"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 12:30:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Multiply experience every day  (Read 1546 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Multiply experience every day
« on: March 05, 2012, 11:43:19 pm »

Simple idea i have notice in World of Tanks. Every day, you can get 3x more experience for fist battle victory of each of your amored vehicle. It has good effect. Even you dont have enough time to play many hours per day, you are motivated to play every day at least few minutes.

So why not introduce something similar in Fonline. 3x experience multiply for first experience gained per real day. It could be maybe limited to combat experience from killing critters. So from 3x 10 xp to 3x 1000 xp per real day. In most exploiting possible scenario, you can get per real time month 20 000 xp more then before.

Every experienced PvP player is able to level up his char during 1 day, 3 days max. So this sugestion will not help powerplayers.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: Multiply experience every day
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:54:09 pm »

Not bad :)

Rage master

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 03:12:15 am »

Quite good, but it should included quests. 1day suitcase 6k exp :)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:11:15 am »

Will we also get a 50% price reduction for the AMX 13 75?

Just because it is in one game does not mean it makes sense here. Unless this has 0% chance of breaking something and takes 5 minutes to code, the benefit is not worth it. If you need a real time month to get 20 000 exp then I suggest you craft 300 .45 caliber, pick up 160 fruit (5-15 minutes) and buy a grease-gun. You can kill a centaur for 900 exp with 2-3 bursts in turn-based.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Lordus

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:00:24 pm »

So what do you suggest to support occasional players of Fonline? And dont answer "more quests," because everybody know that the ratio of new quests is cca 10 per year, added in one massive update/wipe.

Maybe you did not noticed, but population of this server is dying, again..
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:05:44 pm »

Maybe you did not noticed, but population of this server is dying, again..

There are other reasons for that.

about the suggestion , yeah why not.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 01:57:39 pm »

blahblah is right. For time invested into this feature, it wouldnt have big impact on the gameplay. But the idea is good.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 04:50:56 pm »

So what do you suggest to support occasional players of Fonline?

I answered. Go kill a centaur. It is possible now. It doesn't take developer time, and is available more than 1 time per day.
Really, this is an OK suggestion, but I suspect there is no easy way to add it without modifying some game mechanic which can cause bugs and errors. That's why I told you the easiest and fastest way to get exp in this game. You can also go kill a centaur with a friend in TB. One runs away and the other shoots.

FOnline is always dead or dying. The only problem with this statement is that there are 200-300 players every weekend. I remember times where 150 online players was a lot. And then people were saying the server will be dead soon as well.

Lordus

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 08:16:46 pm »

blahblah is right. For time invested into this feature, it wouldnt have big impact on the gameplay. But the idea is good.

The idea is tested and works perfectly in WoT. But you are wrong. Impact on the gameplay is not the priority. Priority is to motivate players to play every day at least few minutes, because sometimes they can stay longer, interact with other players, decide to create faction...

The reasonable amount of XP or other reward could be tested.. Fonline is still Beta. The idea of XP multiply could be replaced by one quest (So no need to replace whole XP mechanics.), similar to find and bring kind of stuff.. => find and kill certain type of critter and you will get additional reward (XP, caps,..). Repetable every day at certain fixed hour => concentration effect of players in one place at certain time ("Hey buddy, i saw you yesterday. Do you want to level up with me?"  "Of course"...).

I answered. Go kill a centaur. It is possible now. It doesn't take developer time, and is available more than 1 time per day.

Developers spends time for a whole spectrum of ingame features.. many of them were unsuccesfull (parle :) ), some are perfect, others are still unbalanced. But it is hard to say before that that their effort will not have any positive effect. No evidence, no possible statement of this kind.

Also i think that ocasional players without economical, population and know how factors are unable to kill centaurs if they want. Also i modified my suggestion to not limit it on centaurs only.

FOnline is always dead or dying. The only problem with this statement is that there are 200-300 players every weekend. I remember times where 150 online players was a lot. And then people were saying the server will be dead soon as well.

It looks like that after server Exodus, the player Exodus occured. We can discuss about reasons (dual log banning, new IP, or simply server does not offer anything new, news are simply exhausted), but more reasonable will be discusion about countermeasures. Its little of topic, but i am disapointed of GMs works, because they did not prepare and plan any masive Event.

I remember events kind like Kill enclave etc. 2 months after wipe most of players has hight level builds able to challenge critters in this kind of event, but it looks like that GMs motto of this era is "I am here to solve the dual log crime! You are all under my arrest!" :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:21:32 pm by Lordus »
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 09:07:30 pm »

The idea is tested and works perfectly in WoT.
Unlocking items with experience points also works perfectly in WoT. How about with 50% SG you can use only mauser. Then 75% unlocks shotgun and desert eagle. At 100% SG you get to use combat shotguns and 125% allows tier 10 sniper rifles? After all, this works very good in WoT. Get good at shooting with one gun to be able to shoot the other.

