often than players (Playing stoned means you often forget to put your gun away/set slaves to non hostile).

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:29:55 pm »

There was some kind of warning on forums, that mercs won't be slaves anymore, it was said before wipe, the same as... well... like Fast Shot giving +5 dmg and -2 AP for 2h :D
So it's a feature, but known only for forum surfers.

Oh also, I never tried it, but what if you'll steal from mercs? I mean if you'll fail, will they turn aggro on you? Then.. you can steal your own items from them! Or you can't use "steal" on them at all?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 09:35:15 pm »

Oh also, I never tried it, but what if you'll steal from mercs? I mean if you'll fail, will they turn aggro on you? Then.. you can steal your own items from them! Or you can't use "steal" on them at all?
You can.   ;)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.