"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 01:47:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Proxy and multi-logging (Spitted from: Fonline lolpics)  (Read 7582 times)

Re: Proxy and multi-logging (Spitted from: Fonline lolpics)
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 10:56:12 pm »

It's not about what she wants , she follows rules make sure they are followed that's what she do , the only difference is when it happens and how much , what GM does. It's not like it's " the great banwave " , yes i'm well informed what has happened in the past.

These rules about dual log cannot be kept ... well let's say respected for long what they currently are , how long some shortly " motivated " game masters will keep this up even if their somewhat successful ? It's a downward spiral. That's the wrong approach how to deal with the issue.

What i'm saying the long term solution would be to ease up some of the rules , otherwise you will fight forever a never ending fight what will not lead to anything positive , just an example i provided before. Let's say you really work very hard and ban many characters , prove your point that you can and keep the rules followed , but what will come next ?

Ask yourself the question and be realistic about it.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 11:04:39 pm »

If you ease the rules, it wont be about PvP skills, but about whos got the best HW with SW and found the best means how to abuse something. Youre clearly biased in this matter, because it was your gang that was caught with multiple fonline instances and I understand why are you so against it.
Statistically, if you make cheating harder, less people will do it. For me, it would be great improvement if I see just 3 dual logs from SoT instead of 10.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:10 pm »

If dual logging to gain unfair advantage in fights is forbridden,
then fast relogging to do so should be forbridden as well.

I encountered this. One guy baited me into a building, logged off and instantly a HtH 100%KD character appeared nearby, of course attacking me.
That's lame and annoying, and UNFAIR, even If I somehow manage to kill both :F
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 11:40:36 pm »

First of all let's get some things straight , what happens to " my " gang is completely not your business , second the thing i'm biased to is common sense if you read carefully , i have no problem using proxies as other players too , some might even spend money on that and looks like there are such superiors here that will work hard to punish us. I already pointed out how inefficient and pointless that can be , so don't tell me much more. It's just maybe there is a less painful way how the superiors , i'm sorry game masters could deal with that.

Easing up the rules won't make people cheat more , it's absurd to say that it will , because the rules were eased up already and there is absolutely no change at all , only now people can do certain actions through dual log without the fear being banned. That was done all the time before , no matter what the rules sometimes people were punished for basicly nothing because the rules said so , it happens to be like that considering current rules. Now game masters remember every single simple action those crafters , taxi's were banned last season on dual logs , what now is completely reasonable that wasn't before , bans were only because rules said so. So much wasted time. We tolerated that blindly , players did.

I'm not saying let's allow all to cheat , i'm saying maybe allow those few scouts and taxi's in town control ? Like i said it's nothing new or gamebreaking for anyone , TB battles with proxies on dual logs now that's gamebreaking.

There is one thing everyone can understand and that's reason.

If dual logging to gain unfair advantage in fights is forbridden,
then fast relogging to do so should be forbridden as well.

Looks like i'm not the only one after all.

Statistically, if you make cheating harder, less people will do it. For me, it would be great improvement if I see just 3 dual logs from SoT instead of 10.

Forgot about this.

Less people cheat , bigger advantage for those who does you think you will reduce only SoT dual loggers ? :) That doesn't help at all. In the end there might be some teams who will not know how to cheat at all if it's hard enough , so you might actually make SoT stronger than ever. Then we will be called the only cheaters or whatever , no thanks.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:53:26 pm by T-888 »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 12:05:11 am »

Youre still acting like you cheat only because of others. Do you realize, that SoT are those, who cheat the most and define the beat for others ?
Devs eased the rule about FR, now you can see what big problem it has become, but this is not thread about FR.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 12:07:21 am »

I do not even play anymore because of the fast relog/multi-logging business.

It's just gotten out of hand, and I'm not one to waste my time constantly trying to level characters just to keep up with the other team/players fucking garrison.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:40 am »

noble that you want to fight abusers jovanka, but did you really need a lolpic to get the idea to just... ehm... google a proxy list?
This is another far-fetched thing like your "fast-relog" solution. Don't get me wrong, it's good that you wanna do something, but don't give into every single idea that pops into your mind. You'll never finish what you start that way, get people upset and riddicule yourself.

This whole thing reminds me of this: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,18828.0.html which didn't end well too. It was also executed with noble intent but wasn't thought out enough.
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 12:36:36 am »

Youre still acting like you cheat only because of others. Do you realize, that SoT are those, who cheat the most and define the beat for others ?

Oh so we might have a scout or two more than smaller gangs , because we have more people. Were so bad , please. Stop with the hyperboles. Don't start with ridiculous sentences like SoT proxy leading or .... i don't know players come up with ridiculous stuff we don't do :)

You'll never finish what you start that way, get people upset and riddicule yourself.

This.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:39:05 am by T-888 »

JovankaB

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 12:59:41 am »

Oh so we might have a scout or two more than smaller gangs , because we have more people. Were so bad , please.

Example of SOT taxi/scout:

They (or rather he) was standin right in the center of your PVP ARMY.

Too bad I didn't make screenshot of SOT in Modoc yesterday. Would be fun to analyze,
but I was STUNNED by the amount of possible multilogs present in town during PvP so I forgot to press F3.
Sorry.

I have banned hundreds of dual logs and I'm not stunned that easily.

Unfortunately you seem to have no shame. I checked lawyers half hour later and they had one multilog.
I banned him and he doesn't bitch about it on forum neither he tries to "scare" others with proxy.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of you were stealing banknotes in Monopoly and swap pawns on Chess
board when other person looks away. And then pretending to be "pros" and tough guys when caught.

Good luck with buying proxy. In any case, it won't get any worse than it is.
And I think for paid one we can think about something harsher for whole team than permabans.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:02:02 am by JovankaB »

Crab_people

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 01:39:06 am »

And I think for paid one we can think about something harsher for whole team than permabans.

u mad? o0? sot are proxy swarm gang but still they are good players and i dont see reason why we have to ban ban ban ban ban...look at others serv when u can do what you want with out butcher over your head. 2238 is crying servers where all nabzes cry omg he killed me he have more than 2 players over map, ban him and him and him and him so we can craft and hunt scorpion in peace. for me bigger game breaking thing is f. mercs militia not waves. More waves more pvp more pvp more fun
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:40:58 am by Crab_people »
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 02:02:35 am »

Somehow we thought that dual log overall is fine some rumors , then you started to ban people and said that it's not okay. We were not using any proxies , because we agreed to that other teams might have not done that.

So stop bitching about us , you don't think very far. :)

Ignore what everyone says , go on your mindless crusade last time a big banwave happened half of the population vanished , so you better be ready to start banning whole teams because of bought proxies. Empty words. It's like talking to a wall.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:05:08 am by T-888 »

JovankaB

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 02:06:55 am »

Everything has been said I think this thread can be locked.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 29 queries.