"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 17, 2024, 02:46:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown 2  (Read 3050 times)

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown 2
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 11:24:04 pm »

Now only if somebody started work on fun remake of MOO2 and Fallout and my life would be complete.
BTW: even with chokepoint which is really easy to create with carefully built base, you can easily get owned by Mind Control, which by the way works against aliens just as great. Once you get several great MC guys, all you ever need is several expendable scouts and can kill everything without any risk.
Also aliens don't have rockets... early. They do get the blaster thing which obliterates everything, but only engineers  which are not placed out of open, it's huge problem in base siege, where they almost always blast doors before command room.
You can take advantage of explosives as well, for example HE pack is exceptionally useful when you need to clear enemy above you without exposing self very much.
Later you can get small launcher which is basically stun grenade launcher. It's great thing as you can get quite a lot of score from captures and clear rooms absolutely safely with one shot.
You should also try TFTD sequel, it's incredibly hard, long but it has it's magic :d. Most of things are copypaste, with exception of alien weapons being much slower, and laser equivalents (nearly) useless. Oh and mutons will become lobstermen, lasting crazy amount of damage and chryssalids will become tenauclats who... are flying :d.
Good thing is that xcom armor is notably boosted as well, so you can take some pounding without dying... sometimes.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown 2
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 12:28:03 am »

@Johnnybravo
TFTD was terrible IMO.

Mind control was game breaking IMO. I used editor to reveal XCOM psi resistance strength from start of game & simply maxed it in soldiers who possessed a bad stat. Furthermore, I never used mind control on aliens. Makes game boring/ not fun once you make all aliens drop their weapons; which they are then unable to pickup, using mind control. Almost as bad as saving/reloading on every turn strategy.

/regards.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:31:34 am by AdolphbinStalin »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.