"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 01:10:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FOnline apocalypse scenario  (Read 1902 times)

FOnline apocalypse scenario
« on: February 12, 2012, 03:18:40 pm »

Imagine a following scenario.

Bethesda orders The Rotators to strip 2238 off every Fallout-related content or else get a lawsuit against them.

Before you start to tell me that this cannot happen, since 2238 is a non-profit hobby project of the devs and the lawyers cannot do shit, unless FOnline starts get other money than donations - this is supposed to be a creative thread.

The game has also independend engine, with 3d, it will have independend graphic content (i suppose someone will delve himself into highpoly 3d art)

Now, what would happen to The Wasteland?
Will New Californian Republic become a Westcoast Republic? Brotherhood Of Steel to Iron Knights? Vault 13 to something else?
Unleash your creativity, people. :D
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Gob

• The Good
Re: FOnline apocalypse scenario
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:54:52 pm »

I think this ACTA,SOPA and PIPA shit got to some people's head here. Calm down, nothing is going to happen to "zee precious" FOnline.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:03:51 pm »

No, i was thinking if the devs makes a project with original content so they can make money without having Beths lawhounds on their hides. Look at the experience they gathered managing FOnline, they could write it in a portfolio!

Calm down, i'm not paranoid. I'm just wondering what the devs are going to do strategically, in a few years.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 11:09:55 am »

There's no thing to worry, FOnline could be still threaten like a mod. ;-)

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:00:30 am »

since nobody answers, here is my answer:
Devs will abandon the game because create another generic-fallout-related-postapo lore would be so depressing.... (Fallot, Exodus, etc) (also note that Fallout itself is a trademark created to suplant Wasteland  :P)
Many players wont actually care, mostly little boys and pvp apes who doesnt care about Fallout and what that really means.
Some others will try to keep alive the project, but i just cant handle the idea of "West Coast Republic or "Old Rubbish Knights". So i will put me a bomb and blow up the Bethesda offices including all his bastard lawyers, devs, pitty workers and of course Todd Howard...

But that will not happen.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:03:55 am »

This is really interesting - appart from being another Alvarez strange idea topic.
In fact something like that already happended in the modding community (I don't remember the exact game sorry).

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 07:34:57 pm »

Devs will abandon the game

bah...! devs won't abandon the game...unless shit hits the fan real hard.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 08:00:53 pm »

This is really interesting - appart from being another Alvarez strange idea topic.
In fact something like that already happended in the modding community (I don't remember the exact game sorry).

Jaja. Something happened somewhere but we can't say anything about it. Also, we chuckle like dandies at creative strange idea topics and their OPs.

Also, this, in case someone forgot this excellent example of franchise swap.

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 08:21:18 pm »

Also, this, in case someone forgot this excellent example of franchise swap.
WOW nice! Too sad this is not complete and probably never... But who has licence for it?
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 08:44:01 pm »

WOW nice! Too sad this is not complete and probably never... But who has licence for it?

Glutton Creeper Games.
Not complete... Can Warhammer universe, for example ever be complete? It won't be updated with campaigns, that's it.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 11:21:25 pm »

^ ZeniMax Media demands removal of references to Fallout

fuck you bethesda. and fuck the copyright shit. its like with Skype they got sued because Skype contains the word Sky . what a shitty planet we live on.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:23:43 pm by Gob »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.754 seconds with 22 queries.