"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:23:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

READ POST FIRST! Who would be willing to donate this amount of you countries currency.....

1-5
6-15
16-30
31-50
I dont donate, im just a tight wad who plays for free

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I know its not likely.........  (Read 1188 times)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
I know its not likely.........
« on: February 04, 2012, 04:52:18 pm »

I've been thinking about something for a loooooong time, and i've done some tests with server sdk, and i've messed around with configs, i've just done alot to bring up this point to say that it is possible to do. Fonline Mobile!!!!!! Why not be able to play fonline as an app on an iphone/ipad/ipod, or an android tablet/android phone? I guarentee that as an app, it would make alot of money for server up keep, and enough money to do whatever really. I know for sure alot of people who if given the circumstances, would be be more than happy, excited actually, to donate for this cause. Im not talking about "$1" donations, im talking "$100 each" donations. Like I said, I know this is not likely, and it will probobly get mocked and laughed at, but hey.... just a suggestion.
Re: I know its not likely.........
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:30:53 pm »

Have you ever seen FOnline license?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:27:46 pm »

Have you ever seen FOnline license?

There is one?

If so, it should be included in the client though.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:26:58 pm »

There is one?

If so, it should be included in the client though.

Its the SDK. You aren't allowed to make any profit with the engine. Which blocks any way of income other than donations.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 07:59:01 pm »

Well, that's a point up for discussion.

The real deal is, that Bethesda would sue your ass if you sell Fallout games without them being involved.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 08:16:15 pm »

Its the SDK. You aren't allowed to make any profit with the engine. Which blocks any way of income other than donations.

Ok, that sorts out the initial question.

The real deal is, that Bethesda would sue your ass if you sell Fallout games without them being involved.

But under which license is the game (client) itself distributed? I would like to see a file with it in the client files. Along with some readme though. What do you say Lexx?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 08:18:20 pm »

Very true, just look at the Bethseda vs Interplay case.

Gimper

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 08:43:16 pm »

Well yeah... Thants what im saying. Make it a free app for apple or android or whatever. (btw anyone can make apps for the android market and appstore, so you dont need a liscense for that) And the main source of of the server up keep is still donations, but now with double, triple or maybe even 4x the donations. Alot more people would play, meaning alot more donations. Im not saying sell it, because your right, bethesda or interplay or whatever, would be on you so fast, you would not know what hit you. Just think about it.

Proctor

• Bend over and give me a little cough.........
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 09:06:07 pm »

it should be free , but ask about pay to play like rs with bethesda getting a% or even backing devmnt for say six months to see if it works. if it does offer the people who pay, stock in the pay for play version of fonline. im not saying itll be easy but this game has real potential. ive played every game from space invaders console to skyrim , but i keep comming back to this.
i would give 60 bucks to buy the game if it were offerd like it is ,with a little fix here n there. 

Doc.Rockso

• I DO COCAINE!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 09:09:02 pm »

Not a bad idea, only problem is the developers probobly don't have enough time on their hands to keep an economical wasteland for apple and android, and also the mods and devs probobly dont have androids and ipads to keep it going.

Doc.Rockso

• I DO COCAINE!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 09:11:29 pm »

it should be free , but ask about pay to play like rs with bethesda getting a% or even backing devmnt for say six months to see if it works. if it does offer the people who pay, stock in the pay for play version of fonline. im not saying itll be easy but this game has real potential. ive played every game from space invaders console to skyrim , but i keep comming back to this.
i would give 60 bucks to buy the game if it were offerd like it is ,with a little fix here n there.

Yeah, but bethesda will want to know how much this game makes in donations and when they find out, this thought gets flushed down pooper.

Gimper

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 09:23:38 pm »

Yeah, but bethesda will want to know how much this game makes in donations and when they find out, this thought gets flushed down pooper.

I think he means that the fonline creators shouldnt sell the game, but sell liscense to be able to play the game. I dont think that goes againset the rules. And if bethesda agrees to it, Ya know just give them their cut. Good thought Proctor!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 10:31:27 pm »

I think he means that the fonline creators shouldnt sell the game, but sell liscense to be able to play the game. I dont think that goes againset the rules. And if bethesda agrees to it, Ya know just give them their cut. Good thought Proctor!

You do realize this is a very naive thought?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 25 queries.