"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: knockdown and knockout  (Read 6152 times)

Re: knockdown and knockout
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 10:18:42 pm »

How so? Shouldn't he have damage like (1/3)*(3/4)*(240 to 330 dmg) if not point blank and with 5mm AP? That should be about 60 to 82,5 damage if your modified damage resist is zero, so if not dealing unaimed critical you should be ok after his turn (most of them probably not capable of shooting twice per turn). If he has 1 rank of bonus ranged dmg, it is like 80 to 102,5 damage, if he has two ranks, it should be like 100 to 122,5 damage. Am I right here?
This is just meant as a question, I'm not very good with these formulas and such kind of things. :)

Yes, it usually takes 2 minigun bursts to kill me, not much a difference. Why? - 1 eyeshot costs 8 AP, a minigun burst - 6 AP (with fast shot ofc), so there's no chance I have a second shot before death. I think snipers have been nerfed enough already:

+1 AP cost for eyeshot/headshot
no eyeshot possible if you're not directly in front of a trarget,
-16% critical chance for eyeshots (for LK 6 character)
-22% critical chance for headshots (for LK 6 character)
nerfed critical tables,

In order to be a good sniper you have to have 10 LK, 10 PE, at least 230 SG. It means that you have to basically sacrifice everything else and reduce a character to just it - a mobile platform for a sniper rifle. Knockout is a main weapon of this build. I just think it definitly doesn't further nerfing.
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 10:51:19 pm »

Yes, it usually takes 2 minigun bursts to kill me, not much a difference. Why? - 1 eyeshot costs 8 AP, a minigun burst - 6 AP (with fast shot ofc), so there's no chance I have a second shot before death. I think snipers have been nerfed enough already:

+1 AP cost for eyeshot/headshot
no eyeshot possible if you're not directly in front of a trarget,
-16% critical chance for eyeshots (for LK 6 character)
-22% critical chance for headshots (for LK 6 character)
nerfed critical tables,

In order to be a good sniper you have to have 10 LK, 10 PE, at least 230 SG. It means that you have to basically sacrifice everything else and reduce a character to just it - a mobile platform for a sniper rifle. Knockout is a main weapon of this build. I just think it definitly doesn't further nerfing.

there is no need to start with 10 PE you can go with 8 or even 6 if you will.

and dying in two burst ...at range or point blank ? if its at range there you realy wasted your hp ..you can have 200 hp as sniper...and if he gets close you can eat psycho - per wont penalty you here ... At top of that you should have FA that heals you for full amount - and you can have 150+ FA so basicly you can stand alot of beating more then you make it sound ...
and if you speak of low armor / no buffs .. then minigun is bluesuit killer - get over with that...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:07:59 pm by Attero »

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 11:02:39 pm »

if your hand is more fast than 1 or 2 APs... yeah you can do all of this.
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 11:50:10 pm »

there is no need to start with 10 PE you can go with 8 or even 6 if you will.

8 PE makes sense only if you are going to use cigarrettes to buff it up to 10 later. 1 point of perception is worth 48 skill points invested into tagged SG (above 200% level), 1 point of intelligence gives you 40 sp, so whenever you are going to go over 200% of a gun skill, it's better to reduce INT and increase PE.

6 PE is not a sniper dude  ;).

and dying in two burst ...at range or point blank ?

At range, I usually have a metal armor.

..you can have 200 hp as sniper

Post this build, since I don't believe you can make a good sniper with 200 hp (not talking about energy gunner here).

...and if he gets close you can eat psycho - per wont penalty you here

Not everyone has a doctor alt  ;).

... At top of that you should have FA that heals you for full amount - and you can have 150+ FA

Only when you resign from outdoorsman or reduce PE, whch , as I explained before, is a bad choice for this type of build.

