"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 07:02:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Changelog 06/02/2012  (Read 16649 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Changelog 06/02/2012
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 01:22:48 am »

This is because of a change to one of our tools, I need to remake some of the newer encounters.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 01:33:32 am »

so far i can say that (at least) some npcs dont drop helmets anymore.

Oh yeah. And dead dogs in farmer encs seem to drop 100/100 leather armors.

EDIT: Wrong button ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 02:16:46 am by ErnestGaskin »

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 10:23:06 am »

Fullscreen mode in non-OpenGL still not fixed.
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 11:42:38 am »

Fullscreen mode in non-OpenGL still not fixed.
+1

OpenGL is broken, welcome to windows

avv

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 01:24:13 pm »

I had an encounter saying "Mantis and 80s" but it only had mantis. What are 80s anyway?

so far i can say that (at least) some npcs dont drop helmets anymore.

They aren't wearing them, they don't have helmets. This makes them very vulnerable to headcrits. Not a good change in my opinion.

Also noticed the hit points of many encs have been buffed. Okay, but here's the thing:

Vs encs are very easy to kill regardless of the hp.
Maps with terrain are good because you can manouver and outsmart the npcs. Hp doesn't matter that much.
Maps with no terrain you best just leave regardless of hp.

All in all upping the hps just increases the time spent on that enc and ammo consumption. It also makes fighting the encs in RT night impossible, unless with group. But so far it's nothing special, haven't checked all encs out though.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 01:31:59 pm »

I also had empty 80s encounter. The only thing I could do with it was to sing some Bee Gees song.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 01:38:54 pm »

The helmet thing is probably something to do with the new world editor as well, it wasn't intentional.

HP increases are so far only on the higher tier encounters. They are more of a placeholder to stop them being quite so easy.

The great NPC update hasn't really begun in earnest yet. Only got as far as the traditional first step of anything I do .. making a spreadsheet for it ;)

It also makes fighting the encs in RT night impossible, unless with group.

Good, I don't really want people taking out BoS/Enclave/VC/Hub/NCR Ranger patrols on their own armed with a rock and a LJ. They should be something that takes organisation and tactics to beat. The lower encounters HP should be the same as ever for the moment.

I had an encounter saying "Mantis and 80s" but it only had mantis. What are 80s anyway?

They were a Raider group Lexx added, but the WE update has done something weird to the new groups.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 01:58:16 pm »

What are 80s anyway?

They are a Raidergroup briefly mentionend in New Vegas' Honest Hearts DLC. I'm guessing Lexx added them to the new encounter groups.

E: D'oh, Solar. :P

avv

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 02:04:49 pm »

Thanks for info. Spares us (at least me) from a lot of insecurity.

Good, I don't really want people taking out BoS/Enclave/VC/Hub/NCR Ranger patrols on their own armed with a rock and a LJ. They should be something that takes organisation and tactics to beat. The lower encounters HP should be the same as ever for the moment.

I'm afraid this can't be stopped. People farm in groups and alone alike. Just like they mine and gather in groups and alone. So far anything that needs to be done with friends hasn't stopped players from doing it alone. Look at bases, multiple tents per one char, quests, even tc can be done alone.

You see there's a vast ammount of ways to deal with hard encounter npcs alone and if you start to mess with those ways, other branches of gameplay suffer. However those ways are like last resort when the actual solid gameplay becomes too hard. It's not as fun as regular playing but you do it because of the rewards.
Here's some ways to farm alone:
- Drive a car in encounter and you can always return
- Use proxies in tb
- Make a build solely dedicated in hunting that group of npcs
- Pick only the most suitable encounters, scrap the rest

Besides, solo farming is already pretty hard when not using abuses. You die, your stuff is gone. Someone jumps on you, you're alone vs him/them. You can't loot that much. Impossible in rt vs hardest encs. Only thing I agree is that you can farm with total crap gear. But you can blame crits for that.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »

The 80s are in the game since last wipe, but out of whatever reason, their display name reverted to "Raiders," which is now corrected. The 80s first appeard in J.E. Sawyers Fallout PnP game.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 02:47:37 pm »

The car trick should already be stopped, npcs leave encounters after 10(iirc?) Mins

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 04:43:48 pm »

Farming boosted encounters is becoming unprofitable. Because cost of ammo and possibility to loss equipment is too high and if succeed it gives small amount of ammo, deteriorated armor and crappy weapon. And as always loners and small groups gets their ass kicked, and strong gangs will be strong. Let's remember, that game should be fun, not a simulator of real life boredom.

Vipers encounter also seem bugged (no npcs). And may already dead bodies (dogs, children and wilder) have leather armor in equipment.
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 05:00:38 pm »

any special change in town control?

avv

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 05:39:21 pm »

Farming boosted encounters is becoming unprofitable. Because cost of ammo and possibility to loss equipment is too high and if succeed it gives small amount of ammo, deteriorated armor and crappy weapon. And as always loners and small groups gets their ass kicked, and strong gangs will be strong. Let's remember, that game should be fun, not a simulator of real life boredom.

Remember it's just temporary.
Yet still, when I noticed 320 hp mutants with my tb fastshotter, I just turned right back. Time to make tb crippler, spares some ammo.
The stuff we get from those encs isn't that good. Only really good stuff are actually laser rifles (which got big damagebuff) and sniper rifles. Dunno why snipers are farmable, they are as good for snipers as avengers are for brd burst. Ncr army has m60 and lsw, which are good but the encounter is challenging enough as it was.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 06:53:22 pm »

Time to make tb crippler, spares some ammo.

One of the things which came in the update for the WE was support for perks for NPCs. This new ability will be used ;)

I keep saying Encounters will be a challenge, each easy mode will be shut off until high tech Encounters actually are difficult, if it takes me until my dying breath!

High tech will be high tech

Dunno why snipers are farmable

They will be of a similar difficulty in the end.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 19 queries.