yes
- 30 (63.8%)
no
- 12 (25.5%)
no opinion
- 5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: FR solution  (Read 12100 times)

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: FR solution
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 05:58:24 pm »

So to be clear all this "you cannot login for X minutes" is just to prevent people from running into combat with multiple characters?
You cannot possibly prevent that on client (because that's where people cheat), and it's nearly impossible to prevent that on server (because the game is free, and even if it was not, it'd be possible to open more accounts just to 'cheat').

So why not remove it completely and make game just punish abuse instead? It's not easy task at all, but it will not limit game for people not willing to play unfair.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 03:10:25 pm »

So why not remove it completely and make game just punish abuse instead? It's not easy task at all, but it will not limit game for people not willing to play unfair.

Who is goin to catch them? ¿Game Masters?
Hello Guys :P

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2012, 12:40:53 am »

Nope, there is no point of concentrating on busting relogs and proxies. Instead it's way more effective to make them less useful and effective. Eg. the more combat is interactive, the less is your proxy effective, as you will be able to fully use less character at the time. It could be something simple like rockets targeting place on map and not critter - people would then have to run away from rockets and you'd be just eating lead shots if you were controlling multiple characters at once, due to high predictability of their movement.
That's just an example of one possibility, don't take it as some form of suggestion for rockets.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 01:08:30 am »

In servers that don't support running in combat , supports high health and overall very durable characters like requiem or TLA , it's possible to multitask two characters " fully " at the same time , i know some people who have done something like that. It's something you won't see in 2238 ever. So stop dreaming about " proxy efficiency " , the only thing you will see on proxies in 2238 are taxi's , looters , scouts because to find a low ping public proxy that doesn't crash after each minute is mostly very difficult , even when you find one they usually stop working after a day or two or few hours , if unlucky minutes. Unreliable as fuck.

This topic is about fast relogs , to be precise logins to other characters without any timeout that doesn't require any dual logs on proxies to do so , i don't actually understand why are you talking about what are you talking about ...

You cannot possibly prevent that on client (because that's where people cheat)

Read the whole discussion , there's plenty of information from me , it's better to try ... than do nothing. Last session there was a 10 minute cooldown on relog what was shortened to 3 minutes by most players. My suggestion is to make a 3 minute cooldown for those who do pvp , i don't see anyone putting much effort in bypassing that like it was last session.

since after all topics about fast relog , no developer has even whispered something about that , just a lost cause so i have already accepted that this session will be heavily alt supported , after today's fights i'm considering to add the fourth character witch i bring to large TC fights ... seriously.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:14:20 am by T-888 »

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 10:15:27 am »

Whats the big deal here?  ::)
In 2009 there wasn't a relog cd either. Worked fine for me. Especially loners benefit more from it than PvP apes - which would bypass it anyway in most cases.
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 02:17:29 pm »

I'm a loner. I see no reason to FR. I play a shitty char with shitty stats that can do everything. Solo players who need to level 2-5 alts for every aspect of the game are making life hard for themselves for no reason.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2012, 02:39:53 pm »

Whats the big deal here?  ::)
Especially loners benefit more from it than PvP apes -

Read what's the suggestion first , loners won't be touched.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 03:42:16 pm »

In servers that don't support running in combat , supports high health and overall very durable characters like requiem or TLA , it's possible to multitask two characters " fully " at the same time , i know some people who have done something like that. It's something you won't see in 2238 ever.
I don't give a damn about the rest of your post, but you really should talk to people who have played this game a bit longer than you. There are a few in your gang, educate yourself before you start talking bullshit again.
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2012, 04:19:48 pm »

Oh of course you saw something years ago how does that change anything currently ? Maybe only your ego. It's something you won't see in 2238 ever. I don't know how about your english but that's " will not " , i'm not denying it's never happened.

Who do you think are those " few people who have done something like that " ? Smartass where smartass isn't needed.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:27:24 pm by T-888 »

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 04:26:17 pm »

Oh of course you saw something years ago how does that change anything currently ? Maybe only your ego. It's something you won't see in 2238 ever.

Who do you think are those " few people who have done something like that " ? Smartass where smartass isn't needed.
The fact you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be  done, and the fact that you're saying that it won't happen doesn't mean shit because in all honesty you don't know much. You're just posting garbage here and yes, people have used 2 combat alts at one time and yes, those people are still playing and no, it's not that hard. The only reason it doesn't happen often is the "no dual-log in combat" rule (which is pretty easy to enforce) and the fact that it's quite tiresome.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:28:02 pm by Nice_Boat »
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2012, 04:40:32 pm »

The fact you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be  done, and the fact that you're saying that it won't happen doesn't mean shit because in all honesty you don't know much.

What makes you so sure i haven't tried ? It's inefficient , furthermore tiresome isn't a excuse for me. Now i want to see you miserably try to convince me how good is that if " you can properly do it " , what a load of bullshit. Before you start yapping in the wrong direction again , just go ahead try with few of your " experienced " BBS members to fight us with two characters at the same time , i want to see your extensive knowledge of the game come into play. So i can have a laugh afterwards.

It doesn't happen because it doesn't work well in practice.
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2012, 04:59:39 pm »

*meanwhile, three of triple8's alts are seen on respawn, but he's threatening the community to exp another one so he'll die with 4 of them one after another*

Oh, what the fuck, can't we just ignore that dude? He has spent like 3 months in hinkley on failed attempts to kill anyone with his lame sg sniper, then he joined the rogues and became the biggest mouth. srsly, the best thing he's doing is posting total garbage on forums and changing his avatar/title once per day.

avv

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2012, 06:20:26 pm »

I don't get it what's there still to discuss whether or not fr gives good advantage in pvp. I did my first pvp fastrelog yesterday and it was nothing I could ever pull out in mundane means as fast. My char dies, I jump to another and join the fight. Had there been some cooldown to delay me, it would have had effect.

*meanwhile, three of triple8's alts are seen on respawn, but he's threatening the community to exp another one so he'll die with 4 of them one after another*

Oh, what the fuck, can't we just ignore that dude? He has spent like 3 months in hinkley on failed attempts to kill anyone with his lame sg sniper, then he joined the rogues and became the biggest mouth. srsly, the best thing he's doing is posting total garbage on forums and changing his avatar/title once per day.

I think it's good that at least someone from SoT faction is talking here about stuff they do and see happening. There's nothing worse than a group that does shady stuff and doesn't talk about it.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2012, 09:29:26 pm »

He has spent like 3 months in hinkley on failed attempts to kill anyone with his lame sg sniper
What's wrong with that? Everyone starts as a noob, but then slowly gains experience and becomes a better player. How do you know he didn't learn anything?
Just because he has another opinion doesn't mean he's the worse man here.
Thou I share Nice_Boat's point of view in this topic, I know that my truth is not the only truth here. I wouldn't start offending someone because he thinks otherwise. Have some humility.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:37:34 pm by Floodnik »
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2012, 10:01:09 pm »

This just shows how screwed up mentality you have.

Most of that post is quite bullshit anyway , for example i only play hinkley if i am practicing or just having fun and that's only once in a while , not like most of your members that just mindlessly grind frags in hinkley and call them great players , at least that what happened last session.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:04:25 pm by T-888 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.