"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 03:28:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Why there are not enough players?  (Read 18399 times)

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
Re: Why there are not enough players?
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2012, 11:27:40 pm »

I think the biggest problem is not only the amount of new players coming in but them actually staying.
From a new guy perspective the biggest problem is making a tent. Let's remember that new guys are loners because they don't know anybody yet. That's why it is a real pain for them to gather 10 hides for a tent. (remember that they don't know how to play and make a good build). This alone makes them go away. If we could get around that and make it easier for them the chance for them to continue playing would be higher.
When I first started, I just got 1000 caps saved up in the bank and then bought hides from somebody in NCR.  That's a fairly easy way to do it.  That's 100 shits, or 10 box unloading quests, or whatever other random way you get caps.  Simple.
Then after you get used to things, it's not too hard to go hunt brahmin.
I would like to see the http://fo2238.fodev.net/status/ say 500+ players sometime though.  This month we've gotten close, 480ish.

ObliviDan

• Better dead than red...
Re: Why there are not enough players?
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »

I've recruited 8 friends to play this game. Of that 8 only 1 is still playing... Why are there not more players? Same reason that 7 out of 8 of my friends don't play... They couldn't hack it in the wasteland. It's evident that most folks can't and that's okay because we don't like them anyway and their loot is always crap.
REAGAN IN 2012!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.