"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • August 25, 2024, 04:35:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Blueprints with treasure hunter?  (Read 1766 times)

Blueprints with treasure hunter?
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »

I have been blueprint hunting a lot and have yet to find a single one. I purposely didn't get treasure hunter because I heard it was bugged. 1 out of 4 lockboxes I find I can't open (200 lockpick skill), 3 out of 4 have a fews caps and some misc. Can anyone confirm they got a blueprint without treasure hunter? 
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God
Re: Blueprints with treasure hunter?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:44:51 pm »

I can confirm, I got LSW blueprint without treasure hunter.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »

Same, got Dynomite without treasure hunter.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 06:55:49 pm »

I recently found 5 in several hours with a non-TH build. I have found some before and since, with both TH and non.
Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »

Are there certain encounter or map types that are more likely to spawn blueprints?  Like the city maps with 2 story buildings vs. just the ruins? Or encounters with high level NPCs vs rats?
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:30:08 pm »

I haven't noticed any pattern, and I had that same question, so I started paying attention. It seems completely random.
Iguana Pete's sister

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:47 pm »

I agree it seems totally random. Another player recommends hunting only the easiest zones for this reason. However, to answer your good question with truly high dependability, someone would have to do some serious tracking. We'd need to get maybe 500+ encounters in zone A, then try zone B with same exact approach and get 500 more encounters, changing only one variable at a time. This is a pure numbers game and the math involves multiple vague variables. Very time consuming.

Does Luck matter? I think it does.
Does map area matter? Maybe?
Does grid ID matter? I think not.
Does hostile party play into it? It seems not.
Does TH perk only apply to caps found? I no longer think so.
Do locker contents generate at time locker is opened, or when encounter first starts? I think the latter.
Can any of these things change at any time? YES! It's a beta and they change it as we play it. So we could track a month's worth of data and BAM here goes a new update and WHAMO new results.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 12:55:32 am »

Luck matters!?  Well my 1 luck melee lockpicker needs to be redone... damn...
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 01:32:09 am »

Until a developer confirms some of that information , i don't advise you to remake anything , be aware who provides information about ingame features.

It's kinda confusing at least for me if developers don't provide enough information , we as testers cannot even confirm if things are working properly. There is a feature X , it somehow works but we don't know how it supposed to work.

Hects Hakal

• The Sarmatians
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 09:37:31 am »

I never thinked that i could agree on something whit anyone from SoT but...T-888 have the point
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 09:45:53 am »

Totally agree. Devs hardly provide any information and expect us, "betatesters", to tell them what is good and what is bad. Moreover, even if we tell them something, they just piss on it, coz "they know better". Lol, never though testing looks like that.

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 11:08:53 am »

Luck doesn't matter atleast my opinion. My lockpicker has 1 luck and I found plenty of blueprints but I wasted many hours of finding and lockpicking stupid lockers.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 12:09:05 pm »

In this "plenty" have you found any rare bp? I mean, luck my depend when chosing the found item "rarity".

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 01:06:03 pm »

dynamite,fn fal, needler, stimpak, rad away, metal armor mk2, tesla armor, h&k caws, light support weapon, rocket launcher, p90c, super cattle prod ... maybe something more cant' remember all
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 01:19:19 pm »

TH sucks, without it there is better chance to encouter locker with BP with random gifts.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.