"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 22, 2024, 04:57:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Piece of shit game?  (Read 46777 times)

Swarm

Re: Piece of shit game?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 03:52:07 pm »

LOL... so I see you guys ran into section 8 :D Try fighting 8 players with those plasma sd builds :)
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 03:57:04 pm »

Sneakers will always be abuse or useless, thats how invisiblity system works simply, cant balance an invisible person ;P

Either way "Piece of shit game?" is a bit harsh words. Everybody knew that wipe is gonna bring bugs, what i personally am dissipointed about is that there was too little quick fixes after the wipe and the game kept on rolling unbalanced in general. There was this fix rush first week or two, but now... no update for a month? (correct me if am wrong) And many of those fixes just require changing in one value or two (TC inbalance).

Devs should make their own gang aka Rotators and do some TC themselves :) Or listen to people that reached influence cap ;P

LOL... so I see you guys ran into section 8 :D Try fighting 8 players with those plasma sd builds :)

Hah, come on, its not that bad, 8 sneakers vs 2 sneakers is hard indeed, but those 8 sneakers wont kill off 8 full armed bgers anyways ;P unless the bgers do something terribly stupid.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:58:44 pm by kttdestroyer »
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 04:02:35 pm »

Im the only one that thinks that the game has been getting worse with every update?

Apparently not.

I, for one, find this game more fun every time I get back. I've never been up to date with the current exploit set so I never knew about who to farm how to have infinite money, how to make and use alts, etc. So I started by making an energy weapon character with 6 AP and joined a faction. It took me a lot of time to get electronic parts from trash cans and to afford the energy gun profession. That did not work anyway because of my crappy build and living in Redding. Then we made a base with a friend to craft small guns in peace, away from NCR. That got boring because of mining timeouts introduced, then mines with HQ minerals. Dying and trying to make a gun for 1 hour to lose it in 10 minutes of playing was painful and stupid.
Now I just made a critical-oriented small gun barter guy. I get everything including armour from encounters. I get some better gear from shops by selling fruit. Life is easy. When I die, I just craft a BB gun, kill a raider and I'm back to what I was doing in less than 20 minutes. So for a casual player, this game is getting more and more fun with lots of quests. Lots of good items in shops. Nice filters in shops. No timeouts when I want to make .45 ammo. Just open game and have fun.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Swarm

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 04:05:29 pm »

Hah, come on, its not that bad, 8 sneakers vs 2 sneakers is hard indeed, but those 8 sneakers wont kill off 8 full armed bgers anyways ;P unless the bgers do something terribly stupid.

Nah, but they kill off anything that is below 200hp :) Laser and snipers worse nightmare. Even on max hp builds they can still kill in 2-3 throws fully geared if they get you in back. Its not as bad as insta kill with SMGs though. I am not complaining about these builds but they are very deadly for trolling.

Back agianst a wall best defense.

But knowing this game I would not be suprised if they nerfed it but not to say I am crying to nerf it, it makes for some interesting pvp. I still have a pre-wipe mindset I forget about these SD sneakers and expect big fully drugged fully HP tanks to show up :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:12:53 pm by Swarm »

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 05:41:18 pm »

I think that they don't play their own game and that is explaining such sad methods and features. And furthermore, they do not have any game design to know what to do. They "try things". That's it.

I'm actually glad more and more people see it

It seemed so far impossible to tear off some devs (*cough*cough*so*cough*lar*cough*) from looking at statistics in their alseeing "matrix" screen to make them exerience teir own game instead to see what is fucked and what is good

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

avv

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »

I'm actually glad more and more people see it

It seemed so far impossible to tear off some devs (*cough*cough*so*cough*lar*cough*) from looking at statistics in their alseeing "matrix" screen to make them exerience teir own game instead to see what is fucked and what is good

But what can be done about that? To really have a clue how things work in this game you gotta play it very long and in powergaming fashion. And even then people will have differing opinions and expectations which can be seen from the general random opinion set the community has when it comes to suggestions.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:24 pm »

The only thing I don't understand is why given that the previous session was pretty good, they felt the need for such a major overhaul. Maybe, just to keep things interesting lol.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 06:07:41 pm »

Im the only one that thinks that the game has been getting worse with every update?
Aside from PvP, TC and other acronyms which I hardly recognize, I wouldn't call game "worse". It's just different, like with advanced workbench feature, blueprints, gathering and so on - much harder than before, more challenging for a woodsman like me. And this makes it more fun, at least in these parts.

We can't demand anything from devs, as we don't pay them with money, glass fake jewelry or even sexual services. Still more feedback from them wouldn't hurt anyone, too.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

OXXON

• I need some bubble gum, im sick of kicking ass
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 06:25:50 pm »

we can complain all we want, but in the end we will end up adapting to the game, and ask for another wipe...and it will be the same, wipe,after wipe.

just get over those things and start killing molerats.

(btw heavy handed is too unbalanced)

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »

I agree to say that except pvp aspect, the game is becoming better (yeah, many things need to be improved/fixed but we just have to wait until what was planned is released). But how could we spend more than a month on pve and quests ? When you know the content, you have absolutely no interest in doing it again. There is also no way to find a place in this world, no way to achieve some wise roleplay, doable on the long term. Since this game is obviously not about HL pve, it is about pvp. And pvp is definitely very bad right now. So for most of us, the game in its entirety is very bad, frustrating or worst, boring as hell.

