"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 04:29:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New TRUE Fallout incoming ? Wasteland 2 from Brian Fargo!  (Read 5851 times)

Rascal

• FOnline2!
New TRUE Fallout incoming ? Wasteland 2 from Brian Fargo!
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:13:27 pm »

At this rate, everybody will soon see their favourite developer starting some kicks or kicking some starters. Brian Fargo, creator of Wasteland, the game that launched a thousand Fallouts, has espied the queue of well-regarded figures approaching their adoring audience cap in hand and is now seeking a cap of his own. It’ll be a comically large bit of headwear as he wants to cram at least a million dollars into it, which is the estimated cost of funding a Wasteland sequel. The game would be a PC release, with, according to the man’s own Twittertalk, a “complete old school vibe and made with input from gamers. Made the gamers way.” The gamers way often involves eating Wotsits until dawn but perhaps there are other ways and other gamers?

Eurogamer reckon that the million dollar Kickstarter campaign is set to begin next month and Fargo is certainly keen: “You will find a happy game designer if this method of game financing works out.” Judging by the number of veterans now considering the route, aware of audience demand and willingness to trust in a name and pedigree, we could have a lot of happy game designers on our hands. Hopefully that will create lots of happy gamers. I’m going to start moisturising these calloused appendages in anticipation of carting around so many joyous folk.

As for me, I’m hoping a Kickstarter for a sequel to Wolf (and I’m discounting Lion and WolfQuest) is just around the corner.

Brain's Fargo twitter -> very active about the game:
https://twitter.com/#!/BrianFargo

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-16-brian-fargo-using-kickstarter-for-wasteland-sequel
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/16/brian-fargo-turning-to-kickstarter-for-wasteland-2/

avv

Re: New TRUE Fallout incoming ? Wasteland 2 from Brian Fargo!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 05:33:56 pm »

- will be a top-down, isometric, party based RPG.

Yes!
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 06:06:05 pm »

and turn based :D
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 06:36:05 pm »

It' crowdfunded!

Wasteland is a tricky business.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:32:57 am »

Its sad to see Fargo searching for a millon dollars when he was the ugly man who dont leave Interplay make his own continuation of Wasteland, and he was an Activision employee. Time just had passed.  :'(.
A new Wasteland (or a new Fallout from Obsidian or STALKER 2) deserves a AAA financing.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 03:56:29 am »

Its sad to see Fargo searching for a millon dollars when he was the ugly man who dont leave Interplay make his own continuation of Wasteland, and he was an Activision employee. Time just had passed.  :'(.
A new Wasteland (or a new Fallout from Obsidian or STALKER 2) deserves a AAA financing.
amen.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 09:35:09 am »

Wasteland was like the third game after I finnished the 2 Fallout's. That was in 1999 or 2000 can't remember it was on the time when I got my first PC.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 10:09:24 am »

Interesting. Most interesting. I hope for a trve oldskool-style game.
In fact, a remake of wasteland with easier and more comfortable controls would be enough already. But lets see what happens to this.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 10:38:02 am »

How naive.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 01:29:51 pm »

Have faith.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 02:10:41 pm »

Faith has gone with Fo3, NV, JA3...
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 03:34:13 pm »

STALKER 2 is still development? Not died?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 05:01:33 pm »

STALKER 2 is still development? Not died?
It is, though it's future is more than a bit incertain.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

avv

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 05:55:20 pm »

Faith has gone with Fo3, NV, JA3...

Mine went along with Syndicate 3. Just look at this shit.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 06:46:00 pm »

its not always going this way.. example ? --> Deus Ex.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.