The idea of XP multiply could be replaced by one quest (So no need to replace whole XP mechanics.), similar to find and bring kind of stuff.. => find and kill certain type of critter and you will get additional reward (XP, caps,..). Repetable every day at certain fixed hour =>
So you just want a new quest? How about repeatable money delivery in VC. Box moving for money. Apples for experience. Delivering cases for people. There are repeatable quests now too. Sure, there can be more, but if you just wanted a quest you could write one for a contest here in forums.

concentration effect of players in one place at certain time ("Hey buddy, i saw you yesterday. Do you want to level up with me?"  "Of course"...).
;D ::)
NCR is a concentration of players. Guess what happens? People usually "Hey, wanna be friends?" and then shoot the other person in the face when they leave town. Or explode standing next to them. Or just pickpocket. This game has 0 rewards for being kind other than feeling good. So people usually just are assholes.
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:31 pm »

bad idea. Something is working in other games don't have to work in FOnline. FOnline is RPG MMO, World of tanks is Tank MMO  ;)

Lordus

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 08:23:16 am »

A lot of concepts and ideas are same among a lot of games. Aiming, armors, crafting, upgrades, Hit points, critical hits, leveling, sneaking, requied skill to adequate use of weapons = same in Fonline and World of Tanks.. How surprising  :o :o :o .. so your statements are stupid, cusiek and blahblah. Mechanism of blueprints were not implemented in F1 or F2, crafting  too and it is normal part of Fonline universe and nobody cry that crafting was "stealed" from World of Warcraft :P So blablah, leave this discusion if it is too intelectual for you.   :-*

But sad is, that you miss the main point.. motivate players to login fonline client every day at least for few minutes. I agree that there could exist different forms, but this exact works in WoT (and maybe elsewhere, i dont know) and it is more simple to implement it than add new quest every day = utopia.

Meat jerky delivery, apples for experience.. this is not the exact reason why to play every day at leas for few minutes. But bonus to XP during leveling your newbie char is.

Concentration of player : last session, after i tried 2238 again, after i log my char, i went into NCR Bazaar and i was death in 30 sec (literaly), because of suicide killer, but before that, i was robbed. This is "a very nice" concentration of players motivating players to play 2238 every day. I did not care about stuff, because i had a plenty of them, but newbies must be wery exciting from this concentration.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 10:54:47 am »

One problem with this idea. Lets assume that player A is at lvl 4 waiting for lvl 5 to spend his perk but he has to leave for a week. His experiance is going up in the mean and he reaches lvl6 he lost a perk.
I think it would be way better to have a manual or a tutorial area something like Wichura suggested about Ghost farm. I think making a manual and putting a permament link to the wiki at the launcher would help a lot.
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 03:50:41 pm »

Your statements are stupid, cusiek and blahblah.
Thank you for showing mature behaviour and respect for your interlocutors.
So blablah, leave this discusion if it is too intelectual for you.   :-*
There are no intellectual words in this discussion, yet the spelling of some still eludes you. This fact, however, does not prevent you from implying that I lack mental prowess, whereas none of my replies (which I have now re-read to ascertain myself) hinted nor directly commented on your persona.

But sad is, that you miss the main point.. motivate players to login fonline client every day at least for few minutes. I agree that there could exist different forms, but this exact works in WoT (and maybe elsewhere, i dont know) and it is more simple to implement it than add new quest every day = utopia.
I see your point and I have already addressed it by stating that the suggestion is OK. My point is that the effort to include this overweights the benefit.
Do we really have many players who are eager to log-in every day only to get 1000 more experience points?

Meat jerky delivery, apples for experience.. this is not the exact reason why to play every day at leas for few minutes. But bonus to XP during leveling your newbie char is.
If doing a quest is not a good reason, then why is killing a radscorpion a good reason? You suggest double experience for first kill/quest per day. I said that a centaur is easy to kill and can be done more often than once. To this you responded that newbs cannot kill centaurs, so I assume newbie chars kill what is possible with turn based and a mauser, a radscorpion or some rats. Having 60 experience doubled is also not going to make people play for a few minutes every day.

Concentration of player : last session, after i tried 2238 again, after i log my char, i went into NCR Bazaar and i was death in 30 sec (literaly), because of suicide killer, but before that, i was robbed. This is "a very nice" concentration of players motivating players to play 2238 every day. I did not care about stuff, because i had a plenty of them, but newbies must be wery exciting from this concentration.
Getting robbed and killed in 30 seconds is a good motivation? Interesting point of view.

Lordus

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 11:08:46 pm »

Thank you for showing mature behaviour and respect for your interlocutors.
Not you, but your statement is stupid.
There are no intellectual words in this discussion, yet the spelling of some still eludes you. This fact, however, does not prevent you from implying that I lack mental prowess, whereas none of my replies (which I have now re-read to ascertain myself) hinted nor directly commented on your persona.
Getting robbed and killed in 30 seconds is a good motivation? Interesting point of view.

You did not get, it.. Irony.
I see your point and I have already addressed it by stating that the suggestion is OK. My point is that the effort to include this overweights the benefit.
Do we really have many players who are eager to log-in every day only to get 1000 more experience points?
If doing a quest is not a good reason, then why is killing a radscorpion a good reason? You suggest double experience for first kill/quest per day. I said that a centaur is easy to kill and can be done more often than once. To this you responded that newbs cannot kill centaurs, so I assume newbie chars kill what is possible with turn based and a mauser, a radscorpion or some rats. Having 60 experience doubled is also not going to make people play for a few minutes every day.

Finaly, we are back to the topic. You think that XP bonus is not big?

I agree that WoT XP multiplication works quite differently than idea i suggested before. In WoT, it is in general multiplication of XP gained from killed all armors, base cap and victory bonus. So what about multiplication of XPs not from one critter, but from whole encounter. Maybe first encounter you met. This could be motivating, dont you think?

Maybe you dont think that fonline needs this kind of motivation. Then look at server status and realize, that only after 2 months after wipe, server population rapidly decrease. => Becase current server content is exhausted. So why not motivate players to do one inexhaustible gameplay in Fonline = creating, leveling and testing of new chars.

Concentration of players: dont underestimate it. Two players day after day at same place with, at same time with same aim => the ideal background for make ingame friendship, faction => reason to stay in game.

But i agree with one thing. Devs dont care about newbies.. no tutorial (on Requiem, TLA is tutorial), no support for Newbie Friendly faction (Wichura cave).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 26 queries.