"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:19:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Companion location hint system  (Read 984 times)

Companion location hint system
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:30:48 pm »

How about a system where you get hints for current companion locations?

Lets say you talk to a barsman and can ask him if some travellers were around recently. He could than say for example that there was one and that he told the barsman, that hes heading to Den. So in that moment a companion is waiting somewhere in Den.

Just playing around with some ideas  :D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Companion location hint system
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:32:42 pm »

That's actually a decent idea.

But it would be kind of dumb how this could also turn it into a competition to grab companions, because of course every leader who is interested in companions is gonna Regularly check the bars for them and so every time there is a companion it's gonna get swarmed with tons of leaders who will literally......  fight to the death for the companion xD
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 06:39:47 pm »

Yeah, i had the same fear. ;D But i thought about it and it shouldnt be that bad, because first one gets it, so fighting would make no sense unless multiple people get there simultaneously. I'm also open minded for other suggestions, maybe better ones  :D

Fizzle

• *Inactive* - Working on a Project.
    • Fizzle's  dreamland of  exploding teddies.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:44:17 pm »

I like the Idea.

- Got this for an idea that plays of your own.

-- I dont know if the follower system has changed or not. --

Here it is: Why not if you buy a follower or slave, you can talk to them and tell them to wait in a city. Your follower will disappear and after you go to that certain city you go and talk to a certain Bartender. You ask the bartender if you seen this person (gives description of follower) and the bartender is like oh you meen this guy. (he points) and then your follower spawns at your side and he's ready for your command.

-- What you think?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:47:25 pm by Fizzle »
For those about to die I salute you with Honor and Respect.
If your going through Hell keep on going, no shit i dont wanna be luciphers bitch.
*Accused for tent raping when inactive* - Great.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 02:25:56 am »

I like the Idea.

- Got this for an idea that plays of your own.

-- I dont know if the follower system has changed or not. --

Here it is: Why not if you buy a follower or slave, you can talk to them and tell them to wait in a city. Your follower will disappear and after you go to that certain city you go and talk to a certain Bartender. You ask the bartender if you seen this person (gives description of follower) and the bartender is like oh you meen this guy. (he points) and then your follower spawns at your side and he's ready for your command.

-- What you think?

To be honest, i cant get what you are talking about  :-\

Fizzle

• *Inactive* - Working on a Project.
    • Fizzle's  dreamland of  exploding teddies.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 01:33:07 pm »

What im Saying is That if you buy a Merc. Or have a slave, If you are in a town/city and you need to go somewhere, you can go talk to your follower and tell him: Hey i need you to travel to: *Modoc for example while your in the Boneyard*. From there your follower dissapears and you travel to Modoc. You go to a local bar and ask the bartender: Hey have you seen this man/mutant/she/what ever. *you give the description of what your follower looks like* Then the Bartender says: Oh you mean the fellow: He points to your follower there in the corner* (Your follower than apears next to you already to go). - Make sense now?

-- I suggest this could only be used for one follower at a time cause i can see alot going wrong with this. :D
For those about to die I salute you with Honor and Respect.
If your going through Hell keep on going, no shit i dont wanna be luciphers bitch.
*Accused for tent raping when inactive* - Great.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 10:39:52 am »

What im Saying is That if you buy a Merc. Or have a slave, If you are in a town/city and you need to go somewhere, you can go talk to your follower and tell him: Hey i need you to travel to: *Modoc for example while your in the Boneyard*. From there your follower dissapears and you travel to Modoc. You go to a local bar and ask the bartender: Hey have you seen this man/mutant/she/what ever. *you give the description of what your follower looks like* Then the Bartender says: Oh you mean the fellow: He points to your follower there in the corner* (Your follower than apears next to you already to go). - Make sense now?

-- I suggest this could only be used for one follower at a time cause i can see alot going wrong with this. :D

Sorry, but it doesnt make any sense to me  :-\ Just dont get the idea behind it ^^
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.