"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:48:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: HtH Lockpick build suggestions  (Read 1124 times)

HtH Lockpick build suggestions
« on: February 06, 2012, 03:11:19 am »

Haven't played in a few wipes. Was gonna try for a HtH lockpicker to find blueprints. This is what I was thinking, any feedback would be appreciated.

S 6
P 2
E 10
C 4
I 8
A 8
L 2

3 Bonus HtH Dam
6 Toughness
9 Even Tougher
12 Lifegiver
15 Lifegiver+
18 Lifegiver++
21 Bonus HtH Attacks
24 Man of Steel?

Skills
Unarmed 180
Lockpick 174
Traps 125  (not tagged)
Outdoorsman 150

Ends up with 286 hp.  Is 174 lockpick not nearly enough? I was hoping for a little more than just lockpick with him.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God
Re: HtH Lockpick build suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:22:41 pm »

Greetings. Welcome back :)

As to your build in my personal opinion:
- 2 luck or 1 luck doesn't matter much I guess, so just go with 1 luck (+1 stat point free)
- 1 perception or 2 perception... you'll be blind anyway, so just go with 1 perception (+1 stat point)
- 3 charisma is needed to talk to most of the npc's, so I'd bring that down with 1 point too (+1 stat point free)

Regarding your HtH style:
Seeing as you have low luck, you won't be going for crits. The good thing this wipe has added is the improvement of "heavy handed" - the chance for a knock down with every HtH hit, if a successful strength roll is made. This is very usefull.
If you would choose to go for the knock down HtH build, I would suggest taking "heavy handed", but also "bruiser" to beef up your strength to 10 (=almost 100% knockdowns).
With the 3 statpoint you freed up (if you've been liking my earlier advice), you can get your agility to 10 (for 8 action points; you won't need more with heavy handed) and/or beef up your intelligence for more lock pick skill.
> something like this: 10/1/10/3/9/10/1 (+ bruiser & heavy handed)

I'm not sure about the traps... with 1 or 2 perception you won't see the traps until you're on top of them. I don't know what skill is needed to disarm a trap either. But lock pick seems pretty random. Might be some luck or perception involved if reason serves (does it ever?).
Also, there are no expanded lock picks (yet). So you can get +25% from normal lock picks.

Hope this helps you a bit.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:02:21 pm »

I made the error to make a 1pe lockpick alt he cant see traps at all, but it's doesn't really matter because he can use a lot of weak healing powder....

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »

I made the error to make a 1pe lockpick alt he cant see traps at all, but it's doesn't really matter because he can use a lot of weak healing powder....

I do this too :)
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 06:06:34 am »

Thanks for the advice, I like the idea of 3 10's. Maybe I'll beef up lockpick and just rely on a lot of hp for the traps.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.