"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 10, 2024, 08:24:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Changelog 04/02/2012  (Read 21621 times)

Re: Changelog 04/02/2012
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2012, 12:44:44 pm »

(...) the thing was ovepowered as hell.  (...) necessary for change.  For a good reason.
That's still a matter of opinion, your truth is not the only truth here ;)

Where did I say that?
That's obvious. By using the 15+ page thread argument, you automatically assumed that I created my build after the thread was created. Because otherwise the argument wouldn't make sense(and it doesn't, since you assumed incorrectly).

But anyway. Everyone can express his opinion, so can I, that's why I made the complaint. The truth is, my time got wasted. What if you had(if you don't) a BG character, and then, let's say, Big Guns skill gets removed? Wouldn't you complain? Because, personally, I think it's a little overpowered comparing to those snipers/plasmers, or especially SG bursters that do no damage at all(30hp bursts, haha).

They could nerf Silent Death bursts. I would be totally for the nerfing, since my character would be still playable - harder, but still fun. Not complete removal of the feature. Never.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2012, 12:49:22 pm »

That's still a matter of opinion, your truth is not the only truth here ;)
That's obvious. By using the 15+ page thread argument, you automatically assumed that I created my build after the thread was created. Because otherwise the argument wouldn't make sense(and it doesn't, since you assumed incorrectly).
it makes sense either way, and the way, where you already have lvl 24, is that you should've assumed yourself there was going to be change, and prepared yourself for it.  But it's clear you didn't.
But anyway. Everyone can express his opinion, so can I, that's why I made the complaint. The truth is, my time got wasted. What if you had(if you don't) a BG character, and then, let's say, Big Guns skill gets removed? Wouldn't you complain? Because, personally, I think it's a little overpowered comparing to those snipers/plasmers, or especially SG bursters that do no damage at all(30hp bursts, haha).
Didn't say you couldn't express your opinion.
They didn't completely remove anything as well.
They could nerf Silent Death bursts. I would be totally for the nerfing, since my character would be still playable - harder, but still fun. Not complete removal of the feature. Never.
wasn't completely removed.   They completely removed the use for bursting (consequently at the moment all guns with the smg sprite) and you can still use pistols, and later on, 223 and 14mm once it gets fixed, which will kick alot of ass still.

Your crying over spilled milk when there's still 3/4 a gallon in the jug.

(even if your a silent death burster build and nothing else 14mm and 223 pistols will more than make up for that, and assuming you have 3x brd, you will have +7 damage!  Multiply it by however much from criticals and its a decent boost, and you'll always get crit from back with or without aim. :P
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:51:15 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2012, 01:58:50 pm »

SD working on smg's was a bug , it got fixed. Deal with it.

http://clip2net.com/s/1yVZ8

I reported that , everyone had a chance to plan ahead and test it , too powerful so i planned ahead. That was very early in CBT.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:07:24 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2012, 03:48:15 pm »

it makes sense either way, and the way, where you already have lvl 24, is that you should've assumed yourself there was going to be change, and prepared yourself for it. 
The damage was already done.  I could just hopelessly play my burster and get all the fun i could before, you know, it became useless.

(even if your a silent death burster build and nothing else 14mm and 223 pistols will more than make up for that, and assuming you have 3x brd, you will have +7 damage!  Multiply it by however much from criticals and its a decent boost, and you'll always get crit from back with or without aim. :P
Great.

SD working on smg's was a bug , it got fixed. Deal with it.
I already did. But I'm complaining because I didn't know it was a bug(only few participated in CBT), didn't know it's going to be fixed, made a SD burster. As I said, I have the right to complain.

JovankaB

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2012, 04:32:11 pm »

The damage was already done.  I could just hopelessly play my burster and get all the fun i could before, you know, it became useless.

I don't buy that you couldn't predict the possibility of the nerf.

Choosing to take a novelty build - invisible bluesuit that can do 500+ damage with
cheapest SMG should bell a ring for experienced player like you. You traded the joy
of having OP character for the risk of having it nerfed eventually. It was your choice.
You can always play in a smart way and avoid builds that look borked.

