"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 03, 2024, 02:05:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Wasteland 2 support  (Read 19199 times)

187umkillass

• Everyday Iza Gunshot
Re: Wasteland 2 support
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2012, 02:49:21 pm »

I have ordered 50$ version. B. Fargo said, that game development would take cca 1 and half year? So the game should be released before a christmas.  ;D

"GB: Assuming the game reaches or exceeds its funding goal, how long do you anticipate it will be before the game is ready for release? With over a year's worth of development under your belt already, is it possible we could be playing Wasteland 2 in 2012 yet?

Brian: We are gearing everything towards a ship in October 2013".

But even if there will be toolsets - it will be a 3d turd, not as "oldschool" as many people thought it will be. My interest was long lost, especially since I was never a fan of the Wasteland universe.

Im not sure about 3d, but info below is intresting:
"GB: Unfortunately, role-playing games have lost much of their original identity in recent years, thanks in part to the popularity of first-person action RPGs. How do you convince a newer or younger RPG fan who has grown accustomed to the action-focused titles to give Wasteland 2 a shot?

Brian: Well here is the beauty of fan funding... we don't have to convince some younger RPG player of anything. I am making this game for the wonderful fans who put their money behind us and not some nebulous group of new people. Let's make the game they all expect and let the chips fall where they may. There is just no way I'm going to consider anything that could let down the core".
source.

After Brian Fargo goal with Kickstarer,Baldur's Gate 3 creator , start thinking about same way.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.