Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 19, 2024, 02:41:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Desert Europe - Open or close source ?

Open - maby other developers team will finish this server much faster, and better for players
- 15 (41.7%)
Close - you did start fode and must finish this
- 14 (38.9%)
Open but you did start fode and must finish this
- 7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Desert Europe - open or close source ?  (Read 7993 times)

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
Re: Desert Europe - open or close source ?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 06:30:48 pm »

Now you went full retard (especially calling it theft and so). You should realize that no matter how brilliant idea or work you bring to the table, it's not your table at all. Imagine you make apple pie from apples that others collected. How does it now entitle you to decide who can eat it? And how could you just take it with you when you quit?
You should be able to grasp basics of teamwork without having them in any form of contract or agreement.
You should realize what this situation is. "Theft" - why not, saying, that you are owner of something what doesn't belongs to you is for you ok? People who done some stuff think, that they've done their work for project, not for public. Personally I don't care about my releasing revision changes, because everything I made is to do in few seconds/minutes.

I won't answer on any your future personal attacks, calling someone retard without knowing mean of it is just.. You could use "idiot" or something, but calling someone retard is offence for me, as well as for retards, as you are trying to understand it like some other word to offence someone. It's not nice..

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 07:39:56 pm »

Yeah it's nice idea which keeps open source alive. And even though Fonline is not in any form of open source, it's still good initiative to keep it running.
Unfortunately you should also think about development life of Fonline mods. Pretty much everything of bigger scale is limited to single instance of server, and giving away free stuff without getting any (which happens a lot in this kind of environment) usually leads to exodus of players and lack of motivation to do any better.
I don't want to discourage you, but I don't think this community is ready for this kind of fair play.
You have right, propably i will decide to give my best part of job only for advance fonline developing teams if they will ask me about something, becouse there is too many other almost clear TLA servers, with only configuration changes, but nothing new scripts solutions or are weak(i know, everybody must learn and that need many time).

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 09:04:59 pm »

It's not nice..
It's not nice to freeboot or support any kind of that behaviour. Understand again, that anything created for any team is most likely result of combined forces or resources, thus you shouldn't be able to claim rights for the IP without having any sort of agreement allowing you to do that.
If people want their ideas to be their, they should use their own resources - like build your own car in your garage, not in VV factory.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 27 queries.