Basically you can have either 148hp or 172 hp (when PE at 8 ) as a sniper. And it's equal to 2 minigun bursts :-P

EDIT: And even if I somehow managed to make a second shot, it's about 40% chance to knockout a target (according to the above discussed formula) - still hardly fair, and it doesn't usually happen. Snipers don't need more nerfing.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:26:57 am by Elmehdi »
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 12:50:48 am »

6 PE is not a sniper dude  ;).

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Mentats

beats me but it adds perception ! same as jet!
you can even tweak the build to be able to do two aimed shots a round (with jet ofc)

Post this build, since I don't believe you can make a good sniper with 200 hp (not talking about energy gunner here).
you wish

and remember you make sniper , at worst you can spend all your points in just SG , (you dont need outdoor , but FA is godly with 10 lck)

Not everyone has a doctor alt  Wink.
aye but the sole reason why psycho is so worthy/popular/needed is minigun.

@metal armor - i think you mean MKII -
those are the valoues at range burst from avenger should do not more to you then ...
JHP - metal2 - 86 with BA - 60,
AP - metal2 - 126 , BA - 108 ...
a little compare to psycho and 2x toughness BA... - 61 ;p (ofc  ap ammo )
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:04:17 am by Attero »
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 01:17:03 am »

@metal armor - i think you mean MKII -
those are the valoues at range burst from avenger should do not more to you then ...
JHP - metal2 - 86 with BA - 60,
AP - metal2 - 126 , BA - 108 ...
a little compare to psycho and 2x toughness BA... - 61 ;p (ofc  ap ammo )
And ofc on the other side - the criticals like dropped weapon, crippled arms, blindness, knock-outs or -downs are gonna happen even if you wearing APA and staying on head. The crit build can just keep you on the ground or not capable of shooting, that you never gonna use this "super" damage.
As I see it everything has pros and cons.
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 01:52:41 am »

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Mentats

If we go this way, then no doubt that you can make a superman, f.e. 1/4/10/1/9/6/10, will become 7/10/10/5/10/10/10, 250hp, 90% DR and 16 AP, when on drugs and totally unplayable when not. 95% of players don't use drugs though (or use only before talking to NPCs occasionally), so it does not change the fact that a sniper build is well balanced in usual, common PvP fights and does not need any more nerfs just because some people may abuse chems  :P.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 02:00:27 am by Elmehdi »

Marko69

• SLASH!
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 11:52:43 am »

All I know is that there is 50% more chance to get knocked out in turn-based mode.
Anti-pk, protector of the law in wasteland.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 06:52:06 pm »

i have a question to this topic, so if you have low endurance others have higher chance to critical hit you? that idea sounds lame...
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 06:57:57 pm »

I'd never go lower than 7 because you need at least 7 for sharpshooter.

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 07:10:39 pm »

i have a question to this topic, so if you have low endurance others have higher chance to critical hit you? that idea sounds lame...

According to the formula, the chance of a knockdown depends much on a target endurance.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 07:45:19 pm »

Not to critical, but some results do, of course. No reason to completely alter it from Fallout after all.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 07:52:36 pm »

well raider with leather jacket and mauser hit me with aimed shots, all of them were critical, and all of them knocked me down/out, or dropped my weapon. Doesnt that should depend on his luck not my endurance? (i mean to cause critical, and only if critical is caused only then low endurance should cause effect)
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 07:52:41 pm »

crit is attacker roll only
so ..
after attack hited roll for whatever its crit.
if crit then roll for "how good is the crit"
if the crit is good you have chances depanding on what body part was aimed :

this would be some imaginable example on head crit:
1) 2x dam
2) 2.5x dam and check agaisnt endurance (+3) for knockdown
3) 3x dam and check against endurance (+0) for knockout
4( 4x dam and check against endurance (-3) for knockout and knockdown
5) 5x dam knockdown , knockout and check agaisnt Luck (+0) for armor bypass

so the better the endurance the better are chances to resist knockdown /knockout
and the better luck the better the chances to not have armor bypassed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:55:13 pm by Attero »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.