It's a "beta" (more like alpha, but whatever - the point is, it's not finished game).
Changes are part of the development process. And yes, the changes can be painful.
I understand why you are upset, but I think everyone who has been playing for
some time experienced the same thing, many times. Otherwise, how would devs
know that builds aren't balanced properly? ::)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:59:22 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2012, 05:03:17 pm »

Yes, yes, you are right, it was overpowered. That's why I said it should be nerfed, but not removed completly(the bursts, don't tell me about single shots please).
Cap the damage? Divide it if it's coming from a burst? Use another critical tables while bursting? All those possibilities.

By the way, 500+ dmg happened very rarely :F That's what professional players remember the most, not taking into account the frequent 60dmg bursts(criticals!) that I remember very well.
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2012, 06:13:42 pm »

SD was never intended to work with bursts , developers made choice to just fix it , they obviously had their reasons to do that.
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2012, 07:05:43 pm »

just use your sd bursters to 1hex people with assault rifle :D, and yeh if they fix .223 pistol and 14mm,. i feel they should make the single shot from smg´s work aswell. no reason it should not imo.

the sneak burster is not a dead, you just gotta get within 1hex now to be effective.
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2012, 07:48:17 pm »

IF you look at this forum, you will see that solar wrote many times that burst working with SD was unintented. So don't tell that you didn't know. And there was a lot threads like "SD bursters are OP" and in each one Solar stated at least once it's a bug. [in this pleace i could put some trolling comment but... neah]
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2012, 11:05:18 pm »

Waiting for SD fix for pistols with smg animations. I just hope that it wont take too long and will be fixed in this week :).

IF you look at this forum, you will see that solar wrote many times that burst working with SD was unintented. So don't tell that you didn't know. And there was a lot threads like "SD bursters are OP" and in each one Solar stated at least once it's a bug. [in this pleace i could put some trolling comment but... neah]

Not everyone using forums and reading it often. I understand ppls rage if I would took BRD I would be raged too, but Im reading forums from time to time so I dodged that :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ToxiCAVE

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2012, 11:17:09 pm »

come on every one knows SD will be nerfted. i killed 720hp enclave with greese gun ;D
when SD are nerfted we can play in NR or other north cities with out worry about...where are you 1k damage ghost
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2012, 11:34:50 pm »

Haha, how many times I have said I created my character before developers staded anything, eh, this is getting tiresome... Please end this argument. It's irritating that someone doesn't read carefully and joins the conversation.

just use your sd bursters to 1hex people with assault rifle :D, and yeh if they fix .223 pistol and 14mm,. i feel they should make the single shot from smg´s work aswell. no reason it should not imo.

the sneak burster is not a dead, you just gotta get within 1hex now to be effective.
I hope what you're saying about assault rifle is true, because p90 bursts are horrible. Have fun :)
It's still harsh, since if you don't kill this big gunner in your first 1hex burst, you will get annihilated, unless he's lagging, has very bad reflexes or whatever. Also you won't have the time to hide after your move when there's more than one person, so it's pretty much a kamikaze. Still better than nothing :F

ToxiCAVE

« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2012, 11:39:00 pm »

and how did you imagine that? some blue-pijama ninja with greese gun can kill with sinlge burst 290hp heavly armed tank with gatling/avenger with single burst? now it is hard to do it with avenger and you want do it with trash gun and x15 .45 bullets?
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2012, 12:23:30 pm »

and how did you imagine that? some blue-pijama ninja with greese gun can kill with sinlge burst 290hp heavly armed tank with gatling/avenger with single burst? now it is hard to do it with avenger and you want do it with trash gun and x15 .45 bullets?
I have to repeat myself again, pal
it was overpowered. That's why I said it should be nerfed, but not removed completly(the bursts, don't tell me about single shots please)

And yeah, it even felt like Grease Gun was more powerful than p90
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 25 queries.