"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 08:04:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Changelog 06/02/2012  (Read 16651 times)

avv

Re: Changelog 06/02/2012
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 07:06:22 pm »

Okay, sheesh, make them hard. But for heaven's sake don't make them difficulty crit-based. There's nothing worse than random massive damage crits from npcs ruining your whole encounter
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 10:55:25 pm »

High tech will be high tech

All you have done is made some of the high tier armors just unavailable , so ... will see.

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 10:58:02 pm »

giving only shitty armors ingame + keeping current dmg output for bursting weapons (avenger powah) is just out of logic, its simply boosting those weapons even more in opposition to others

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 11:23:16 pm »

I am referring to toughening the "High tech" Encounters up, not CA needing fibre+.

CA was so easy to craft it was as if it was free. I don't anticipate CA being so rare that gangs won't be using it as their standard armour any more (maybe they won't use it as a carpet for their entire base though  ::)).
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 11:54:05 pm »

still ca cant be even compared to BA what was used as a standard armor in previous session, so still its the whole effect I described above is  on topic.
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 12:41:00 am »

CA was so easy to craft it was as if it was free. I don't anticipate CA being so rare that gangs won't be using it as their standard armour any more (maybe they won't use it as a carpet for their entire base though  ::)).

Carpets will be always a common myth it's just people organizing equipment on ground , SoT can make a gauss pistol carpet only it will not be as big as MA carpet :) You know in team fights right now if your team has a tough fight if you win you still will end up loosing more CA than gaining any usable ones , it's just armors break so much when you die i don't think it's necessary to make them more rare.

It's not like previous season win few fights and make a carpet out of something , shit brakes fast so equipment at least armor stays in some reasonable amounts. What you have changed at the moment is just working , don't make CA's much rarer , it's not needed please.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:46:52 am by T-888 »
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 12:45:11 am »

carpet

Team of 10 players dies twice, that's 20 CA gone. If CA gets used up faster than gets replaced TC with metal?
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 12:53:27 am »

Team of 10 players dies twice, that's 20 CA gone. If CA gets used up faster than gets replaced TC with metal?

The thing is the winning team or player in some small fights doesn't gain very much from looting the CA or any kind of armor in reasonable condition , many times you get some 25/100 CA. Okay you have the resources to repair , you repair it once it will pretty much always decrease the maximum condition , you loose that CA so the next time some player repairs it , it again decreases maximum condition. Perfect condition armors don't last much if their used.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:55:16 am by T-888 »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 01:05:34 am »

Depends if you want to base your opinion on facts or hyperbole I guess.

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 01:08:00 am »

Has the map travel speed been changed?
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

ToxiCAVE

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 01:12:26 am »

solar and what about tools. when i am trying to rep my armor with s tool "you need spare parts". i know i can repair my stuff only with other of same kind but can we make armos less vulnerable to beyond repair?
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 01:23:53 am »

Ya, and one clan made ~500 CA when found a blueprint before update, and noone other can have those since that update. Because there are no fibers+ etc. As you are fixing bugs, we can read from changelog: SEC for 2 alloys, never-ending grenade bug, cheap CA, 5$ bug - those are highly unbalancing bugs, which were known only to some small/elite group of people, and fixed immediately after info about them spread too wide. And some casual clans are way away from those elite bugusers, with no chance of achieving their economy even in two months.

Why don't think fast-wipe after finding so highly unbalancing bugs?
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2012, 01:30:29 am »

Depends if you want to base your opinion on facts or hyperbole I guess.

Facts , i have participated in " few " team fights this wipe , the loot in bases i see is usually crap especially armors. It's easy to notice that 100/100% CA carpet gets only smaller when you fight. So as i said what you changed is working , don't screw it please.

ToxiCAVE

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 02:31:23 am »

sot needs their exploits and 30k 2mm ammo and few milions ;D what ? start from begin with out knowed exploits...nahhh
but stop argue about ca bp...just move ur *ss and find it for yourself, it wasnt bug or exploit

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 02:44:47 am »

One of the things which came in the update for the WE was support for perks for NPCs. This new ability will be used ;)
NICE, I really want to see BRD bursters, BetterCrit snipers (well maybe this not), Fastshot pistoleros and why not? SD and sneaking critters
I keep saying Encounters will be a challenge, each easy mode will be shut off until high tech Encounters actually are difficult, if it takes me until my dying breath!
High tech will be high tech
Well there is a BIG problem with that statement:
If you want to farm stuff (not just farm, but kill critters to loot) you have to spend even more stuff that what you will obtain.
Critters have too much life, it becomes boring to kill them, and since TB is the only viable way, the whole combat becomes really boring, not hard.
Also this feature will kill the loners (MONSTER!!!)
The result is simply, big gangs will concentrate his efforts in find blueprints, gather resources and crafting. PVE will die.
In terms of fun this means that we will have to waste more time crafting instead of fighting. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Also people in this game uses to get the top tier stuff for his battles, if you change this you will NEVER see mid tier combats, people will just spend more time crafting or finding new ways of crafting wich will obviously make this game boring

I personally think that the main idea (make hitech true hitech) is awesome, the problem here is the fun and the players, you should not change this, really. Old system is not perfect, but this new way is just...wrong.

They will be of a similar difficulty in the end.
well, Junktown guards in encounters have 233HP and they only give you LA, 10mm pistol and rarely 10mmSMG or even Hunting Rifles (wich can be obtain easily from ghouls) its totally worthless to fight them and it was one if my favorite things to do.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:48:54 am by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.