If we look about pvp enhancements since the beginning of the beta, there are only few new things. Very few. Isn't the whole game based on common actions, playing together, like in every MMO ? Gameplay right now leads to desperately selfish behaviors. The only funny thing is to make new characters, again and again, as it always have been. Just to wait until something is released, test it and be bored again.

I would say that devs should unite and focus on what players want. Or maybe they prefer to focus on what they like and find funny. And if that's not the same, we're going right in the wall.

We don't even know devs goals : do they program this game only for fun ? To learn something ? To release it someday and have some deserved success ? Frankly, if I knew they are doing it for their own fun, I would have left long time ago. But that possibility seems pretty dumb to imagine...

Do devs have some roadmap ? Do they have development steps in mind ? We don't know...

avv

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 06:49:01 pm »

I would say that devs should unite and focus on what players want.

That's going to be interesting. When Solar asked what tc should be like he got 100 differend opinions.

Do devs have some roadmap ? Do they have development steps in mind ? We don't know...

If you read these forums regularly, some leaks appear every now and then. Like remaking caravans and pve. But I haven't spotted any master plan. I'm just thinking: when the server was originally set up, it must have had some sort of purpose and a general idea of "what it will be about". Since the original name was Factions Mod, that should tell something but only someone who knows can explain further.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 06:58:29 pm »

If so many people have different opinions, couldn't he select some representative of the most active pvp teams and ask them to realize a plan of what it should be ? Then oppose the ideas and see what good can be used out of it ? It doesn't look too complicated for me. Some time ago, when King of the Hill TC mode was planned, they asked teams advice. Not only good solutions appeared from that initiative, but instead of destroying the whole thing and make something else, couldn't they think about it and ask teams again when they had the next plan in mind ?

And yes, I read the forum pretty often and sometimes, some things are leaked and we bark as dogs we are considered of when we see that. "Ooooh gush, somthing new !" Why not a global article about the final goals ? A list of features they wanna introduce ? Couldn't we then work on these and spare them lot of time by thinking about it or simulating it ingame ? Give them plans they can take or reject if they don't like it ?

Keep us busy, we wanna help you !
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:00:02 pm by Shangalar »
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 06:58:53 pm »

Silent Death/sneak may be OP with nades, but try with melee, it's hard, takes a lot of practice and preparation(scouting, map awareness) but it's extremely funny!
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 07:02:35 pm »

Fast relog is a big plus to me. I can't count how many times I've been leveling and someone needs a char added to base, or needs a BP from my stash, etc. It's very easy to relog, use the terminal, etc, and get right back to what I was doing.

The downside of this is fast logging during PvP. It was never something we did last wipe, and we weren't really prepared for it this time either. The first time we did some PvP, and I get to the spawn point and there's 9 guys we were just fighting all logged off, I knew that there was no way to really be competitive without having a half dozen alts parked on WM. I admit, I raged a bit. After a more prolonged fight, you see the cycle of chars coming in and out.

Combine that with the terrible TC system, and it's not too much fun. I'm looking forward to see the changes in that.

Finally, the crafting system is my true gripe. I'm fine with depleting resources. I'm fine with blueprints. I'm even fine with limited advanced workbench locations/access. In fact I LOVE those changes.

What I don't like is spending half my time in game grinding footlockers. Seriously, when I saw the topic in suggestions about low tier loot in containers in random encounters, I thought it was a fantastic idea. I still think it's a fantastic idea... only that's not what we have. There are still a lot of empty, completely useable containers in encounters that could be used. Desks, shelves, small buildings, etc. All empty. Finding a small handfull of caps, a Mauser, a stimpack, nuka, cigarettes, or whatever would be awesome. But no, "Let's just add footlockers that people
have to grind for. To make it even better, let's make them locked so people
need ONE MORE ALT than before, and for teh lulz we'll booby trap the shit out of them. Now, to ensure we can actually effectively waste everyones time, we need to put the valuable blueprints in there, otherwise no one will waste their time like this is designed to do."

Seriously, is that how the discussion was? Somehow you managed to take a great idea, and fuck it up beyond recognition, relegating it into the land of retardation.

There has got to be a better way to handle BP's. Making every locker pickable would be a start, as would having maybe 20% of those lockers unlocked in the first
place. A lot of us just ignore the traps anyway, so no issue there. But what about all the other possibilities in the existing maps? Why ONLY footlockers. It's not fun, guys. It's just a grind, and it sucks big floppy donkey dick.

Oh, and where the fuck are my HQ chem components? I can't craft some of the items I literally spent weeks looking for.

/rage
Iguana Pete's sister

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 07:06:08 pm »

What I don't like is spending half my time in game grinding footlockers. Seriously, when I saw the topic in suggestions about low tier loot in containers in random encounters, I thought it was a fantastic idea. I still think it's a fantastic idea... only that's not what we have. There are still a lot of empty, completely useable containers in encounters that could be used. Desks, shelves, small buildings, etc. All empty. Finding a small handfull of caps, a Mauser, a stimpack, nuka, cigarettes, or whatever would be awesome. But no, "Let's just add footlockers that people
have to grind for. To make it even better, let's make them locked so people
need ONE MORE ALT than before, and for teh lulz we'll booby trap the shit out of them. Now, to ensure we can actually effectively waste everyones time, we need to put the valuable blueprints in there, otherwise no one will waste their time like this is designed to do."

Seriously, is that how the discussion was? Somehow you managed to take a great idea, and fuck it up beyond recognition, relegating it into the land of retardation.

Goddamn nice view about it. I agree with you dude !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.